It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Excellent (69) [+1]
Economy: Fair (29)
Political Freedoms: Superb (76)

The Free Land of Gogan is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, intelligent population of 2.833 billion Goganians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Keanesomnia. The average income tax rate is 66%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Gogan's radio stations, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and the nation leads The North Pacific in per capita stalking. Crime is totally unknown. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 3,532nd in The North Pacific and 97,350th in the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector, scoring -3 on the Hickory Productivity Index.

==== Issues ====
5 days ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, the nation leads The North Pacific in per capita stalking.
5 days ago: Gogan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
5 days ago: Gogan fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
1 day 10 hours ago: Gogan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
The overview has been updated following the last decisions made.

Truancy On The Rise (issue 394) (#160)
Parents and teachers alike have expressed concern to the Gogan Board of Education that truancy in schools is reaching alarmingly high levels, claiming that it's to blame for rising vandalism rates.

1. "The truancy situation is just getting worse and worse," says Jamil Fellow, the chair of a local PTA group. "We've got children in our schools who turn up for maybe a couple of classes a week. It's getting ridiculous! They can't learn if they don't turn up. The government must introduce some sort of special truancy patrol in the police force. Controlled by us, of course."

2. "WHAT KIND OF WORTHLESS IDEA IS THAT?!" bellows General Colleen Bush, the Head of the Gogan Military Academy, while turning a brilliant beetroot-red. "What these troublesome brats need is a good term in military school. I'll straighten 'em up, alright. NOW DROP AND GIVE ME FIFTY!"

3. "I really don't see what the problem is," says student Faith Sato, smoking an odd smelling substance. "I mean, so what if I only go to school three to four days a month? It means I'm able to work full-time, which probably benefits the economy or... yeah, something like that. The government should just back off, man."

==== Public announcement ====
How about making the parents responsible for their kids to attend school? And only intervene in some problematic cases where it still doesn't work. Probably a too obvious solution...
394:dismiss
394:2 - Every problem can be resolved by shouting :P
No solution presented that would be worth a vote, DISMISS
Post edited August 09, 2014 by trentonlf
394:3 - and make the students repeat their grade (no graduation) if they don't learn the info because of missing too much school.
394: dismiss - I would also like to make the parents take responsibility for their children. But since that option isn't there and the others all suck, let's pretend this problem never existed. :-)
394:1
(btw what means 'PTA'? Somewhat with 'parents' and/or 'teachers' ?)
394:3 Best answer of the three and essentially similar to dismissal
gamefood: 394:1
(btw what means 'PTA'? Somewhat with 'parents' and/or 'teachers' ?)
PTA is Parent Teacher Association
With half the voters opting to dismiss the issue, the issue is dismissed.
==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Excellent (69)
Economy: Reasonable (32) [+3]
Political Freedoms: Superb (76)

The Free Land of Gogan is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with a fair hand, and renowned for its ban on automobiles. The compassionate, intelligent population of 2.871 billion Goganians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Keanesomnia. The average income tax rate is 66%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

The nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, the tenet of free speech is held dear, the nation leads The North Pacific in per capita stalking, and urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines. Crime is totally unknown. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 241st in The North Pacific and 9,198th in the world for Smartest Citizens, scoring 26 on the Average Edu-tellignce® Test Score.

==== Issues ====
6 days ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines.
The overview has been updated following the last decisions made.

Organic Outburst (issue 395) (#90)
After a recent left-wing broadsheet exposé of agricultural practices, an outburst of public paranoia has stirred up the organic foods debate.

1. "I just can't stomach it any more," rants concerned parent Mark Laine. "My children's future is being put at risk by irresponsible corporate practices. We must outlaw the use of pesticides and additives by farmers and food producers."

2. "I've heard enough of this treehugging, lefty nonsense," argues corporate spokesperson George W. Cheap. "The agricultural industry needs to use the most advanced technology available, it's the only way to keep Gogan competitive in food production. Besides, the studies we have commissioned prove that only a very small number of child deaths are due to our products, and surely that's an acceptable rate in the name of progress?"

3. "Stop torturing Mother Earth!" yells outraged environmental extremist Roxanne Wu. "Are we prepared to sacrifice our planet and our souls for the sake of a few extra Gogs? If we hope to live in harmony with the environment that nurtures and protects us, we must ban all industries that pollute our world. Let us return to the trees, my brothers!"

==== Public announcement ====
395:1 - I respect Mister Cheap's point of view, but we must focus on the health of our citizens above everything else. We can progress in other ways than risking the future of our beloved Gogan countrymen.
395:2 - organic food is no more healthy or unhealthy than non-organic food
395:1 - All a bit extreme again.