It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yogsloth: Ummm from my memory scum lift is a little more... acquiescent? More willing to be reasonable? And Town life is like

*puts head down, charges*

"WHOOOOOOARGGGGGGGH"

Pretty sure I scummed with him in one of the most recent GOG games I played and that's how we managed things

I'd have to look it up though

I dunno, it's not the greatest read ever, just going with the gut here
That's exactly what I saw last game (SH) in Lift. He saw scene messing up, so he focused all his might and power on scene. He's insistence of shading him at every opportunity, well, I won't say it gained him a lot of (un)popularity as feeling fascist, but will say it contributed to that image of Lift, and the liberals were right to suspect him. Right now, it's Agent instead of scene, but this time on flimsier reasons.

GameRager: Aren't there PRs in mafia games who can watch to see who NKd someone if they watched a certain person that day/night?

If that's the case then there's a slight chance we'd see who did the NK. Barring that we could analyze who voted what and who posted/said what the previous "day" & also look into who interacted with that NKd person as well....so it's not like we'd have nothing to go on.
Watchers.

Also, the mafia aren't the only ones doing visits at night. A doctor protecting someone is counted as a visit. If you have so many people visit one person, and that person ends up to be the nightkill, the data gets muddied as opposed to only the killer visiting him. Also take into account that you don't know if Town has a watcher among its ranks or not, or even any investigative roles to begin with.

Yep. Scum-hunting during the day is the only weapon you are guaranteed as a Townie. To put it better, a nightkill leaves you a dead person only. A lynch leaves you a record of all the people involved in the lynch. Scum can't control the lynch as easily as the nightkills, and they can either kill a low info target or someone who is in a conflict with another Townie in hopes of confusing Town with WIFOM.

You know what's even better? Mafia can randomly hit the investigative targets you're banking on. Remember Supernatural? ZFR was the first nightkill, and he was the cop. That's not to mention no power role will give up their information on D2 - as they would give scum the game on a platter of gold. Breadcrumbing who needs to be lynched is not easy either. So...PRs are essentially like desperation attacks that get charged up. Some make loads of damage, some do little to help, and some never work.

GameRager: What are the odds for hitting scum atm? I know they are pretty low(compared to hitting town), at the very least.
You'd first have to know how many scum there are, and this is a stab in the dark in a closed setup. Standards say 25% of the players are mafia, so 3.5 for this game. Without considering serial killers or other anti-Town parties, or indeed if the mafia aren't even 3 members, the odds of landing on scum are around 25%. Still better than the no-lynch's 0%, and that's what matters.

GameRager: What? What does this mean?
You know when someone makes a pun and follows it up by "you can kill me?" That's what happened.
GameRager: Lift for the insistence on LAL before and his back/forth recently with agent, agent for his silly claims and his back/forth with Lift, you for your silly claim and some other things I forget atm(but Lift/Agent seem more suspect to me than you), and Trent I think(would need to check notes, old posts, etc for the reasons for that and to see if anything else caught my eye).

That is my main list atm, and I think any of the above should either be investigated(in that order as above) if we have a cop/etc or lynched if we don't have a cop/etc.
I can 100% guarantee you that your list of people you would lynch is 25% wrong and I have a feeling it's probably at least 75% wrong.

I am starting to agree with yogs (it's the secret code thing), Age of Wonders 2 is calling my name.
PookaMustard: Watchers. *snip*
Thanks for all the info and helping to remember some aspects of game play i'd forgotten a bit about.

PookaMustard: You know what's even better? Mafia can randomly hit the investigative targets you're banking on. Remember Supernatural? ZFR was the first nightkill, and he was the cop. That's not to mention no power role will give up their information on D2 - as they would give scum the game on a platter of gold. Breadcrumbing who needs to be lynched is not easy either. So...PRs are essentially like desperation attacks that get charged up. Some make loads of damage, some do little to help, and some never work.
Well hopefully any town cop/etc will somehow leave some breadcrumbs to help us out(if possible) so we can not lynch town and also lynch scum.

