It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

agentcarr16: Also, Carradice left me his night actions in the neighbour chat. I'll post them once I'm on PC.
JoeSapphire: Before we do any of that we should decide what we're doing about the claimed tracker:
Do we want to test joppo by having him announce his action first and give others a chance to verify/counterclaim, or do we want to test others by having me, carradice-via- carr, and perhaps caesar announce actions and give joppo the chance to verify/counter?

Seems prudent to wait for night results before rushing into things.
Fair point. I'll wait.
ugh, two of them. this means what? 3rd-party is confirmed?
This leaves Agent, Joe, and myself in the unenviable seat of choosing who outside our "core 3" to trust/listen to...
5 other players. 2 scum.
3rd party--join us, and we will be kind to you. we might give you bagels. definitely peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Help us scumhunt.
agentcarr16: Also, Carradice left me his night actions in the neighbour chat. I'll post them once I'm on PC.
JoeSapphire: Before we do any of that we should decide what we're doing about the claimed tracker:
Do we want to test joppo by having him announce his action first and give others a chance to verify/counterclaim, or do we want to test others by having me, carradice-via- carr, and perhaps caesar announce actions and give joppo the chance to verify/counter?

Yes. Let's do that.

@Joppo: whom did you track and where did they go?

@Consul: now that we have a full day to discuss ahead if us, I think it's time for you to claim.

Two kills is bad. Either scum had some ace up their sleeve (delayed kill, conditional second kill...) or we have a killing third party. For third party, Consul is still my best guess.

If the second kill is from a third party, we can conclude two things:
1. The third party role is anti-town. Otherwise they would have thrown their lot in with the stronger Town after yesterday and would not have weakened town by killing a confirmed player.
2. The third party role is probably limited in some way. Otherwise we would have had double kills before.

So if some psychoanalyst has found someone with suitable limiting modifiers, that might point towards the neutral killer. But please wait with your revelation, if there is any, for Joppo's report. Joppo is still one of the more suspect players, so he should go first.
Day 5 will end Saturday evening UTC

agentcarr16: Fair point. I'll wait.
Well I was a bit stupid and jumped to conclusions. It would probs have been fine for you to tell us straightaway.
But a little bit of dramatic tension can't hurt. ;)
Ouch. I was kinda expecting one dead confirmed townie (and hoping for zero), but nowhere I would imagine two would die tonight.
Yesterday we were happily thinking we had this game in the bag. In the space of one night I suddenly feel like we're running a way too high risk of losing.

I agree with Lift. This must mean either two scum who somehow had to delay their double kill, or an antagonistic third party. Emphasis on antagonistic.

JoeSapphire: Seems prudent to wait for night results before rushing into things.
agentcarr16: Fair point. I'll wait.
No need to wait any longer.

I followed Pooka again last night and the only thing I learned is that he sits in his broom like a pro.

Although, given that he didn't perform either of these kills I suppose he's mostly cleared (barring modifiers like ninja/ascetic.)
@Caesar: So, what do you have to tell us? Spill your (every-flavour) beans, please.
The second kill was a surprise, since there had been no sign of another killer role until now. I guess this counters the extremely lucky N2. I don't believe a second kill has been stopped every single night so they must have limited shots.

I'm very glad that Carr shared his actions to agent, making what seemed like a filler role into something potentially powerful. Hopefully this will explain how Carr knew about who held the mafia kill.

Here goes my claim, as some of you have requested. I am Penelope Clearwater of House Ravenclaw, a Vanilla Townie. So no night actions from me.
joppo: Although, given that he didn't perform either of these kills I suppose he's mostly cleared (barring modifiers like ninja/ascetic.)
Or you could be covering for him because you are scum together.

However, two scum in one team left would mean that there has indeed to be some mechanism to allow a double kill (or a postponed kill which only took effect now) for a single faction. It's possible, but somehow I tend more to the assumption that we have two factions. One regular scum left and one anti-town neutral. That scenario requires less elaborate roles and that would indeed clear Pooka somewhat.

Not you, however. If you were the lone scum left, you would avoid going into conflict with anyone right now. Because, assuming for the moment you are scum, you wouldn't dare to falsely implicate someone at this point. Because even if that would get your reported target lynched, the flip would reveal your lie and you would be next. So you might, as scum, try to buddy up to one player in a not yet confirmed position by supporting him. So I'm keeping your on our 'possibly scum' list. Especially if we exclude Pooka for now, the target pool becomes very small. Of course I exclude myself as well from my suspect pool, since I have no reason to suspect myself.

However, since we have probably 2 anti-town players left, one of them possibly neutral, I would strongly assume that Consul is anti-town. It fits his behaviour, it fits his claim and frankly from the number of unconfirmed players left, he just has to be one of the two assumed anti-towners.

So let's start today's voting:

EtTuBrutus ConsulCaesar
Two nightkills.

Both of them high profile and cleared Town. I'm leaning on thinking our Mafia is stupidly strong and there's no "third party" so to speak - or else the third party would be more tempted IMO to spare Carradice or GameRager in favor of someone not cleared in hopes that he get rid of the mafia before they get rid of him.

joppo: I followed Pooka again last night and the only thing I learned is that he sits in his broom like a pro.
That much is true.

Don't expect a lot of activity from me as work sort of intensifies. I arrived late and got punished by leaving late, and I live far away from work. I'm spending more time in the commute on limited data than being at home.

