It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm interested in The Last Express, but the Google Play version includes the "find accounts on the device" permission, and that's one of my turn offs. (Not that I'm all that hot on "view Wi-Fi connections" and others.)
Does anyone know for sure if Monument Valley comes with the expansion Forgotten Shores or not?

I picked Monument Valley up recently outside the bundle so am of two minds if I should get it again.
227: Has anyone actually gotten the humble bundle Android version of The Last Express to install?
Update: HB twitted that:

"We are still looking at The Last Express APK from Mobile 12 to find out what is happening with the install errors, will update with any news"
ArtisticMinstrel: Does anyone know for sure if Monument Valley comes with the expansion Forgotten Shores or not?

I picked Monument Valley up recently outside the bundle so am of two minds if I should get it again.
I'd test it, but I'm afraid of screwing up my current install/game saves from my copy from another app store. Plus I've already purchased the Forgotten Shores expansion on my current install and I'm unsure how that would interact with this version.

Hmm, come to think of it, I've got a tablet that I can install it on when I get home this evening to check if no one else has before then...
yyahoo: I'd test it, but I'm afraid of screwing up my current install/game saves from my copy from another app store. Plus I've already purchased the Forgotten Shores expansion on my current install and I'm unsure how that would interact with this version.

<snip>
That's actually a good point - I wonder if Google play and humble bundle will play nice or if I have to delete my saves etc. Not that I'd object to playing the main game again.

I'm definitely going to get the expansion, it just depends on where.

Edit: According to a comment on another site looks as though the expansion is not included, and needs to be bought through Google play as well.
Post edited May 07, 2015 by ArtisticMinstrel
yyahoo: I'd test it, but I'm afraid of screwing up my current install/game saves from my copy from another app store. Plus I've already purchased the Forgotten Shores expansion on my current install and I'm unsure how that would interact with this version.

<snip>
ArtisticMinstrel: That's actually a good point - I wonder if Google play and humble bundle will play nice or if I have to delete my saves etc. Not that I'd object to playing the main game again.

I'm definitely going to get the expansion, it just depends on where.

Edit: According to a comment on another site looks as though the expansion is not included, and needs to be bought through Google play as well.
Yeah, I finally remembered to install in on my tablet. It wanted me to pay $1.99 for the expansion, which is odd considering I originally paid $3.99. Has the price dropped by half already? Maybe it's just on sale...
madth3: "We are still looking at The Last Express APK from Mobile 12 to find out what is happening with the install errors, will update with any news"
Thanks for that. They seem to have gotten in touch with Dotemu, who have a tweet from 13 hours ago saying that it'll be fixed "in 24 hours."
ET3D: I'm interested in The Last Express, but the Google Play version includes the "find accounts on the device" permission, and that's one of my turn offs. (Not that I'm all that hot on "view Wi-Fi connections" and others.)
I bought the bundle for The Last Express. I'm pretty oblivious with respect to Android stuff, can you clue me in to why allowing the app to "find account on device" is frowned upon?
Incidentally, is there any word on whether we'll ever see a new and improved version of the long-suffering Android client?
yyahoo: Yeah, I finally remembered to install in on my tablet. It wanted me to pay $1.99 for the expansion, which is odd considering I originally paid $3.99. Has the price dropped by half already? Maybe it's just on sale...
Thanks for checking, very much appreciated.

After finding the article, I ended up buying the expansion on the Google play copy which was ~$2 Aud. The main game is on special on Google Play at the moment, which is where I first picked it up (before the HB was out). Not sure about whether the expansion price is on special or not though.
rampancy: Incidentally, is there any word on whether we'll ever see a new and improved version of the long-suffering Android client?
Do you have the version from Google Play installed? Because they abandoned that one a while back. The new client, while not spectacular in any way, is definitely an improvement. You have to visit the Humble website on your device to get it. If you already have the version from the Humble website, then I don't know of any plans for significant improvements, not that there aren't any coming...
yyahoo: Yeah, I finally remembered to install in on my tablet. It wanted me to pay $1.99 for the expansion, which is odd considering I originally paid $3.99. Has the price dropped by half already? Maybe it's just on sale...
ArtisticMinstrel: Thanks for checking, very much appreciated.

