It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: -We know that we didn't have any death besides that of SPF in that Night. So the scum kill was somehow prevented. Before your claim, there were several equally valid theories possible: either a PGO was targeted by SPF or the scum-kill was redirected to SPF or SPF was killed before he could perform the scum NK or the scum NK was somehow prevented and SPF's death was unrelated to the missing kill.
Carradice: After consulting with Professor ZFR, it turns out that if someone, for example, is casting a spell and on the same night he is being targeted by a NK, the spell will be cast nonetheless.
I can’t speak for ZFR, and I would never try to, but there’s should always be an order of operation for actions. Kills would happen simultaneously so any kill actions would happen if submitted the same night unless they were blocked somehow.
Lifthrasil: -We know that we didn't have any death besides that of SPF in that Night. So the scum kill was somehow prevented. Before your claim, there were several equally valid theories possible: either a PGO was targeted by SPF or the scum-kill was redirected to SPF or SPF was killed before he could perform the scum NK or the scum NK was somehow prevented and SPF's death was unrelated to the missing kill.
Carradice: After consulting with Professor ZFR, it turns out that if someone, for example, is casting a spell and on the same night he is being targeted by a NK, the spell will be cast nonetheless.
OK. Thanks for sharing. That means either SPF was blocked as well as killed that Night or the scum target was protected by another protective role or something similar. And yes, I disregard the possibility that the missing scum was blocked that Night, because then the Blocker would already have told us so.

@Consul: no, I'm not going to claim just like that. It's quite (role)-fishy of you that you ask for all those claims. Did I clear you prematurely? Are you on the hunt for those still hidden Town roles? Then it would be natural that you are more interested in my and trent's claim (which you assumed hadn't claimed yet) then in Pooka's, after Pooka corrected me and soft-claimed having a weak or no role. Especially if there is another blocker (or another investigative role) that must be very worrying to the remaining scum! So, are you worried and is that the reason why you ask for claims?
Lifthrasil: Well if you'd like to 'hear' trent's claim [...] He claimed quite some time ago. Not really following who has already claimed, are we?

Are you that neutral survivor after all that you told us not to worry about?
Ouch!

@Joppo: Notice the slash and how it was admitted that it was being written from memory. The example of Flocke was inaccurate, but the example of Micro was even more powerful, since he was a fully-claimed Innocent Child. The meaning is sustained.

Anyway, it is OK to check statements, of course.

trentonlf: I can’t speak for ZFR, and I would never try to, but there’s should always be an order of operation for actions. Kills would happen simultaneously so any kill actions would happen if submitted the same night unless they were blocked somehow.
That's what is being reckoned, apparently.

Also, note that if someone is casting an INVESTIGATIVE spell and he gets NKd in the same night, the spell will be cast, but he will NEVER have the chance to communicate the results.*

(Unless someone has a spell for speaking with the people who have already been knocked out, that is).
Lifthrasil: @Consul: no, I'm not going to claim just like that. It's quite (role)-fishy of you that you ask for all those claims. Did I clear you prematurely? Are you on the hunt for those still hidden Town roles? Then it would be natural that you are more interested in my and trent's claim (which you assumed hadn't claimed yet) then in Pooka's, after Pooka corrected me and soft-claimed having a weak or no role. Especially if there is another blocker (or another investigative role) that must be very worrying to the remaining scum! So, are you worried and is that the reason why you ask for claims?
It was because, as I said earlier this week, I saw trent as more suspicious than Pooka. You were just a bonus, but I didn't really expect you to claim out of the blue (man, you take jokes too seriously).
trentonlf: Kills would happen simultaneously so any kill actions would happen if submitted the same night unless they were blocked somehow.
Tbh, maybe special roles can kill and prevent a NK? even if a NK cannot prevent the victim from casting a spell. No idea.

@LIft: Caesar has been digging this way or that about other people's info since D1. Maybe he just feel curious? :3

The perfect match might be GR, who has shown signs of behaving somewhat like a name exhibitionist :D

What's a PGO?
Attachments:
OK, found about the PGO already. Also, it was explained before, just did not relate it to the acronym.
Not sure at all about the other guy (because, rejoice, we are looking for two, just in case).

Caesar, the low hanging fruit.

joppo, more lurky than not, stayed out of trouble carefully... He might be a first time player, but he has studied games thoroughly and he has been called shrewd in his analysis in the observer thread. Hum.

trent, biased here, not wanting him to be scum, even if they are haunted by their past.

