It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Buenro-games: No problems, outside of a few easy adjustments. Don't know if that qualifies.
tfishell: How many games do you own?
From GOG around 120 or so, but have installed a few dozen only. Most of the ones I have played, I had played/owned previously so I knew if it had issues already.
tfishell: How many games do you own?
Buenro-games: From GOG around 120 or so, but have installed a few dozen only. Most of the ones I have played, I had played/owned previously so I knew if it had issues already.
Oh okay, very nice!
I felt a bump after a month might be a good idea. (like to keep documenting people's experiences)
Out of the ~150 that I played, I had to look in the support forum for less than a handful.

I gave up on only 1.

Could probably have worked something out if I had been more stubborn, but it's one game.
Post edited August 19, 2013 by Magnitus
I own.. nearly 120 games on GOG, but haven't installed that many of them (probably around 20 - 30 in total)

I can only remember 2 cases where some "tweaking" was neccessary.
Dungeon Keeper 2 had a minor graphical issue, resetting the video settings fixed this.
Tropico 3 Gold refused to start, for having not detected a DX9 graphics card. Deleting the config-file was all it took to let it start. (But sadly my card is to slow for the game to be playable)

And i think the mac-version of Freespace 1 had some issues. I can't really remember what they were or how i fixed them, but i think it was nothing game-breaking (more like some small graphical glitches)

All in all, GOG provides great service in allowing me to run old dos-games. (I still remember the length of hours i spent years ago trying to get Wing Commander: Privateer working on my old Win2k machine)
Of the games I own and have played, these are games I had problems with straight out of the box of the GOG installers. By problems I mean things effecting the playability of the game in some way or things that are what I call "so annoying I don't want to deal with it".

Heroes of Might & Magic III
Might & Magic VI
Die By The Sword
King's Quest IV
Lords Of Magic Special Edition
Outcast
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
The Last Express
Empire Earth III
Age of Wonders games
Neverwinter Nights Diamond

This isn't including games like Fallout, Fallout 2, Planescape Torment, etc. which while playable straight out of the box, have many problems and bugs fixed by unofficial patches that aren't in the GOG installers when IMO, they should be.

As a matter of fact Fallout 2 is a game I would never recommend playing without unofficial patches, so I'm almost inclined to include it in the list. Fallout 1 too maybe cus both Fallout 1 & 2 need the No Children patch fixes at least.
Post edited August 19, 2013 by thelovebat
Rayman 2 crashed on me every time on my NVidia PC! (I recall it running fine on my ATI/AMD laptop.)

But fortunately I found a fix on the Rayman sub forum on GOG:

1. Install nGlide (if you haven't already).

2. Move some glide dll file or sumthing from one Rayman 2 directory to another.

3. Run the executable from Rayman 2 game directory to set up it to use 3Dfx Glide graphics instead of Direct3D.

Instant success! I think GOG should change their Rayman 2 game to include nGlide, and always use 3Dfx Glide graphics.
Not a very large sample size, but so far 10/10 games have worked without a hitch.
Bloodygoodgames:
How did you get Soulbringer to work? O_O

Two different computers and it's been impossible to get it to run. Support has mentioned that I try to get the game to run off of an earlier version of AMD drivers (the brand of video card being the common thread between the computers), but I have yet to try that.

Edit: To be topical, the grand majority work just fine, but I always hunt around the forums a bit before running them to see if there is anything that I'm missing.
Post edited August 22, 2013 by ShadowWulfe
Bloodygoodgames:
ShadowWulfe: How did you get Soulbringer to work? O_O

Two different computers and it's been impossible to get it to run. Support has mentioned that I try to get the game to run off of an earlier version of AMD drivers (the brand of video card being the common thread between the computers), but I have yet to try that.

Edit: To be topical, the grand majority work just fine, but I always hunt around the forums a bit before running them to see if there is anything that I'm missing.
Sorry, I honestly can't remember but I do remember I had to fiddle around with screen resolutions as, otherwise, gameplay was in a miniscule box in the middle of my screen.

I'd guess maybe I activated it first as 'Administrator' and then kept testing different screen resolutions until something worked. Sorry, wish I could remember more. But....I do remember I hated the game :) I played it for about 8 hours and deleted it from my hard drive. A LOT of walking around and not much going on, or really viscious battles that seemed impossible to win because my character hadn't had an opportunity to get much stronger. One of the most disappointing games I've ever bought on GOG actually.
So far, I've only had problems with one game 'out of the box', and I was able to fix that with only a little work. Otherwise, GOG games have been swift, easily worked downloads of awesome.
I had graphical glitches with several, but i think it's because I moved to windows 7 and i installed from old backup DVD's. I'm pretty sure GOG updated many of their installers to be compatible with W7, so now, whenever i want to play a game, i just redownload them again. Doing all those backups again is not something I'm looking forward to.
Bloodygoodgames:
Nothing a good jostling around with CheatEngine couldn't fix.

This resolution suggestion of yours has merit, I was able to get to the pre-game menu and choose a resolution, yet the game itself still refuses to run.

Sigh.
Bloodygoodgames:
ShadowWulfe: Nothing a good jostling around with CheatEngine couldn't fix.

This resolution suggestion of yours has merit, I was able to get to the pre-game menu and choose a resolution, yet the game itself still refuses to run.

Sigh.
Did you try different compatability modes PLUS different resolutions?

ie: run it as compatible for Win 95 and then try each resolution. If none of them work, switch to compatible for Win 98 and then try each resolution. Then Win XP and try each resolution etc.

It's a pain in the ass, but I have a feeling one of those worked for me. REALLY sorry I can't remember :(
Narakir: I'd problems with Messiah and the Guild, the 1st one I don't even think it works on win7 (a shame realy), the guild was eventually fixed.
I got it running on Win 7 with nGlide, after hunting down the 3dfx executable which isn't included in the package...
tfishell: I felt a bump after a month might be a good idea. (like to keep documenting people's experiences)
Maybe you should edit the first post in the thread to include a list of games with reported issues?
Post edited August 25, 2013 by Fever_Discordia