It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

RWarehall: So says the do-nothing player...
agentcarr16: My (in)activity should have no effect on the validity of my reads.
I dunno about that. I mean, someone who is engaging with the game less would theoretically have less basis for their reads. If I asked my brother who isn't playing and hasn't been reading the thread who he thought was scum, would his reads be equally valid? I'm not suggesting your reads are equivalent to his, just that engagement with the game is clearly linked to being able to come up with reads.
SirPrimalform: Hmm, seems like the game has stall
ed.
I'm not quite sure I get the Caesar wagon, can someone sum it up?
Happily. Maybe more can be said (or corrections added) by joppo and yogsloth (and people who have mentioned him, there was something like a Digitus Suspicio on him, too). What can be offered here is this:

1. Heavy lurking.
2. Prodded by yogsloth and yours truly (along with the rest of the shy ones) so that they participate. They did greatly (but for him), including Flocke and you.
3. A couple inane posts by @ConsulCaesar, that were duly criticised by yogslogth.
4. A bit more prodding in #206. The Slytherinometer (TM), by the way, had three purposes: one, making an effort for transparency (it was directly inspired by Flocke's effort); second, receiving feedback for all those things that had not been seen (as is to be expected from someone new to the game); three, sparking reactions, which it did.
5. A post with too many things wrong. You can read about it in #266, points 1, 3, 4, 5.

Right now is the strongest lead and the one worth voting for. The fishing issue is the most solid lead so far, as seen from here. Much more than, say, @Lift because he wanted to enforce a strict LAL policy and later got incensed in the argument.

============

Also, thank you for the summary on @AgentCarr. Really, what to think about the behaviour he has exhibited? Seen from here, he has appeared as:

1. A joker / possible bold Slyth, but pulling it out required skill; @yogs has shown he has it, has @AgentCarr?
2. A serial joker..
3. Someone hiding in plain sight / someone not paying attention to the game and just having fun taking the spurs to Lift and others.

It is difficult to gauge, without previous experience, how serious is Mafia etiquette. Apparently claiming is something considered especially serious? That is why the joke was suppossedly so hilarious and afterwards so horrible? Is this an anomaly or, on the contrary, something happening regularly in Mafia games? For a newcomer it was all kind of meh.

Right now, what he is doing now, is this what they call flailing? Either he is a Townie getting his last kicks ouf of the people playing the game (and rightfully nervous), or scum who bit more than he could chew.

Still, according to Occam's razor... The most scummy thing he has done is hiding in plain sight. About the PMs discussion, it looked so ugly that, it did not seem to deserve much attention. Maybe there is something there, but, as @Trent and others said, a discussion on PMs is not that exciting nor what we are suppossed to be doing. But it might be worth a second look. Maybe.

Still undecided, too. And, see, it looked like he was going to get voted for making jokes and that looked terrible, but maybe there is something more to it. Again, for someone new it is difficult to gauge how serious his breaches of etiquette are.

BTW, thanks for summarizing the thing with Agent.
@Agent: what SPF said. You admitted that you didn't really read. So your reads can't be that precise. The strongest 'read' you have is OMGUS and you justify it with me being 'more focused' than usual.

Did you consider that perhaps my frustration with you has more to do with your behaviour than with my alignment? I mean you realized by now (or were forced to realise) that you were disruptive. You even apologized for it. Yet this realization doesn't change your 'read'.

But actually I have to admit that your apology doesn't change my read either. I don't think you would have been that uninterested in actually playing the game if you were town. Choosing to just joke around at the expense of your team. Or at least I really hope that you are not town. If you are, I don't know what to think about you.

I accept your apology and I apologize for getting too emotional too. But I still think lynching you and getting your flip is in our best interest by now. Because whatever else you may claim, you have lost all credibility in that respect.

@Carradice: yes. Claiming is usually a serious business. It is usually reserved for situations where it is necessary and a false- claim is usually a dead sure scum-tell. For me at least a false claim is not a joke. Claiming is an too important part of how we can solve the game to fool around with that tool.
@Lift: Hope you are feeling better.

You have not been to China lately, right?
Carradice: @Lift: Hope you are feeling better.

