It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You sure that was the old man talking, perhaps it was the tree behind him?

The tree have spoken, option t(h)ree it is.

Despite three people hoping otherwise, three times three voted for option three.

The three is strong with this one.
==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Excellent (70)
Economy: Reasonable (34)
Political Freedoms: Excellent (72)

The Free Land of Gogan is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.201 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 61%, and even higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.

Contrails and thunderous rumbles have returned to the skies above, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime is totally unknown. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 4,625th in The North Pacific and 107,011th in the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry, scoring -3 on the Tasmanian Pulp Environmental Export Index.

==== Issues ====
No changes in the overview (except the daily ranking line, population count and inherent randomness of statements), due to dismissing the issue last time.

Police Consider "Big Brother" Anti-Crime System (issue 334) (#21)
The Police department is considering installing surveillance cameras in all major public areas, in an effort to crack down on crime.

1. "This is a blatant invasion of the right to privacy!" says libertarian web site operator Falala Cho. "Now I can't even go out in public any more without being watched? And you know this is just the beginning. Today there are cameras in city streets. Tomorrow they're peering through your bedroom window."

2. "Hey, I've got news for you," says Police media liaison Samuel Dovey. "When you're out in public, PEOPLE CAN SEE YOU. These cameras will be extremely helpful in reducing the national crime rate. Frankly, I can't see what the fuss is about."

3. "This 'slippery slope' argument has got me thinking," says Police Minister Erica Summers. "You know, it would be a lot easier to fight crime if we watched people all the time. Not with cameras, of course. That's clearly an invasion of privacy. But how about a national database of our citizens, coupled with compulsory ID cards and barcoding? It would stop crime dead in its tracks."

==== Public announcement ====
334:1 Just so police can give out tickets for jaywalking if caught on camera. Would say cars through traffic lights a half second late but Gogan has no cars. No thanks!
334:1

I'm as anti-Orwellian as they come.

(I meant anti-Orwellian dystopias, as I'm very much pro-Orwell.)
Post edited April 24, 2014 by groze
334: 1
334: 1
334:1 - Human nature being what it is, if cameras were present the camera operators will invariably overstep their stated boundaries.
334:2

Is it just me or does this kinda stuff exist in allot of country's and is helping society allot?

MGT: Crime is totally unknown.
I question the motives behind the installation of these cameras, and thus must vote 334:1
Post edited April 25, 2014 by SpellSword
MGT: Crime is totally unknown.
No wonder, considering the lack of cameras.

334:2
Post edited April 25, 2014 by Mrstarker