It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In related issues, it seems as if sponsoring sports helps improve the economy, and I'd bet that the "less rules" idea will propagate further out in society, thus raising the civil rights level.

397: 4 - I wonder what happens.
397:1 - Rules are rules ;-)
397:2
397:1 - I'm disappointed that corruption wasn't enough to secure the bid for us :P
397:4 - let's make Calvinball our national sport! :-)
397:4 Sure, why not. Calvonball for the win. Not even sure what this option actually represents nor why it's exclusive from other options.
Another vote for Calvinball.

397: 4
Haha Calvinball is going to win the vote

397:4
397:1
With nearly 70 per cent of voters preferring that sports be about fun rather than rules, we shall follow the idea of Mrs. Levy.
==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Excellent (69)
Economy: Reasonable (32)
Political Freedoms: Superb (76)

The Free Land of Gogan is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with a fair hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 2.971 billion Goganians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Keanesomnia. The average income tax rate is 67%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

The tenet of free speech is held dear, the nation leads The North Pacific in per capita stalking, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, and legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills. Crime is totally unknown. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 3,549th in The North Pacific and 94,544th in the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector, scoring -3 on the Nemo Depletion Efficiency Index.

==== Issues ====
5 days ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
The overview has been updated following the last decisions made.

It's UterUs, not UterYou! (issue 398)
A religious talk show host raised a furor with his call to ban contraception. Women's rights groups have come to you demanding a response.

1. "I'm appalled these religious wackos have the gall to even think about banning birth control," Jazz Longfellow says to you. "These men are trying to control our bodies. They treat us like we're their own personal baby dispensers — not living, thinking humans. It's demeaning! My body, my choice!"

2. "You aren't going to listen to these pagans," scoffs Archbishop Ella Goethe. "Conceiving a child is one of the most enjoyable moments one may ever have in their lives. To deprive yourself of this blessing of God is an abomination! Contraception must be outlawed! It encourages casual sex, and destroys the true meaning of the act. If people are not willing to bear the consequences of their actions, then they should not act at all."

3. "Both sides have rocks in their brains," says proud asexual, Don Dubois. "Why don't we just ban sex altogether, and force people to use artificial insemination? That way, we can preview everyone who signs up to have kids, and if we don't like it, tough beans for them. The police may have to work harder to catch those who 'overlook' this measure, but if that's the price we have to pay for ending this inane argument once and for all, it'll be well worth it."

==== Public announcement ====
An issue we haven't seen before? Not very often that happens.

398: 1
Yay, a new issue!

398:1 - although 3 is tempting ;)