It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

230:1 - Let adult Gogans smoke what they want. I don't care.
Post edited October 31, 2013 by DeMignon
230:2
230:3 Let's tax all drugs!
Yet again I'd choose a mix of two answers. <sigh> I guess dancing badgers are more interesting than educating youngsters.
230:1
Dzsono: 230:3 Let's tax all drugs!
230 :3 Now youre talking!
230:1 people should be free to ruin their lives as much as they want.
Well, there would be less spying by big brother if gog ran a nation.
Also, there would be less need of lawyers.
There would be less complex laws, no use of confusing words or phrases, only specifics.
Only bad point I see if gog runs a nation, is they have zero moderation, just look at these forums :P
Due to very equal voting, we cannot make a decision in this issue, the issue is dismissed until further notice (that is, when/if it appears again).
==== Overview ====
Civil Rights: Good (60)
Economy: Reasonable (34)
Political Freedoms: Very Good (66)

The Free Land of Gogan is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Doctor Marcin with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 1.152 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 58%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.

Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, senior citizens can usually be found doing heavy manual labour, military spending is on the increase, and Gogan's soft-touch approach to diplomacy has made it known as the 'push-over' of the region. Crime is totally unknown. Gogan's national animal is the Goglodyte, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Gog.

Gogan is ranked 2,706th in The North Pacific and 67,198th in the world for Most Authoritarian, with 0.227 Stalins.

==== Issues ====
20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Gogan, Gogan's soft-touch approach to diplomacy has made it known as the 'push-over' of the region.
The overview has been updated following the last decisions made.

Too Little Talk? (issue 231)
Opposition newspapers have accused the government of abusing its control over the filibuster ban, which it can use to limit the length of legislative debate. You have consulted multiple people in search of solutions.

1: "Now, now, my friend," smiles the wealthiest CEO in the Pizza Delivery industry, reclining in a shady corner, "We simply can't have a few radicals dictate government policy to us. After all, we do know what's best, don't we? First it's this reform, next it's a slew of unproductive economic policies, and then before you know it they're limiting campaign donations. You can see that some issues have no merit, and are simply not worthy of debate. Perhaps we should even halt the debate before such silliness even begins...?" The CEO hands you a wad of Gogs. "You agree. Now there's a good leader."

2: "I think we can all see the benefits of the filibuster ban," says political science professor, Bruce McGuffin. "But it's also true that putting it in the hands of the reigning party coalition is a dangerous centralisation of power. Why not simply have an independent, representative committee to decide what issues are worthy of a lengthy debate? It might be a tad erratic in its priorities, but at least it would give the power back to the people. That's a good thing, right?"

3: "The government, all the way up to Doctor Marcin, has used this ban as a way to control parliament," declares Opposition Whip Ethel Shiomi, speaking from the Floor, "They're perfectly happy to let debates about the most inconsequential of matters rage on for hours, but when it comes to a serious discussion of Doctor Marcin's murky ties to prominent members of the Pizza Delivery industry or policies genuinely aimed at helping the general public, rather than a select few, the debate comes to a quick close. We must overturn the filibuster ban, post-haste. And I think it is clear to all who suffer from this. That's right, my friends, ladies and gentlemen, casual onlookers, convenient family members, cultural attachés, politically active tourists and constituents, both loyal and traitorous to the greater cause; the people. The people suffer the injustices of a government pandering to its corporate cronies, its oligarchic overlords, its necessary nepotists, if you will. They suffer the delirious - ah - deleterious effects of a government sans filibuster, sans fairness, sans freedom! This ridiculous policy ignores the fact that some things require longer and more serious deliberation - as does, indeed, this very issue. But I am diverging from my abundantly clear point, supported by the voices of a thousand-song crowd outside this very building. And while we might quibble over the numbers - a thousand, I hear you cry? Tens - hundreds! - of thousands, surely? But this ignores the fundamental spirit of the times - zeitgeist, if you will - that we stand against this filibuster ban clearly and unwaveringly. Anyway, a discussion of the genuinely humanitarian policies my party espouses, which require a debate of adequate length for the complexities of which to be fully understood, are quickly relegated as the government trots out its latest quick-fix or vote-snatching policy. Now, to move onto my second point of four-hundred-and-thirty-eight of my first speech - I will, of course, pass over to my comrade on the bench in due course." The security guards by the door notice your discreet signal and step quietly towards the Whip's podium. "Perhaps we should investigate further... excuse me...?" stammers the Whip, as your guards gingerly carry him away. "Ah... yes, thank you for your time."

==== Public announcement ====
231:3 - I give in to Ethel Shiomi, if only she stops talking!
231:2 An easily manipulated committee, anyone? Let's control the democracy ;)
231:1 -- Can we perhaps get the pizza industry going again?
231:2