PookaMustard: You'd first have to know how many scum there are, and this is a stab in the dark in a closed setup. Standards say 25% of the players are mafia, so 3.5 for this game. Without considering serial killers or other anti-Town parties, or indeed if the mafia aren't even 3 members, the odds of landing on scum are around 25%. Still better than the no-lynch's 0%, and that's what matters.
So 1/4 then? Eh, it could be worse, I guess. I might add my vote to whomever on my main list gets close to lynch, then, but for now i'm going to wait and see(we have a few days left, after all).

PookaMustard: You know when someone makes a pun and follows it up by "you can kill me?" That's what happened.
Thanks for the clarification.
trentonlf: I can 100% guarantee you that your list of people you would lynch is 25% wrong and I have a feeling it's probably at least 75% wrong.
If this is a subtle alluding that you are guaranteeing yourself to be town.....JJonahJamesonsYoureSerious.jpg?

Not even I can prove atm that i'm town to anyone, well at least if I understand the game correctly.....and to me that extends to everyone else.

As for the 75%: does that mean there's anyone in that list you DO suspect, then? And if so, who and why?

trentonlf: I am starting to agree with yogs (it's the secret code thing), Age of Wonders 2 is calling my name.
Taking a break to go do other stuff for a bit? Fair enough. I do hope you'll be around to give more thoughts on the game again soon, though. :)
Fingers crossed this doesn't double-post.

SirPrimalform: blatant anti-town play
Let me channel my inner-anti-town-Krypsyn.

Heh.

PookaMustard: The time for jokes is over.
One does not simply...

yogsloth: If your buddies invited you over to play Monopoly, would you sit down at the table and decide not to buy any properties because you might get the ones you don't want, and just go round and round and collect your $200?
If my buddies invited me over to play Monopoly, I'd find some new buddies.

yogsloth: But at this point you’re a hot mess, all over the place, kicking the bear.
Welcome to my life.

Yeah, reactions are good. Also, I'm still laughing that Lift believed my Egbert Worple-Chesterton claim.

FlockeSchnee: <length snip>
I see I see I see...

___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|__
_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|
___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|__
_|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|___|

↑ the infamous Jokelin wall.

trentonlf: You are not ruining the game at all, I find you to be funny and enjoying the game and trying to bring that to everyone else.
Microfish_1: Agent is NOT ruining the game for me.
GameRager: Eh, I like the silly joke/"joke" posts.....it makes the game more fun to read, if only a bit.
Thanks.

I agree with yogs that Lift is typically focused. I disagree with yogs that Lift is typically this focused.

Yogs reminded me, I don't think much of Micro's fishing, but I'm too distracted to think about it more.

I don't know why Caesar has suddenly become popular. I will try to reread him if I get the time.

GameRager: does that mean there's anyone in that list you DO suspect, then? And if so, who and why?
That would be Lift, per post 322.
I'm now figuring out where to proceed. If it wasn't clear, I believe both Agent and Lift are town Agent because of his PM shenanigans. Lift I had likely Town before his own PM shenanigans.

But I'm leaving my vote on Agent for now just to make it clear how unhappy I am for a player to be this anti-Town. Look Agent, you've admitted to not having time to read the thread, but I see you still pushing a case on multiple people for for very superficial reasons or OMGUS. Just as you did last game and similarly used your PM to save you. Until and unless you find time to do the legwork, I'm trusting my own effort given I have been putting in the legwork.

Unfortunately I've noticed things that talking about might further break the game or hurt Town. Trying to narrow down a good place to move my vote. One insight I think is worth sharing involved the "Secret Code". Clearly Flocke is trying and paying attention.

There is a Secret Code. Clearly certain people are trying to break the game with PMs. But it's silly and NAI (Not Alignment Indicative). Look at the Town Sample PM and "yadda yadda yadda". I suspect most (if not all) PMs have something very similar (in a way). The real question is why these people are so certain this Town clears anyone? Yogs is a smart player, I wouldn't put it past him to be scum, notice that flavour pattern, and try to use it to Town clear himself knowing how GoG Mafia loves to breadcrumb. It proves nothing. And a bunch of people jumped in trying to confirm themselves with it. I doubt it's a Town indicator. I suspect it will be in scum PMs too. There is really nothing to see here...
ConsulCaesar: I also said what I thought about the Houses and a potential third party... Not much I can say without going into claiming.
Significant?