Lift, has been sounding townie; the bandwagon on Agent was started by SPF, then Lift tunneled in. It seems to brazen to stay together like that.

Pooka, no idea.
Well, it might be all wrong and broken, but now a trio emerges.

Not happy about the bandwagon formed on Lift.

Three signs:

1. The bandwagon on Agent was started by SPF. The tunnelling on Agent is the worst that can be held against Lift.

2. The tiny slip, if it was meaningful at all, might indicate he is townie.

3. Has sounded consistently townie.

Just for you to consider.
Lifthrasil: snip.
Thank you for spelling it out. It does seem a lot better this way than as I had previously read it. Apologies.

Out of curiosity, was the contract negotiation IRL or a joke poking fun at SPF's post? If IRL, did it go well?

Thank you for the explanation that a cop is more important than an IC. That is useful.

@zfr unvote lift

Carradice: Actually imagined Lift typing with a furious countenance, but very slowly, one key at a time, with great care =)

We all have make mistakes now and then, both reading others's posts and writing ourselves (leaving ambiguous statements, etc).

In any case, bets are not allowed, but... it is raw haggis vs chocolate cookies that we still do not know everything that happened in all these nights. Who knows what might happen yet, too.
:D :D :D

Yes. It was a slightly unfortunate choice of wording, but I agree that it is explainable, especially when mixed with very tired reading.

UGH vs YUCK!

My case vs Pooka resides on heavy gut feeling D1. I claimed something we had discussed multiple times in PMs and it was never considered. Honest mistake? Maybe. At the time it just screamed "error, this does not compute."

I am now wondering about our silent(er) Duo of Joppo & Caesar.
Must not underestimate either of them. Caesar might be hiding behind "not having played in forever and thus being new to this" but any D1 exemption has long worn off and he could have been a master player back yonder.
Joppo has been shrewd, having fingered scum successfully in previous games. I wonder what Observer!Joppo would say differently right now than Player!Joppo is.
Trent: claimed a role great to hide behind--VT with a name noone recognizes.
We've already established our 4 main names have yet to be claimed, all by town.
Lift seems town, have had him town most of the game except for a misunderstanding last night/early today.

I know from experience (1st or 2nd-hand) that Trent Pooka & Lift are capable of sounding like the towniest town while being scum.

@pooka I hate to do this but the deadline is fast approaching, and you've been flying under the radar on a level equal with caesar...
claim please because I am (for want of anything better and to avoid lack of lunch)

@zfr voting for The Pooks
JoeSapphire: No-one said they targeted GameRager.
No, but it's possible I was Rwarehall's protection choice before he died.
==========================================================

PookaMustard: Hmm, a wagon's forming on me, with GR joining in for the "claim train."
Well the name rhymed and fit what we seem to be doing this "day".....i.e. getting unconfirmed players close to lynch so they'll claim or we lynch them. :)

PookaMustard: OK. Revealing my role won't help Town, and won't save me from getting lynched instead of someone who is, you know, actually scummy. But if you insist to know, I need 5 players to confirm they want to know my role. Just quote this post and reply with a yes.
Thing is, it could help.....as in if you are town and you avoid getting lynched "today" then you could either be one more person we have to act as a "buffer"(along with all the other lock or near-lock town, of course) against future NKs, and/or(if you are town, don't get lynched, and don't get NKd) then you'd be one more vote we could bring to bear against the actual scum.

So saying that I then say this: Once you get perhaps 1 more vote(I thought my vote would put you closer to "claim range"...my mistake) I think that YES, you should claim. I say this, btw, as we have only around 24 IRL hours to go till deadline and need to know if we should change course to someone else or not while we have time to do so.
============================================================

Carradice: @GR: Clearly you wish to reveal your true name for the fun of it, not for tactical reasons :D
We are winning this but still we might lose. Why give away even the tiniest edge?
Because I play MAINLY for fun.....not to just win.

To me, playing just to win/weighing everything at every single juncture/decision point so carefully(Like some sort or robot or[as the new generation says] an NPC running on programming with seemingly little room for doing anything fun or different) is very boring and un-fun, so I like to do things that aren't the optimal choice (yet won't vastly negatively affect my team, so as to be a good sport/etc) at some junctures/points TO have that desired fun.