No, I haven't been to China since a few years. But thank you, I am getting better bit by bit.
Carradice: It is difficult to gauge, without previous experience, how serious is Mafia etiquette. Apparently claiming is something considered especially serious? That is why the joke was suppossedly so hilarious and afterwards so horrible? Is this an anomaly or, on the contrary, something happening regularly in Mafia games? For a newcomer it was all kind of meh.
Claiming is pretty serious, generally you shouldn't show your cards without a good reason.
RVS is a good place for jokes, but obviously a claim is a bit more sensitive than saying "I vote for X because <stupid-reason>" or some wordplay.
The reason Agent's joke was hilarious, is because a couple of games ago he was scum and accidentally claimed in his first post. This was referenced by ZFR in the rules for this game and Agent's first claim was a direct reference to it as well.
But yes, the later jokes were increasingly horrible because there's not really any excuse for continuing to throw out false claims. While I think Lift's application of LAL to an RVS post was too much, with the stuff since Agent has established himself as untrustworthy. We can't simply give him a pass for apologising, it's not hard for scum to simply say "I was just joking! I'm sorry really".
This is the reason for the no editing rule, everything said is on-record and can be scrutinised. You can't just strike things from the record because someone apologises.
Carradice: @Lift: Hope you are feeling better.

Lifthrasil: No, I haven't been to China since a few years. But thank you, I am getting better bit by bit.
Good to hear that you are better! Well, the China thing was an (admittedly) silly joke about the current virus of the semester (remember the avian flu, the influenza A, zika and so others?).

Thanks for the tip on etiquette and claiming.

Hopefully, we can make everyone's lynching or killing as peaceful and pleasing as possible! =)
Easiest Votus Conputatio yet

agent 3 - RWarehall, Lift, SirPrimalform
Lift 3 - Pooka, agent, ConsulCaesar
ConsulCaesar 3 - joppo, Carradice, yogsloth
Microfish 1 - trent
yogs 1 - FlockeShnee
trent 1 - Joe

No-lynch 1 - GameRager

Everyone else - 0
Not voting - Micro

14 players remaining - it takes 8 to lynch.

When you see a vote count, please check that your name is against the right person. Let me know if it isn't.
Post edited February 06, 2020 by ZFR
yo

when the deadline be at
yogsloth: yo

when the deadline be at
Saturday 3 pm UTC.

when the deadline be at
You haven't worked it out yet? You're dead, this is hell.

when the deadline be at
ZFR: Saturday 3 pm UTC.
7:00 in the morning on a Saturday?

lol

OK then
OK, let's make it 6pm UTC.

Anyone lives in Hawaii?
SirPrimalform: Claiming is pretty serious, generally you shouldn't show your cards without a good reason.
RVS is a good place for jokes, but obviously a claim is a bit more sensitive than saying "I vote for X because <stupid-reason>" or some wordplay.
The reason Agent's joke was hilarious, is because a couple of games ago he was scum and accidentally claimed in his first post. This was referenced by ZFR in the rules for this game and Agent's first claim was a direct reference to it as well.
But yes, the later jokes were increasingly horrible because there's not really any excuse for continuing to throw out false claims. While I think Lift's application of LAL to an RVS post was too much, with the stuff since Agent has established himself as untrustworthy. We can't simply give him a pass for apologising, it's not hard for scum to simply say "I was just joking! I'm sorry really".
This is the reason for the no editing rule, everything said is on-record and can be scrutinised. You can't just strike things from the record because someone apologises.
Got that. Thanks!

An open question to those in the know: Each individual scum knows who his fellows are, right at the start (before they have the chance to talk in the special casting phase/night phase). Do they also know the distribution of especial roles/powers among them, in case any have been assigned to them? Meaning, before they have a first chance to talk in their den, too.
Carradice: An open question to those in the know: Each individual scum knows who his fellows are, right at the start (before they have the chance to talk in the special casting phase/night phase). Do they also know the distribution of especial roles/powers among them, in case any have been assigned to them? Meaning, before they have a first chance to talk in their den, too.
Let me translate

"Hey everyone, look at me, I'm asking questions about what information mafia gets because I'm not one of them! Look at me, look at me, look at meeeeeeee!"

lmao

Yes, generally mafia should get a PM with each others's identities and full role cards