It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirPrimalform: I got flashbacks of Arstotzkan Bootcamp day 1 there at the deadline, although some of that might be because ZFR modded that too.

Well I suppose we at least have one question answered: Hufflepuff (and one would assume Ravenclaw by extension) aren't third party so we can stop wasting time on that.

The investigation announcement is curious, I'm guessing an Epic modifier is in play. Did Brian Blessed ever play a character in a HP?
For shame. The one person I had nearly locked as town is gone. Of course, my sayng this now doesn't matter, but I was hoping someone less townie would be NKd.

I wasn't there, so thanks for that flavor.

Yes, it is good to know this.

WHAT?? Where do you get the bit about Brian Blessed? Also, no, I don't think so.

@everyone for those who don't know what an "epic role" is, please check out this post for a list of common roles & modifiers, as sometimes used in GOG's Forum Mafia games.
Qualifier:
Epic (... alerts everybody that they're using their power.)
RWarehall: I have you as Town because I can't see any way someone who is scum would go to all of effort to notice what you did, let alone create a conspiracy theory about it. I don't believe your conspiracy theory, but the effort is Town.

You will never see 3 Scum group up on the same wagon in games like these. They will distance from each other...
Nice post. Thanks for the info on how you have FlakeSnow leaning :)

Where is your BAH post?

Note that Cop doesn't have to be town, though the flavour makes it very unlikely this cop is scum.
Microfish_1: For shame. The one person I had nearly locked as town is gone. Of course, my sayng this now doesn't matter, but I was hoping someone less townie would be NKd.

@everyone for those who don't know what an "epic role" is, please check out this post for a list of common roles & modifiers, as sometimes used in GOG's Forum Mafia games.

Qualifier:
Epic (... alerts everybody that they're using their power.)
Microfish_1: Note that Cop doesn't have to be town, though the flavour makes it very unlikely this cop is scum.
Thanks for the link and the quote. Helpful, as always.

It does not make sense that scum has Cop powers, unless it is a name cop, don't you think? Finding the rare Neutral is not that useful for them.

Had him as Town, too... Possibly, he did use his spell and took a bullet for someone else.
Microfish_1: @everyone for those who don't know what an "epic role" is, please check out this post for a list of common roles & modifiers, as sometimes used in GOG's Forum Mafia games.
Well. I think, if this is indeed an Epic role, it might be the second time the Epic qualifier has been used anywhere ever, but yeah.

---

When I was provoking pooka at the end of the Day yesterDay, I was thinking a town-pooka reaction would be more like being victimised or treated unfairly. So when I was asking pooka 'how do you feel?' I was hoping for an answer like 'betrayed!' or ':('
So pooka coming back to that question with neat argument for why microfish must be scum seems to me like scum-pooka.

Does anyone know what I mean?

Pooka, have I got it all wrong?
Note to all reading this......these posts were made during night phase(edited, replied to, and saved for posting on "day" 2), and replied to in order of posting....so some things might change about my stances on things as I read/reply & those I reply to may/may not be here(if someone gets/got NKd)....that said:
=======================================================================

agentcarr16: Dammit, we're not getting a lynch are we. Guess we get to prove to our no-lynch party just why it does literally nothing for Town.
If you(In whole or in part) meant me with this: I had a feeling this would be the case when I first no lynch voted on "day" 1. I wanted to get one of my top suspects lynched as well, but felt it wasn't going to happen with all the fractured voting......sadly I was right.
========================================================================

joppo: GameRager: Feels a bit off, but he's really hard to read. No surprise he was regularly lynched every game. I suspect him somewhat but lots of small things he does that would be picked as scummy if done by anyone else just look normal due to his playstyle. Lost a lot of townpoints due to going Nolynch early, recovered a few after changing stances today.
Yeah, I somewhat stubbornly stick to my play style(for various reasons) like scene with his meta in the recent SH game and Lift with his bit of LAL stance earlier...it often does me few favors, but it helpes me enjoy the game and play as I see fit, so I get a bit of good and bad with it.

joppo: Joppo: Top tier AAA townie of course, 10/10 would unvote again (if I had voted and unvoted myself).
Lol, made me chuckle a bit IRL....also thanks for the reads list, as it is always helpful to have more insight when trying to find scum.

Carradice: Also, not happy at all with having a true name already revealed.
It was likely going to happen on "day" 1 anyways....someone would be pushed close to lynch and then likely claim at some point because of that....as such I just take some sort of claim as a given on many "days" of mafia games.

