It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

390:5 - it's a bit extreme to force people to move, but mixing the different cultures and prevent ghettoisation is a good idea in principle.
390:5 may seem cruel but it prevents long term problems.
For my taste there would be needed a compromise out of the points 1-5. No voting from me for #390.
Post edited July 22, 2014 by gamefood
With the two most popular options - leaving immigrants alone, and forcing them to assimilate - getting an equal amount of votes, I'm afraid we cannot come to a decision today, the issue is dismissed.
==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Very Good (68)
Economy: Fair (29)
Political Freedoms: Superb (76)

The Free Land of Gogan is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, intelligent population of 2.745 billion Goganians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Keanesomnia. The average income tax rate is 67%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

All guns must be registered, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Gogan's radio stations, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is totally unknown. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 816th in The North Pacific and 25,941st in the world for Longest Average Lifespans, scoring 18 on the Enoch Index.

==== Issues ====
3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
2 days 19 hours ago: Gogan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
The overview has been updated following the last decisions made.

Licence To Breed? (issue 391) (#164)
Increasing reports of child abuse and neglect in Gogan has prompted local pressure groups to call for 'parental licences'.

1. "You need a licence to keep Goglodytes or drive a car," points out local current affairs commentator, Margaret Zhu. "So why should just any random idiot get to be a mother or father? It just doesn't make sense! If all potential parents had to pass tests to prove they're responsible enough, I'm sure you'd find that it would help decrease the level of child abuse, and increase proper discipline in the home."

2. "This is madness!" screams Louis Patel. "You can't deny perfectly good people the right to bring life into this world! Goglodytes manage it easily enough, and you can't tell me they've got more responsibility than your average upstanding citizen of Gogan! The government should keep out of such matters - I've always said social workers and welfare was a drain on the budget. Yes, there will be some sad cases of neglect, but shouldn't we be giving parents the benefit of the doubt?"

3. "The answer to this problem is patently obvious," says Al Hanover, your minister of Social Welfare. "The government simply needs to give more funding to the welfare department so that we can recruit more social workers to carry out regular checks on parents and judge whether or not they're doing a good job of looking after their children. It'll be expensive, but at least it's a damn sight fairer than licensing parents."

==== Public announcement ====
391:2
391: 3
391:2
391:3
Hard to say. I would like better state-run "Planned Parenthood Programs" and not just "Kickstarter the welfare department"-- this might be between 391:3 and 391:1, but it is far away from 391:2 (where NO safety net is available).

By and by, how are the scores for Civil Rights, Economy an Political Freedoms calculated?
391:1 - This is so wrong, so why does it feel so right? :P
391:1 - let's see what happens. :-)
391:1 I want to see what happens too