Apart from that, Caesar has been consistent. More than can be said of some other players.

<_<

>_>

Nooooo... I'm definitely not talking about myself.

yogsloth: This feels an awful lot like ye olde classical "string together mis-lynches" tactic
OK, I accept your reasoning, though I disagree with you.

joppo: In face of the discomfort I feel with your post
Do you believe Caesar to be Slytherin or simply non-Gryffindor?

Carradice: So, let us put our vote where our voices are, on the option that currently looks the most solid one.
To be clear, this is because you believe he was fishing? Besides Caesar and Micro, who would you vote?
RWarehall: Just as you did last game and similarly used your PM to save you.
I kinda gotta laugh about this. I've never seen Supernatural. I never looked anything up while playing. I just breadcrumbed and then claimed. It wasn't anti-Town in the least.

I have to say that, in my opinion, if a game can be broken through PM shenanigans, that's the host's fault.

RWarehall: Until and unless you find time to do the legwork, I'm trusting my own effort given I have been putting in the legwork.
Does this make as little sense as I think it does? You're pretty sure I'm Town but you're voting me because you've put in the legwork to... prove that I'm... huh?

RWarehall: But it's silly and NAI (Not Alignment Indicative) ... The real question is why these people are so certain this Town clears anyone? ... I doubt it's a Town indicator. I suspect it will be in scum PMs too. There is really nothing to see here.
In that case, it can't break the game. You can complain that it's not how you like to play, that's fair. But it can't break the game if it's NAI.

Reread RWarehall. He's said a lot of nothing. Very proactive about telling yogsloth and no-lynchers to scum-hunt. Very certain that I was scum because I didn't quote the line that didn't matter to my argument. But no good arguments for anything and no insights to speak of.

Not currently vote-worthy, but he hasn't contributed to Town's goals in any meaningful way, though he's tried very hard to appear as if he was.
agentcarr16: Not currently vote-worthy, but he hasn't contributed to Town's goals in any meaningful way, though he's tried very hard to appear as if he was.
So says the do-nothing player...

You've voted GameRager just because he claimed Ravenclaw. You've put people on your target list just because they advocate no-lynch. You aren't reading the game and telling people to follow your leads.

In the Supernatural game, the mod specifically prohibited any player from revealing their character names because he knew it could break the game and you dropped "Angel" confirming your role as the only real Angel character in the game. That was NOT cool and tainted the game the same way you and Lift and Yogs are trying to use the PMs as some sort of added advantage. Otherwise, why are you doing it?

How are you furthering "Town goals" with your jokes, superficial and meaningless votes based on nothing and other anti-Town behavior? My vote is staying for now because you may be a good example of a player so anti-Town that even losing a Townie might end up helping Town. That and my read could be wrong and you might actually be scum...

To me, you are an acceptable fallback option because even if you are Town, you aren't helping. I'll change it when I figure out a better suspect, but you are currently the weakest link among returning players.
agentcarr16: Let me channel my inner-anti-town-Krypsyn.

Heh.
Awwww, now I'm bummed out
GameRager: Why vote for Lift and not agent as everyone else was/is? 2. What if agent claimed(and was town in actuality) and people didn't believe him and lynched him anyways or a scum used that opportunity to cast the hammer vote? Or what if we believed him/he was/is town and he got NKd anyways?
Going with my gut on who I feel is more likely to be scum.