Carradice: About the third party mentioned, that does not fit well with Hogwarts at all.
It does if we include the entire HP "world"/"verse" and all it's groups and factions as possible things OP could've added into the game.

yogsloth: Just got here skimmed

lol @ chinese fire drills
Had to re-look up that term.....and yeah, I agree, chaotic is very apropos to describe the posting/actions here for several pages(up till this post you made for certain, and possibly even after[still reading]).

PookaMustard: Saltiness aside, I'd say the same argument applies for people queuing up to lynch GameRager. I'm also not sure how being super reasonable is grounds for being scummy?
I think it was just one person(as of this post you made here), and tbh i'm shocked it isn't more given how I play....the "vets" all have a few seemingly universal stances and I don't always agree with them for my own reasons/how I like to play, and newcomers would likely see my play as scummy due to those same "vets"/others giving them pointers(or from them reading the various mafia wikis/etc), so I get why i'd likely be seen as scummy by some.

PookaMustard: OK now. VOTE PEOPLE!!!

We're gonna end up with a no-lynch at this rate!!
I kinda figured we might......imo at this point I feel a skillful(or lucky) scum/scum team likely helped nudge us into just enough chaos to keep our votes split apart so none of them might get voted on "day" 1, which was likely also helped by a bunch of newcomers in the new game whose votes were likely easier for them to manipulate.

PookaMustard: Post 540: to the GameRager bit: Why is it Pooka this time rather than GameRager? Is it because Lady Luck decided it would be my turn or something? After all, the GameRager queues did not happen either.
Maybe it's due to "vets" recognizing my pay style is NAI so they held back a bit this time, or maybe it's due to newcomers not knowing which way to go with me(vote or not), or maybe I got lucky....heck it's likely a mixture of all 3.

PookaMustard: Vote someone to hammer. I don't care who!
This post/reply makes me lean you a bit more town....not many scum would have done this, I think.

ZFR: Tick tock.

8 mins left.
This post gave me PeterPan vibes, for some reason. o.0 ;)

Also damn it man, don't you sleep?

(I only say the above line cuz I worry when people don't get enough sleep/etc...especially our kind and benevolent OPs. :))
=========================================================================

SirPrimalform: It's down to no-lynch or Micro, which do you prefer?
The fact that Flocke/Rwarehall/others let this get to nolynch(especially after some of them pushed a few times for a lynch....ANY lynch....while saying nolynch on D1 was bad) makes me have pause and wonder a bit.
=========================================================================

*Caught up till the end of the first day/Post 578....all post replies added after this will be from "day" 2 and after we get the night's results in from OP*

ZFR: RWarehall is dead. He was Cedric Diggory (Hufflepuff) Townie Macho Compulsive Bodyguard.
Dammit....they got our bodyguard....damn damn damn.

Thankfully though, it seems we do have a cop/etc on the team.....hmm, I wonder who they investigated and what the results were(hopefully they will let us know somehow if need be).

Also HOW did they find one of our PRs? Luck, or do they(scum teams in general) have a way to find PRs in some games?

(If anyone more knowledgeable in the game could help me on the second question it'd be appreciated)
==========================================================================

*More posts in a bit....gotta make room for the next post via waiting for a new post to become available(either via the Tenus Minitus Limitus Spell or Via the Fellow Playerus Bumpus Charm)*
Carradice: Also, if you wish to comment on who Brian is and what he did...?
Microfish_1: WHAT?? Where do you get the bit about Brian Blessed? Also, no, I don't think so.
Just a joke. If Brian Blessed had been in any of the films, surely his character would have the Epic modifier.

(To the uninitiated, Brian Blessed is an actor who is incredibly loud in almost everything he does.)
Here are the D1 wagons at their longest. First wagon is the earliest and last the latest. Several wagons may repeat, depending on if they lost traction at one point then came back. I'm basing these findings off ZFR's vote counts for ease.

