It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm here, just reading all the latest posts but I will have something ready to deploy soon. Just letting you guys know that I'm reading #1219 right now
Vote Count

trent 3 - Pooka, Caesar, GameRager
joppo 3 - Lift, Micro, Carradice
Lift 2 - Joe, trent
Pooka 1 - agent

Not voting - joppo

10 Players. Takes 6 to lynch.
Microfish_1: Re time, yes as far as I know.
I understand work and sleep! Sometimes I get up, get online and find 3 pages (at 20 posts per page) waiting for me!
Do what I do then: stay home most of the day and lurk online several hours a day...what could go wong? ;D

Microfish_1: yes, i noticed it too. actions of scum or townie who knows they are townie. NAI?
I dunno, but IF Trent flips town I might go after Lift on D5....him slipping being close to lynch on two game "days" seems very suspect to me.

Microfish_1: we can pursue it on d5 after seeing what transpires n4. I think it wrong to reward lurkiness, and bad form to rush a new train without giving everyone time to react so we can later gauge their reactions! In a sense you did the same thing by voting lift.
BUT Lift was/is online in time, AND he chose not to claim but to start a new wagon....odd huh? Well enough to make me wonder , at least.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- (Best bit above is at 0:43.....I hope we don't have such a reply after lynching "today")
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microfish_1: will you join us on trent's wagon?
I already did before I saw this post of yours. :)

Microfish_1: There is Vlittle diff between a massclaim and going one by one to everybody, putting them at L-1, and saying "claim now". :P If you weren't confirmed scum I'd say it was scummy.
Think about it, though, it is logically the best course of finding scum when we have a large enough lock/near-lock town pool....we go through each of the ones left over, get them to claim, and see if the claim passes the sniff test(or if another player counter claims).

Microfish_1: i am not pursuing Joppo atm because, while he needs to claim if he gets to L-1, there is next to no time to discuss and jump to another wagon, potentially leaving us with a no-lunch.
Yet another reason why I am not voting for Joppo.

Microfish_1: i am continuing to read lift as town.
Ok, BUT if(IF) he turns out to be scum and wins the game i'm gonna be laughing and saying "told ya so" to the lot of ya. o.0
Microfish_1: okay, i guess, but i want to hear from Trent why he thinks Lift is scum or worth pursuing.
trentonlf: snip
Microfish_1: Please.
The pool of people at this point that I would vote are Lift, Caesar, or joppo. As for Lift I’ve had him in my suspect pool most of the game, but it’s not anything in particular that stands out just more of a gut feeling. He presents himself as Town and makes great points, but sometimes I get the feeling he is just saying what he thinks people want to hear to make himself look Town. As I said nothing in particular stands out, it’s just an overall feeling I get.

At this point it looks like me or joppo will be lynched. I would still prefer Caesar or Lift over joppo, but at the point we are at we just need to start lynching the short pool of suspects (this includes me) and Town will probably win.

Unvote Lift
Vote joppo
Microfish_1: Hmm. Lift has been present much of toDay, while Joppo summarizes and disappears. would the remaining scum or two fade or try to misdirect?
If it's Lift, he would try to misdirect. He certainly would not fade.

JoeSapphire: From Lift's response, I'm not sure which it is. I'm leaning toward an innocent misunderstanding, but then his statement "Joe's vig shot must have taken priority over SirP's kill" is highly questionable... I don't know.
Lifthrasil: Why is that questionable? I think it's a reasonable assumption. In each game I've run I had to consider sequence of resolution of Night Actions beforehand. What happens if a killer is targeted himself?
Questions raised by the statement: "the missing kill in the Night before is easily explained by SPF's death. Probably he was the one who was supposed to perform the nk, but Joe was faster for some reason."
- what was the reason?
- is that a standard rule?
- has there ever been an example of this being the rule on gog before?

I was considering a somewhat-outlandish theory that neatly explains why Lifthrasil didn't think to question the lack of night 2 kill, and made assumptions about the night 3 kill.
A Traitor is a role that, if targeted by the mafias for night kill, joins their team instead of dying.
So if lift were targeted night 2, he would know why there was no kill, and he would know who the kill target was night 3.

Aaaaand I was about to go on to say how a traitor might be a good way to balance a 14 player game and that there are probably good characters for traitors in Harry Potter, but I just recalled the "no cults no winning condition changes" rule that someone mentioned a moment ago, and I guess a traitor would be considered a role that changes winning condition.

ah well, outlandish as it was, it was appealing.

I think Lift's behaviour this Day is certainly fitting with scum lift -
the classic Lifthrasil "Just voting till I get a response [proceeds to take that player to lunch]
Aggressive playstyle,
mocking those who scumread him,
"it worked for trent"
and in reponse to pooka's claim he went for a direct charge, until...
...two arguments...
...that I don't find particularly compelling...
...allowed him to charge off in a different direction.

^ I don't think it was the weight of the 'evil onion' (which I don't know what that's about?) or the 'generally overlooked but good at heart' was what changed lift's mind. I think it was just that he encountered resistance.

I'm not saying that I don't think Pooka is Neville Longbottom, miller - it's perfectly plausible. I just fail to see a strong link between the character and the role - which lifthrasil asked for. I don't think he got it.

I don't see what Carradice sees when he states Lifthrasil has a towny feel.