I requested not to put agent on L-1 without a consensus so he wouldn't be surprised-hammered.

yogsloth: Ummm from my memory scum lift is a little more... acquiescent? More willing to be reasonable? And Town life is like
This is not especifically directed towards yog, just the first example I found. I wanted to comment that, as someone new to the games who hasn't read the previous threads, this type of statements means nothing to me... I understand in a community with so many players who have played together for years it is unavoidable. But I hope you all will understand if I don't accept them with blind faith.
ConsulCaesar: This is not especifically directed towards yog, just the first example I found. I wanted to comment that, as someone new to the games who hasn't read the previous threads, this type of statements means nothing to me... I understand in a community with so many players who have played together for years it is unavoidable. But I hope you all will understand if I don't accept them with blind faith.
i just got here and have to run, but I agree wholeheartedly with you. Kudos to you for not just accepting things in this game with blind faith just because others say so. Those who have played many games, in fact, might compartmentalize a "familiar" player into a slot and proceed to overlook evidence--perhaps even overwhelming evidence--to the contrary.

Good on you, Caesar!

RWarehall: And a bunch of people jumped in trying to confirm themselves with it.
Not really my goal, but i can see how this might be true to another POV.

I like Pooka's post 361. Like, really like it. it rings true to me.

>Now, this says little about whether Pooka is scum or town--merely good points with the end result of throwing shade at lift AND condemning in clearer-cut tones than any of us had before used (I think) the advantage of lunching a player.

agentcarr16: 1. If my buddies invited me over to play Monopoly, I'd find some new buddies.
Yeah, reactions are good. Also, I'm still laughing that Lift believed my Egbert Worple-Chesterton claim.

I agree with yogs that Lift is typically focused. I disagree with yogs that Lift is typically this focused.
That would be Lift, per post 322.
So, Agentcarr
1. You didn't answer the question, you evaded.

2. Please give us your full or reasonably full thoughts now regarding these reactions. A detailed list, broken down by player, would be really nice, but not necessary. Reason: If you are indeed town, but this is not proven until after your probable-lunch, it would be very useful indeed to the rest of us town to have a list of a confirmed town's suspects and thinking on this subject. You said you were sifting reactions, please give.

3. You think Lift is more or less focused than usual? Explain please in plain English as if we totally missed your meaning, so that there can be no misunderstanding here. Because frankly, without going back and rereading a bunch, I am not sure that the answer is clear. Even if I did reread everything, I'm not sure that the answer would be clear.

If you are town, you should have limited trouble answering these questions. Now, note that if you are a town PR, I don't expect--and indeed am not asking for--you to list thoughts regarding what you might or would do with that PR insofar as it applies to this game. I want your vanilla thoughts, without being flavoured by any PR you might or might not have.

If the popular support was there, I can see voting SirLamFirProm because of the pattern mentioned earlier, but this does not prove anything, and so I would vote him reluctantly based on the evidence I currently see.

IF there was a 2nd-or-3rd-party day-chat, they wouldn't need to talk in code. The only reason they would need to talk in code is if they are lowers/twins, or if there was a "N1 with no NK" phase before D1.
GameRager: Wait, you seemed to be ok with either you or agent being lynched in post 333, and now in THIS post you seem to be casting shade on someone for voting for you? Why? It's what you asked people to do.
Not casting shade. Asking for a reason. Yes, I am fine with people voting for me, as long as they provide a reason. It's what helps town analyze and judge these votes after the flip. Voting without reason is scummy.

By the way, you asked the same question.

Also, I don't call all kinds of jokes trolling. Just conscious anti-social behavior (or in this case anti-game) for personal amusement. You know, that which agent admitted doing:
agentcarr16: I get my kicks by acting erratically and watching people drive themselves crazy over it
PookaMustard: That's exactly what I saw last game (SH) in Lift. He saw scene messing up, so he focused all his might and power on scene.
Yes, I got angry in the last game and yes, I was scum. But what you apparently completely missed is, that I got angry as player. I just really don't like the meta-game in SH. As I explained in post-game, the meta as suggested by Scene would have helped us Fascists quite a lot. So there was no scum-reason to get angry about it. There were, however, player reasons not to want to play a meta-game. So me getting angry was actually counter-productive.