Most successful wagons of previous Day:
agent 6 - RWarehall, Lift, SirPrimalform, Joe, Micro, GameRaget
Pooka 4 - Micro, FlockeShnee, Joe, RWarehall
Microfish 7 - trent, Pooka, yogsloth, ConsulCaesar, SirPrimalform. agent, Joe

Thankfully enough, RWarehall's flip makes solving those wagons a touch easier. If you remove him from the wagons, you get:
agent 6 - Lift, SirPrimalform, Joe, Micro, GameRaget
Pooka 4 - Micro, FlockeShnee, Joe

I'm worried about Joe. On closer inspection, he joined the Microfish wagon when it became the most prominent (likely because I nagged everyone to death about voting), and right before that, he joined my wagon on LAMIST-based suspicion, but I have a nagging feeling his vote on Agent was opportunistic. The post I linked is where he voted him and stayed on him until my wagon came up, quoted SirP who himself quoted Joe saying that he'd vote Agent to avoid no-lynch because he looked more annoying by the minute. SirP tells him that if he was voting based on annoyance rather than scumminess, that made more sense. Then Joe votes Agent again anyway, after noting that Trent wasn't getting lynched.

I'm not feeling like checking on SirP who also comes to mind, but from where I look, Micro's votes don't seem as bad as Joe's. I should also check out what Micro said and did and get a better idea of who he is, now that there is the time.

A side note...an Epic Cop...that certainly isn't a run of the mill role, huh. That, with RWarehall's flip, makes me think this game is probably Role Madness.
ConsulCaesar: @agent: did you neighborized someone during the night?
I also wonder this.....also I can state right now it sadly wasn't me, in case anyone is curious.....hopefully, though, it was a fellow town(so they can Team up Right away & hunt Until they find Scum & help Take us to a win.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
=====================================
-----------------------------------------------------------------

yogsloth: OK, so, welcome to Day 1 all over again, minus a Townie.

@RWarehall, congrats on probably making a save! Hope it was on a better role than yours lol
So does a bodyguard need to die each time they use their PR successfully(is that the way that PR works in this case?), or did a scum just get lucky? What do you think?

Any info/reply to the above would be appreciated.

yogsloth: I'll wait to see if anything interesting happens, and then we can just start in the same damn place we were before.
Dohoho....though to be fair, many had a chance to push a lynch the previous "day", but many didn't, including FlockSchnee.....who was on at the right time to hammer a lynch and chose not to. Is is the sign of a hesitant newbie or a scum tell....who knows.

To all: What does everyone think of the above musing on Flocke and his hesitation to lynch "yesterday"?
(To OP: The above line is not a vote)
=======================================

PookaMustard: RW refusing to lynch the previous Day looked suspect, but we know he's not scum now.

I'll get wagon information after I get better. Having a nice doze of stomachache.
Same question to you as to Yog just now: What about Flocke refusing to hammer "yesterday"? What are your thoughts on that?

Also sorry to hear you're not feeling well....I hope you feel better in time. :)
PookaMustard: Most successful wagons of previous Day:
agent 6 - RWarehall, Lift, SirPrimalform, Joe, Micro, GameRaget
Pooka 4 - Micro, FlockeShnee, Joe, RWarehall

Thankfully enough, RWarehall's flip makes solving those wagons a touch easier. If you remove him from the wagons, you get:
agent 6 - Lift, SirPrimalform, Joe, Micro, GameRaget
Pooka 4 - Micro, FlockeShnee, Joe
Question, who is this GameRageT person? o.0 ;)

(I am guessing typo?)

PookaMustard: That, with RWarehall's flip, makes me think this game is probably Role Madness.
Role madness?
===============================================================
Done for now......
GameRager: So does a bodyguard need to die each time they use their PR successfully(is that the way that PR works in this case?), or did a scum just get lucky? What do you think?
Yes, that's how bodyguard works. They protect a player, and if that player eats a kill order, the bodyguard dies instead.

It's a pretty lame role tbh, in that it's rarely useful until really late game if a key town power role has claimed. It's also usually used *in place of* a Town Doctor, which is double lame-sauce if that's the case here.

As to whether RW made a save or not, menh, who cares, and it's probably utterly useless to speculate. I like to think he did, just to bestow extra glory on him in Valhalla... unless he made the save on a vanilla townie lol
yogsloth: Yes, that's how bodyguard works. They protect a player, and if that player eats a kill order, the bodyguard dies instead.