After finding the article, I ended up buying the expansion on the Google play copy which was ~$2 Aud. The main game is on special on Google Play at the moment, which is where I first picked it up (before the HB was out). Not sure about whether the expansion price is on special or not though.
I'll bet that's what it is (both the game and the expansion are on sale). Have fun!
Post edited May 07, 2015 by yyahoo
rampancy: Incidentally, is there any word on whether we'll ever see a new and improved version of the long-suffering Android client?
yyahoo: Do you have the version from Google Play installed? Because they abandoned that one a while back. The new client, while not spectacular in any way, is definitely an improvement. You have to visit the Humble website on your device to get it. If you already have the version from the Humble website, then I don't know of any plans for significant improvements, not that there aren't any coming...
Yes, I do, but the problem is that it's utterly horrible at downloading content, with downloads either stalling or crashing it outright, especially with multiple downloads. I remember Humble pretty much saying that they shelved it for the time being. It's a shame, because it's what I still use to get my songs/ebooks off of Humble on to my Android phone and tablet.
yyahoo: Do you have the version from Google Play installed? Because they abandoned that one a while back. The new client, while not spectacular in any way, is definitely an improvement. You have to visit the Humble website on your device to get it. If you already have the version from the Humble website, then I don't know of any plans for significant improvements, not that there aren't any coming...
rampancy: Yes, I do, but the problem is that it's utterly horrible at downloading content, with downloads either stalling or crashing it outright, especially with multiple downloads. I remember Humble pretty much saying that they shelved it for the time being. It's a shame, because it's what I still use to get my songs/ebooks off of Humble on to my Android phone and tablet.
Interesting, I've not had those problems with the client since they took it off the Google Play store and put it back only on their website. It was really slow and frequently non-responsive before that though. The new one has worked fine for me. I particularly like that I now have easy access to download soundtracks, audiobooks, ebooks and comics directly to my device through the app. Maybe it performs well for me because I have a high-ish-end phone... I don't know.
rampancy: Yes, I do, but the problem is that it's utterly horrible at downloading content, with downloads either stalling or crashing it outright, especially with multiple downloads. I remember Humble pretty much saying that they shelved it for the time being. It's a shame, because it's what I still use to get my songs/ebooks off of Humble on to my Android phone and tablet.
yyahoo: Interesting, I've not had those problems with the client since they took it off the Google Play store and put it back only on their website. It was really slow and frequently non-responsive before that though. The new one has worked fine for me. I particularly like that I now have easy access to download soundtracks, audiobooks, ebooks and comics directly to my device through the app. Maybe it performs well for me because I have a high-ish-end phone... I don't know.
It's very possible then that what they have on their website is an updated build...I'll redownload it from there and do a reinstall to be sure.
the.kuribo: I bought the bundle for The Last Express. I'm pretty oblivious with respect to Android stuff, can you clue me in to why allowing the app to "find account on device" is frowned upon?
It's frowned upon because data mining is frowned upon. An app with these permissions can find out your Facebook, Humble, Amazon accounts, and it usually has no business doing that. Normally a game likely just wants to know your Facebook for integration, or something like that, but for many people (certainly on the GOG forum), Facebook integration would be considered a negative rather than positive feature.

Similarly, a game can ask for your location and it has no business getting that (it's normally used for statistics). Finding out Wi-Fi information can find out networks around you and information on them, map them, etc.

Most apps don't exploit all that information in malicious ways, but I don't want them to ask for it in the first place, and they don't really need it to work. I personally don't mind games gathering statistics on gameplay and performance, since that can help improve the game, so I don't mind if they ask for an internet connection (as long as they work without one), and there are some other permissions which I feel are fine for a game to ask for, but I don't like permissions whose only purpose is to find out information about things unrelated to the game.