The case with agent is partially similar. Yes, it makes me angry if someone disrupts the game for his own personal amusement. Agent is doing that. It makes me even more angry if I try to imagine that he is Town and is working so strongly against his own team, for his own personal amusement. Since I usually get along with agent, I prefer not to think of him as anti-team ass, but as scum. I can understand disrupting the game as scum. Especially if he manages to preserve the cop-out of 'hey, it was all just a joke'. But I can't or don't want to see agent doing this as Town - and if he is, I don't want to keep playing with him. Someone on my team who intentionally acts in this way against his team would be hard to play with. So I prefer to assume that he is scum or Jester or other neutral.

agentcarr16: Yeah, reactions are good. Also, I'm still laughing that Lift believed my Egbert Worple-Chesterton claim.
And if you had bothered to actually read the game instead of just laughing about it, you would have noticed that I didn't react at all to your Egbert Worple-Chesterton claim. That you didn't shows that you aren't interested in solving this game but just in abusing it for your own amusement.

Your Viktor Krum claim, however, I did believe. It fits the setting and you having a neutral role would fit your behaviour much better than you being Town would. Also, I didn't think that you would make another of those jokes after the atmosphere was already that heated. That shows, that you actually WANT to disrupt the game.

Oh yes, and of course everyone who doesn't like your trolling has to be scum. If you would bother to think about that, you would see the fallacy in that 'conclusion'. "Ooohh! Imma goin to behave intentionally scummy and anyone who calls me scummy for being scummy must be scum themselves..."
Nonesense!
Hmm, seems like the game has stall
ed.
I'm not quite sure I get the Caesar wagon, can someone sum it up?

agentcarr16: Yeah, reactions are good. Also, I'm still laughing that Lift believed my Egbert Worple-Chesterton claim.
Lifthrasil: And if you had bothered to actually read the game instead of just laughing about it, you would have noticed that I didn't react at all to your Egbert Worple-Chesterton claim. That you didn't shows that you aren't interested in solving this game but just in abusing it for your own amusement.
I believe it was RW who believed the Egbert Worple-Chesterton claim.
RWarehall: So says the do-nothing player...
My (in)activity should have no effect on the validity of my reads.

RWarehall: You've voted GameRager just because he claimed Ravenclaw.
I still think it would be an informative lynch.

RWarehall: You've put people on your target list just because they advocate no-lynch.
Because no-lynch is a bad idea. Rather like mass role-claiming on Day 1. Or telling PRs what to do. I'm willing to vote for anyone who does any of those things.

RWarehall: How are you furthering "Town goals" with your jokes, superficial and meaningless votes based on nothing and other anti-Town behavior?
I suppose my lesson here should be that jokes on the internet are a bad idea.

yogsloth: Awwww, now I'm bummed out
:(

Microfish_1: So, Agentcarr
1. You didn't answer the question, you evaded.

2. Please give us your full or reasonably full thoughts now regarding these reactions. A detailed list, broken down by player, would be really nice, but not necessary. Reason: If you are indeed town, but this is not proven until after your probable-lunch, it would be very useful indeed to the rest of us town to have a list of a confirmed town's suspects and thinking on this subject. You said you were sifting reactions, please give.

3. You think Lift is more or less focused than usual? Explain please in plain English as if we totally missed your meaning, so that there can be no misunderstanding here. Because frankly, without going back and rereading a bunch, I am not sure that the answer is clear. Even if I did reread everything, I'm not sure that the answer would be clear.
1. The question wasn't directed at me, I didn't feel the need to answer it.

2. Can do once I get home from work tonight.

3. More focused than usual.

Lifthrasil: It makes me even more angry if I try to imagine that he is Town and is working so strongly against his own team, for his own personal amusement.
Again, I apologize. I had not intended that my jokes would become so disruptive.

Lifthrasil: And if you had bothered to actually read the game instead of just laughing about it, you would have noticed that I didn't react at all to your Egbert Worple-Chesterton claim.
Sorry, mis-attributed that. Should have been RWarehall:

RWarehall: I had him slightly leaning Town off that claim. It seemed reasonable for this game