It's a pretty lame role tbh, in that it's rarely useful until really late game if a key town power role has claimed. It's also usually used *in place of* a Town Doctor, which is double lame-sauce if that's the case here.
Well maybe Rwarehall protected Agent(due to his claim) or maybe he ferreted out who another PR might be and protected them Instead. :|

yogsloth: As to whether RW made a save or not, menh, who cares, and it's probably utterly useless to speculate. I like to think he did, just to bestow extra glory on him in Valhalla... unless he made the save on a vanilla townie lol
I am guessing he did....I think it's more likely than the scum team randomly hitting a town PR, anyways.
GameRager: To all: What does everyone think of the above musing on Flocke and his hesitation to lynch "yesterday"?
I sandbagged posting this, kind of wanted Flocke to post first, but I’m too anxious lol:

Flocke definitely was right there, able to hammer, online during the last few minutes, and didn’t.

Here’s what he had to say as deadline approached:

FlockeSchnee: So, even though from what little I think I understand about how Mafia games work (or are supposed to work) my top picks to see if they flip scum are Lithrasil and Mircofish_1, whom I would really like to lynch to see what they flip for real and be done with it are Pooka and trentonlf, preverably in that order and then maybe yogsloth.

unvotus Lifthrasil
votus Microfish
This is his *very next post*:

FlockeSchnee: Since everyone already thinks I'm nuts, I put my vote where my mind is at.

I suspect Pooka, trentonlf and yogsloth (maybe GameRager too; even though four seems a little much scum).
Lifthrasil, agentcarr16, Microfish_1 and ConsulCaesar seem to have provided good distraction, doesn't mean they have to be town though. agentcarr16 looks town to me, but I can never be certain. I really wish I knew how many dots to look for. :-/

Unvotus Microfish_1.
Votus Pooka.
Can anybody actually explain a coherent, Town-thinking narrative between these two posts? His top picks to flip scum are lift and microfish, votes microfish, and in his very next post votes for pooka.

People, that’s not how Townies think. That’s not how Townies act. Even newer players. Townies, when finally moved to name a top suspect and place a vote, require some kind of development to change that opinion. (In fact, as Town, many of us have a tendency to “bite down” on a suspect and refuse to change even when there *is* evidence we should!) Flocke shifted his vote *away* from one of his top two picks… not to the other pick… but to the counter-wagon to his stated top pick.

Then, with his “top pick” awaiting hammer, he refuses, even though he’s online at that moment.

So let’s take a look at something… RW’s death actually gives us a great glimpse at the wagons:

ZFR: Please stop posting here.

Final Vote Count

Pooka 3 - Micro, FlockeShnee, RWarehall
ConsulCaesar 2 - joppo, Lift
GameRager 1 - Carradice

Everyone else - 0
Not voting - Game Rager
If microfish is scum, I won’t believe any of his buddies were on that wagon… which means, assuming three mafia, his partners have to be exactly 2/4 of Flocke, joppo, Lift, and Carradice

Lookie at that
yogsloth: I sandbagged posting this, kind of wanted Flocke to post first, but I’m too anxious lol:
Eh, it's for the best....if you'd have waited we'd likely be waiting an IRL day or more for him to even post here. :D

yogsloth: Flocke definitely was right there, able to hammer, online during the last few minutes, and didn’t.

His top picks to flip scum are lift and microfish, votes microfish, and in his very next post votes for pooka.

People, that’s not how Townies think. That’s not how Townies act. Even newer players. Townies, when finally moved to name a top suspect and place a vote, require some kind of development to change that opinion. (In fact, as Town, many of us have a tendency to “bite down” on a suspect and refuse to change even when there *is* evidence we should!) Flocke shifted his vote *away* from one of his top two picks… not to the other pick… but to the counter-wagon to his stated top pick.

Then, with his “top pick” awaiting hammer, he refuses, even though he’s online at that moment.
Good points and I noted a good deal of that myself as well....Flocke is edging ever more into my top suspects list due to those decisions at the tail end of the previous "day"(and also slightly due to not posting much...even when online).

yogsloth: If microfish is scum, I won’t believe any of his buddies were on that wagon… which means, assuming three mafia, his partners have to be exactly 2/4 of Flocke, joppo, Lift, and Carradice

Lookie at that
Yeah, it was ODD how Micro's wagon got up to steam a few times and then stalled/etc.

Also i'm curious: of the above 4, whom do you think is most suspicious/maybe needing an investigation by our now confirmed cop or eventual push to claim(if need be)? I think Flocke or Lift, myself.
Carradice: Very interesting thoughts. He was at minus-1. He could have been hammered... Staying there being Mafia might have been throwing him under the bus in D1, a bit too soon, don't you think?Thanks for sharing.
Mafiosos bus each other all the time for Town points. Wouldn't have been strange.

