It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oh this is fun. Well, I've had this name since the before time, in the long, long ago when aol and AIM were things people used. I rowed in high school (and later college) hence crew, and I was reading Clockwork Orange and really liked the word droog which meant friend. So there you go. Rowing Friend.
Post edited August 17, 2014 by Crewdroog
It's my real name translated to latin. I first used it in a Play-By-Mail game back in the nineties.
It used to be a unique name, but some years ago a challenger appeared on a Google search; some minister or something from Indonesia or therabouts.
low rated
There are lots of people on GOG from the Czech Republic or otherwise from Slavic backgrounds and this is something I have often been asked and will often be asked again. Keeping my link handy. :)

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/old_game_giveaway/post56
Since I finally decided to go through this thread, might as well bump it in case some new GOGlodytes would like to share their stories. :)
I've used this name on websites since I was about 15. It was my second email address after I decided I wanted something shorter. The numbers at the end don't mean anything, it was a random palindrome, and I love palindromes.
Nora is my name, Mady is a nickname my dad used, but now the whole family is using it.
I simply had no idea xD
Creating my PSN profile, "Geramo" (NPC from Mario Galaxy) came to my mind... but was already taken, so I tried adding a final "s". XD
The beastie that was nearly the end of my half-elf bard in a D&D game. . .it had sharp, pointy teeth and a vicious streak a mile wide!
It's a word from one of my mother tongues (galego).

Aturuxo is the traditional celebration/victory shout in Galicia (in the NW of Spain).
never thought this thread exist, nothing special with my username just random pick/type on keyboard but always end up with numbers 4 & 7 :))
high rated
I was watching a TV show, called Lost. And then a new character appeared, Desmond Hume. I really liked the name Desmond as for me it sounds strong. So I thought "I should base my nickname on that". After many possible variations in my head and typing them in Google Translate (translating from Latin to English), I came up with "Dissimu". It was translated as "conceal", "dissemble". I like stealthy, secret things, so such a nickname was a true masterpiece for me.

I used Dissimu for a long while and I am still using it often. However, a few times someone called me shortly "Diss". I didn't like the sound of it too much, "Dess" sounded better me. Also, as I checked in the translator, the word "Dessimu" meant nothing. That said, I made myself a new, clean nickname with a possibility to make a history about this word. This is how I came up with my nickname.

I really like pirates, stories of treasure hunts and sea battles, mythology about sea monsters and so on. So I decided to associate "Dessimu" with a pirate. I think the name fits. And I love it.
The leader Homunculus from FMA. Exceptional swordsman, special eye, eyepatch accessory, badass figure overall (especially in brotherhood). Also, despite being an artificially created being, he had human feelings and pleasant side, too. I especially liked his figure and his similarities with other persons, living or dead, that are purely coincidental. A true leader! And number 7 is my lucky one! As well as the homunculli in FMA.
Back in the 80's, I was registered to some BBS's (precursors of the Internet), and I used "Slaughter" as my alias (user name) for all of them. I ended up being the cosysop of 2 BBS's.

When I registered to the first BBS, I only had a minute or two to choose an alias before getting logged out. I had no idea in mind, until I saw on my desk a very nice drawing made by a friend, who used "Slaughter" as his signature. That's the only word I saw and that's the name I chose that day. Still, I don't know why I chose it, because I don't like that heavy metal band. I was a teenager at that time.

I decided to shorten the name to "Slaugh" when I started using the Internet, to limit the spam and remain anonymous online...

Want to see a BBS in action?

Borderline BBS tour - a real Commodore 64 dial-up BBS!
It comes from the name of a critically endangered species which lives in the Iberian Peninsula, the Lynx Pardinus. I'm from Portugal (which is part of the Iberian Peninsula) so you can figure out the rest. :)