Wait a minute.

Lifthrasil: EtTuBrutus ConsulCaesar
Explain what "EtTuBrutus" means, Lift.
Hmmm.

Not that it changes anything, but I just can't see the link between the character of Cho Chang and a 3-shot Epic Cop. Unfortunately Carradice isn't around to present a theory. He apparently thinks exactly like ZFR, down to the last detail.

On the other hand I would think it suspicious if someone that claimed such a powerful character like McGonagall was just a 3-shot compulsive JOAT. Well at least we're not wasting time suspecting either of these character claims.

Anyway, moving on.

joppo: Although, given that he didn't perform either of these kills I suppose he's mostly cleared (barring modifiers like ninja/ascetic.)
Lifthrasil: Or you could be covering for him because you are scum together.

However, two scum in one team left would mean that there has indeed to be some mechanism to allow a double kill (or a postponed kill which only took effect now) for a single faction. It's possible, but somehow I tend more to the assumption that we have two factions. One regular scum left and one anti-town neutral. That scenario requires less elaborate roles and that would indeed clear Pooka somewhat.

Not you, however. If you were the lone scum left, you would avoid going into conflict with anyone right now.
Fair enough, you may suspect me as that theory you put out there isn't impossible (It is just wrong). The same way I still am not convinced that you can't possibly be scum. But I gotta admit Caesar concerns me even more than you right now.

However, I don't understand your rush to lynch Caesar when we still have to hear Agent's report of Carradice's actions. It might tell us what we need to know to flush out whatever killers are out there. The more information we have the better we will decide who to lynch.
@Agent What did Carradice say?

@Joe did you do anything last night?

would vote in order: Lift, Caesar, Pooka, Joppo.
Lifthrasil: EtTuBrutus ConsulCaesar
PookaMustard: Explain what "EtTuBrutus" means, Lift.
I thought it makes a fitting 'spell' for someone named ConsulCaesar. If you don't get the reference, read Julius Caesar by Shakespeare.

@Joppo: no rush. One vote doesn't make a lynch. However, I currently see that as the best place to put my vote and I'm travelling tomorrow again.

Microfish_1: would vote in order: Lift, Caesar, Pooka, Joppo.
That's interesting. Why Pooka in front of Joppo? After Joppo kind of cleared Pooka? If Pooka is scum, Joppo most likely is too. So it's unlikely that Pooka is scum but Joppo not while the inverse is possible. So you should switch those two.

About me and Caesar: fine with me. I'm quite as unconfirmed as Caesar is. I think, however, that I was considerably more invested in solving this game than he was. Unfortunately I would appear quite as invested if I were scum. So I guess my previous successes in games where I was scum bite me in the arse now.
For my night action I used my reflector shot. (wasted my reflector shot): For the night any action that targetted me would target the player who used it instead.

Well, I feel a bit stupid now, but at the end of the day I was struggling to understand Carradice's sheer bloody unwillingness to vote for lifthrasil, and his accusation that people were ganging up on lift and trying to force the hands of other players pretty scummy.
I decided that it's possible lift and caesar were on a seperate scumteam to yogsloth and SirP, and if it were true they could be coming for me tonight, so I went for the reflect.
When Carradice turned up dead I was like "aHA!-oh."

I wondered if Carradice had used a vig shot on me, but it occured to me WAY too late what "compulsive 3-shot" meant. Doh.

So, I ought to wait for Carr before rushing to conclusions, but it looks like Carradice might have done something to clear Lifthrasil.

In which case, maybe I should resist tearing out of the woodwork and voting Lifthrasil. Maybe I should swallow my pride and vote for Carradice's top pick.

But...

ConsulCaesar: Here goes my claim, as some of you have requested. I am Penelope Clearwater of House Ravenclaw, a Vanilla Townie. So no night actions from me.
Penelope Clearwater of House Ravenclaw is such a disastrously unmemorable character to claim, that it kind of has to be the truth, doesn't it?
Every other player has claimed their characters, so Caesar could have claimed ANYBODY. Why go for such a no-reward character?

This is interesting:

joppo: The pool of lynchable isn't too big really. Caesar, Pooka, Trent and me. Caesar is the most likely to be scum in my eyes, followed by Pooka and then Trent. But since it seems to be too late to get a Caesar or even a Pooka wagon up to 6 votes I guess I'll have to vote Trent.
Caesar is Joppo's top scum pick, but he tracks Pooka? Why, Joppo?
Agreed with Lift that this kinda clears Pooka either way - if Joppo is true, then Pooka's not likely to have killed. If Joppo lies it's more likely buddying Pooka than protecting an ally.
Hmmm... maybe.

Remaledicat Joppo

Unless Carr has something unforeseen.

ALSO - my doctor ability says it protects the target from dying that night. So by the way it's worded it's possible GameRager was targetted by a poisoner Night 3 and I didn't protect him.
It doesn't seem very likely though. And I'd hate it.
Paraphrasing from Neighbour chat with Carradice:

Carradice protected Flocke on Night 1, though he also considered RWarehall. Those were the two most townie players at that point, in his opinion.

Carradice roleblocked yogsloth on Night 2. Carradice read yogsloth as more vocal than SPF, thus more likely to perform the NK.

Carradice rolestopped GR on Night 3. Rolestop apparently means that if anyone tries to perform an action on the target, the action will fail (seems to also protect against NK). He expected that scum would try to hit GR since he had revealed himself.