Joppo, I have no real read on, other than he comes across as fairly sensible. My preference is lifthrasil, but I prefer joppo and trent over pooka and caesar. It's a fair point that we shouldn't allow him to fade into the background. I'll vote joppo or trent if lifthrasil is an impossible lunch.
trentonlf: At this point it looks like me or joppo will be lynched. I would still prefer Caesar or Lift over joppo, but at the point we are at we just need to start lynching the short pool of suspects (this includes me) and Town will probably win.
I want Lift as well at this point, but sadly everyone wants to move to you now(and some want Joppo....besides your vote now, that is). :|
==================================================

JoeSapphire: Joppo, I have no real read on, other than he comes across as fairly sensible. My preference is lifthrasil, but I prefer joppo and trent over pooka and caesar. It's a fair point that we shouldn't allow him to fade into the background. I'll vote joppo or trent if lifthrasil is an impossible lunch.
Everyone is moving to trent, now, though.....so we either move to him and get a lynch or risk a no lynch.

As I said before, if I get to D5 I plan on most likely voting for Lift again so there's no rush to get Lift now(if he is scum as I suspect).
@ Carradice - Mail? Or male?

@ all - Isn't Miller a policy lynch? Vote stays.

Won't be on before deadline.
agentcarr16: @ all - Isn't Miller a policy lynch? Vote stays.
I dunno(the role is new to me...first time i've heard of it iirc).

That said, you DO know that if you do so and that wagon doesn't take off it's essentially a vote for no lynch, right?

agentcarr16: Won't be on before deadline.
Then why not assure we get a lynch?

But eh, no worries....there's hopefully more than enough players to get it anyways.
Alright. I see I am suspected due to not being exactly a constant poster, if I am to make an understatement. Huh. (although I posted at least thrice yesterday, and one of them was a huge post. Given I have just an 8 hours window of opportunity to use Gog during weekdays I'd say I made the most I could to not lurk.)

Not surprised with the suspicions, really. I would suspect me if I were in your shoes as well. So I can't exactly call an OMGUS on Lift for this - although I agree with GR that it is odd how someone who is the person most close to lynch/claim can somehow start a wagon on another and see the heat on them moved elsewhere instead of defending themselves.

I have no problem with claiming, although I agree with Lift (huh) that it is too late in this day for that. If we pursue that train of thought we'll end up with a Nolynch while we try to gather everyone on a Caesar wagon, then a Lift wagon, then a discussion that ends nowhere. So I say we should leave that for early D5.

I have my concerns with Pooka's claim, in the sense that it needs a lot of "squinting" to try and fit Neville to a Miller. It is far more bizarre than making Percy Weasley an IC, but OTOH just because I can't see the link doesn't mean ZFR can't either. At least Carradice can, maybe he thinks more like ZFR than I do.
So Pooka's claim feels like garbage to me but he has at least enough cred that I don't want to pursue a lynch right now. Doubly so because we risk the Nolynch.

The pool of lynchable isn't too big really. Caesar, Pooka, Trent and me. Caesar is the most likely to be scum in my eyes, followed by Pooka and then Trent. But since it seems to be too late to get a Caesar or even a Pooka wagon up to 6 votes I guess I'll have to vote Trent.
agentcarr16: @ Carradice - Mail? Or male?
Oh that's what that was. I was wondering if it was some code word... "initiate operation mail agent carr!"

agentcarr16: @ all - Isn't Miller a policy lynch? Vote stays.

Whose policy? I think in this situation there's reason to stay the rope, for at least a little while.

GameRager: Everyone is moving to trent, now, though.....so we either move to him and get a lynch or risk a no lynch.
If you, me, trent, micro, joppo and caesar are all not unwilling to lynch lifthrasil then it's not risking a no lynch. Stand your ground man! Have a bit of conviction!
joppo: Not surprised with the suspicions, really. I would suspect me if I were in your shoes as well. So I can't exactly call an OMGUS on Lift for this - although I agree with GR that it is odd how someone who is the person most close to lynch/claim can somehow start a wagon on another and see the heat on them moved elsewhere instead of defending themselves.
Tis odd....make sure to make note of it in the future when adjusting your own scum/town charts. :)

joppo: The pool of lynchable isn't too big really. Caesar, Pooka, Trent and me. Caesar is the most likely to be scum in my eyes, followed by Pooka and then Trent. But since it seems to be too late to get a Caesar or even a Pooka wagon up to 6 votes I guess I'll have to vote Trent.
Then make sure and do so and help us decrease the surplus(mafia player) population. ;)
agentcarr16: @ Carradice - Mail? Or male?

@ all - Isn't Miller a policy lynch? Vote stays.

If there’s a Cop in play you don’t want a Miller also as it taints the reads, but seeing as the Cop can’t do anymore reads the Miller is not a real factor anymore.
JoeSapphire: If you, me, trent, micro, joppo and caesar are all not unwilling to lynch lifthrasil then it's not risking a no lynch. Stand your ground man! Have a bit of conviction!
I am standing my ground.....bang bang bang on the scum with my magic gun wand(or wand gun?). :D

Also conviction? Convection? Condor alpha niner niner over and out. o.0 :D

(That line above is just silly speak, in case anyone didn't get that)
joppo: The pool of lynchable isn't too big really. Caesar, Pooka, Trent and me.
and LIFTHRASIL
JoeSapphire: and LIFTHRASIL
To be fair he DID say Lift was suspect for the same reasons I did..so he did mention him.