It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Narakir: I'd problems with Messiah and the Guild, the 1st one I don't even think it works on win7 (a shame realy)
Uh huh, game card says it won't run on anything past Vista, same with Interstate 76 and a small handful of others, possibly. Can't blame GOG if someone complains about not being able to run it on a system that isn't supported. (I do think that compatibility notices should be bigger, however, instead of down below with the system requirements.)
Post edited June 04, 2013 by tfishell
The only game I haven't been able to work right out of the box (Still have yet to get it to work) is interstate 76
Tuttle757: The only game I haven't been able to work right out of the box (Still have yet to get it to work) is interstate 76
Can you or anyone else confirm that GOG has applied the nGlide wrapper to I'76? (Glide wrapper for 3Dfx) I don't know why it wouldn't automatically be included now, but I'm guessing there are other issues that nGlide wouldn't solve.
Post edited June 04, 2013 by tfishell
20 bought items, two of them are bundles (Master of Orion 1+2 and Wing Commander 1+2 - I don't count expansions as seperate games), makes 22 games. 20 of them worked perfectly out of the box. Wing Commander 1 has some small speed issues, switching from slow over normal to fast game speed, but nothing severe. It was playable.

The only problem I had, was with Thief 1. I didn't want to modify anything that would change gameplay, so I couldn't install Tfix and had to install another patch and run compatibility mode with admin rights. That's all.

GOG is doing a pretty good job :tumbs_up:

edit: typo
Post edited June 04, 2013 by real.geizterfahr
Tuttle757: The only game I haven't been able to work right out of the box (Still have yet to get it to work) is interstate 76
tfishell: Can you or anyone else confirm that GOG has applied the nGlide wrapper to I'76? (Glide wrapper for 3Dfx) I don't know why it wouldn't automatically be included now, but I'm guessing there are other issues that nGlide wouldn't solve.
From what I understand and from what I seen first hand from my attempts to play the game is it's not so much a graphical issue resulting from what render it uses but rather a processor issue. It seems the game glitches out when running on faster processors since it seems to be one of those games that is coded to be tied to the processor so when it runs too fast weird glitches start like AI bugging out and wheels wobbling, at least one mission I know about becomes unwinnable(I believe it's tied to the AI bugging out on faster processors) among other things.
Post edited June 04, 2013 by DCT
tfishell: Can you or anyone else confirm that GOG has applied the nGlide wrapper to I'76? (Glide wrapper for 3Dfx) I don't know why it wouldn't automatically be included now, but I'm guessing there are other issues that nGlide wouldn't solve.
DCT: From what I understand and from what I seen first hand from my attempts to play the game is it's not so much a graphical issue resulting from what render it uses but rather a processor issue. It seems the game glitches out when running on faster processors since it seems to be one of those games that is coded to be tied to the processor so when it runs too fast weird glitches start like AI bugging out and wheels wobbling, at least one mission I know about becomes unwinnable(I believe it's tied to the AI bugging out on faster processors) among other things.
Sounds similar to Streets of Simcity; playing that on my Win XP 64-bit computer has everything go way too fast, and the AI enemies start bouncing all over the place, lol. My understanding is there are programs that can simulate throttling back processor power, though; am I incorrect in that, though? Is there nothing else that GOG can really do on that end?
Out of the 50+ Gog games I've played I had (minor) problems with two:

-Blood: After finishing this game, I found out it was supposed to have cutscenes (they didn't play)
-Some other game in which the gog wrapper worked worse than the original executable. Maybe it was Blood 2, I don't really remember.
DCT: From what I understand and from what I seen first hand from my attempts to play the game is it's not so much a graphical issue resulting from what render it uses but rather a processor issue. It seems the game glitches out when running on faster processors since it seems to be one of those games that is coded to be tied to the processor so when it runs too fast weird glitches start like AI bugging out and wheels wobbling, at least one mission I know about becomes unwinnable(I believe it's tied to the AI bugging out on faster processors) among other things.
tfishell: Sounds similar to Streets of Simcity; playing that on my Win XP 64-bit computer has everything go way too fast, and the AI enemies start bouncing all over the place, lol. My understanding is there are programs that can simulate throttling back processor power, though; am I incorrect in that, though? Is there nothing else that GOG can really do on that end?
yeah there programs that slow down your processor by busying them, there was one in a bundle of fixes that can be found on the Interstate '76 sub forum but it never actually worked for me.
Mivas: BG1 crashed during every third attempt to save -> GOG release desperately needs Tutu patch together with most common modes as bonuses.
That's an interesting point. I installed the BGT as a matter of course and didn't even attempt to run BG1 or BG2 without mods. So that may be why I didn't have issues with BG on my rig.
All but one, but I haven't tried them all. I also have to wonder if that one could be fixed by renaming it to .eXe, to enable hardware acceleration.
Mivas: Namely NWN, BG1, QfG1 VGA and Patrician 3. NWN1 couldn't get over big screen. QfG1 produced an unsurpassable graphical glitch later in the game. BG1 crashed during every third attempt to save -> GOG release desperately needs Tutu patch together with most common modes as bonuses. Patrician 3 failed to be initialized until I ran this registry file.
I played BG1 with just the widescreen and GUI mods and didn't have any issues with it crashing. I didn't ever try it without the mods though. Those were kind of my choice, so I didn't really count them as not working out of the box. I'll have to check it without the widescreen and GUI mods next time to see if the problem comes up.

NWN did not cause me any problems either. This is interesting because the last time I installed it off of CDs (before getting it on GOG) I had to make some changes in the .ini files regarding the number of CPU cores. I did not have to do this with the GOG version.
Bump in case somebody wants to contribute that hasn't seen this thread. Looks like GOG is doing pretty well on this front. :)
Okay make that 1 game out of 175, just tried Severance: Blade of Darkness again and it's running all nice and proper either something was fixed or it was having my own copy of Nglide installed on top of whatever wrapper GOG used screwed something up.
DCT: Okay make that 1 game out of 175, just tried Severance: Blade of Darkness again and it's running all nice and proper either something was fixed or it was having my own copy of Nglide installed on top of whatever wrapper GOG used screwed something up.
Heh, well that's nice! :)
I've had to change settings on every single 320x200 resolution DOSBox game because the screen would go black whenever I'd try full screen mode (monitor does not support 640x400).

But that's still messing "within the box" since the settings are accessible through GOG's own graphics settings utility.