Remember the Watcher of Kalunga incident we keep bringing up? In that very same game, Trent was Agent's scumbuddy, and he voted for him, on Day 1, and successfully got him lynched.

GameRager: Same question to you as to Yog just now: What about Flocke refusing to hammer "yesterday"? What are your thoughts on that?
I don't know how to interpret it, whether it came from a town or mafia mindset. It seems likely that a Town Flocke thought to stay to the wagon he believed in, mine, rather than "try" Micro so to say. It's also just as likely that a Mafia Flocke saw his scumbuddy Micro getting too much heat but didn't have the idea of bussing for town points.

That said, I think Mafia Flocke is less likely. That effort of reading between the lines and trying to find people communicating in code is, as RW put it, a Town effort. I don't see that kind of play coming from scum.

GameRager: Also sorry to hear you're not feeling well....I hope you feel better in time. :) Question, who is this GameRageT person? o.0 ;)

(I am guessing typo?)
I am feeling a lot better now, thanks. GameRaget was a ZFR typo that I copied without fixing.

GameRager: Role madness?
Imagine a game where almost everyone has a role. That's Role Madness. There might be a vanilla or two in those games, but they're so low (or non-existent) that finding them is like finding a needle in the haystack.

JoeSapphire: When I was provoking pooka at the end of the Day yesterDay, I was thinking a town-pooka reaction would be more like being victimised or treated unfairly. So when I was asking pooka 'how do you feel?' I was hoping for an answer like 'betrayed!' or ':('
So pooka coming back to that question with neat argument for why microfish must be scum seems to me like scum-pooka.

Does anyone know what I mean?

Pooka, have I got it all wrong?
Joe. While responding to you about this, I remembered that one SH Discord game where I was scum, so my argument, which was originally "where do you get the idea that my getting emotional is a Town Pooka tell?" has shifted to "why does the way I argue give you the idea I am Scum Pooka?".

Also, I actually did get emotional for a second, if that's what you mean. There's a reason I wrote it like that back in Post 540: "lOoK aT mE i'M sO tOwN" as well as its derivatives in that very same post. So you sort of already got the Town Pooka reaction you were thinking of, just not to the question you specified. Of course, that's just your idea of a Town Pooka reaction.

Carradice: It does not make sense that scum has Cop powers, unless it is a name cop, don't you think? Finding the rare Neutral is not that useful for them.
There is a version of the Cop called the Role Cop. Rather than tell you the alignment of the player, it tells you the role of the player. For example, if the Role Cop investigates a person, he will get a PM saying that person is a Doctor. Role cops benefit the Mafia A LOT.

That's enough for a reply.
GameRager: Also i'm curious: of the above 4, whom do you think is most suspicious/maybe needing an investigation by our now confirmed cop or eventual push to claim(if need be)? I think Flocke or Lift, myself.
Well, it all depends on flips, doesn't it?

Which is precisely why no-lynching on Day 1 is total ass, GameRager

So yeah, I'm an idiot, I totally forgot you no-lynched on purpose, so go ahead and add yourself to the pile of potential microfish buddies

If we lynch microfish and he flips mafia, I probably just turbo-lynch Flocke the next Day and investigate Lift or you at night
yogsloth: Well, it all depends on flips, doesn't it?
The cop could also pick from the players based on their own suspicions and data available(who went on and off which wagons and when).

yogsloth: Which is precisely why no-lynching on Day 1 is total ass, GameRager
It's more "ass" than a lynch on D1 with more town than scum(imo), but not by much.

Also I myself wanted us to get to a lynch of my top suspects list, but I felt it wasn't going to happen due to fractured voting(and I was sadly right)....that is partially why I started with nolynch and then lept around so much.

yogsloth: So yeah, I'm an idiot, I totally forgot you no-lynched on purpose, so go ahead and add yourself to the pile of potential microfish buddies
Note above....it(to me) wasn't happening with the votes being all over.....but fair enough/i'd expect no less from a fellow town.

yogsloth: If we lynch microfish and he flips mafia, I probably just turbo-lynch Flocke the next Day and investigate Lift or you at night
Good plan & that sounds like a good idea for our town cop.... town could lynch either Micro or Flocke and the cop could investigate the other, and then everyone could look into the remaining players and analyze the wagon.
ConsulCaesar: @agent: did you neighborized someone during the night?
Yes.

PookaMustard: <snip>
Good stuff.

Splitting headache so that's all I have to say right now.