In summary, my reason for doing so is like that of others that dislike meta play(in both this game and prior ones)....to them, playing in such a way is game breaking and/or boring....well to me, playing the "most town" or "most optimal" way(according to the wiki, veteran players, etc) is boring as well many times, so I go a different route sometimes. :)

(@OP: Above bolded bit is NOT a vote)

Carradice: About the role assigned to Percy, it was argued to death and it was accurate according to HP lore and yogs pushed heavily against it and time proved the assumption to be true and yogs lying, and you know all that and now you will say that you have bad memory. Ah, the fun you get ;-)
I get your point, but at that time Micro had less obvious crumbs set up, hadn't cleared several town/likely town, and hadn't helped lynch a scum as I did.....i.e. he was more of an uncertain variable(until he was proven town by OP).

In my case if I did drop a name it wouldn't be called as much into doubt, most likely, as most seem to have me as near certain town.

Also being near-lock town I am likely on scum's short list of possible NKs anyways, and as such I want to reveal such MYSELF & have some fun with it before a possible NK against me that cannot be protected. :)

Carradice: @Agent: mail.
(In case any town wonder, the above is just fluff posting and not a clue filled link like in the past :D)
========================================================

Lifthrasil: Yes, you did. As Carradice just pointed out. Are you now saying, that you didn't protect GR?
I think Joe meant they see their protection of me as just that: A PROTECTION, not a TARGETING(even though it is technically a targeting)....of course yes, it could also have been a "flub"/derp on their part & they could be scum.
=========================================================

JoeSapphire: I wouldn't assume GR was the target - we had no kill on Night 2 either, so there's some other element in play also.
With how loud(not the mafia term) I was prior to that, it was very likely all but certain that scum would've assumed I was a regular cop and tried getting rid of me as a result. Also as Lift said prior to this post of yours, scum likely wouldn't pass on a NK chance given their current status.

(As for N2, what if only one scum can make the NK on a rotating basis and SPF was the one slotted for that "night" before he got killed off?)

JoeSapphire: That you were working with the assumption that GameRager was targeted made me think you knew that he was.
Scum usually(if competent scum)go after either the town most likely to cause the most chaos among the other town(if they are the NK) OR they go after the biggest threat/likely threat to them.

To me, this is just Lift stating common sense and less AI.

joppo: When he wrote that "revealing my role won't save me from getting lynched" I saw it implied that he either is a vanilla townie or a weak PR that Town would consider an acceptable loss.
That could be what they meant.....but even if so it's better they claim at some point so we can change course if needed while there's still time to do so & so we can see if any other town counter it.

Microfish_1: @Lift how did you know, before or without crediting joe's claim, that GR had been protected? I personally see no reason anyone could have known GR was the target. I was (am) an equally valid target.
Maybe, but remember....I had more or less come out as cop by that point, so scum likely would've wanted to get rid of a potential investigative role(especially one that had ferreted out a scum) over yourself: a "mere" confirmed town with no other real powers to speak of. :)

(Of course it's likely they'd/they will come after all of us in time, one by one, as long as they have/had NKs)

Microfish_1: Carradice saw GR as maybe a cop, but if I had payed any attention to the breadcrumbs i would have seen it as a watcher with one ability left.
Thing is, I ALSO crumbed the word COP(in video and text form) a few times before that...so with ALL the crumbs or most of them it'd be easy to puzzle out my role being cop rather than watcher. :)
===========================================================

Microfish_1: Lets put the kettle on,
and make a pot of tea,
for some tea would fit that spot
in my tum or loose this knot!
So you're going on a smaller wagon when we haven't even gotten this one to claim yet?

Yer call, but we DO only have so many hours left to go(IRL time) till deadline, so I hope you know what you're doing and the wagon builds fast enough on someone(of the main wagons) so we can avoid the nolynch.

PookaMustard: Again, revealing my role won't help Town and won't save me from a lynch. In fact, Joppo's assessment of my post is spot on, and I'm already afraid that scum no longer have me on the list of future nightkillls. So I'm naturally not going to claim unless a good chunk of players ask for it.
It would(even if vanilla yet believable) allow us to pick a new main suspect from the pool of choices before deadline comes too close, and possibly allow any town that have the name you claim(if you're scum) to counter....so yes, it likely could help...though it's up to you at this point.

(Though I still think you should claim eventually, as per my prior reply to this)
Done to post 1173.....will post more as soon as I can write such replies up, and if someone would be so kind as to provide a bump. :)

(@OP: Above is NOT a vote)
OK, fine, let's claim. Not so much time left, and I'm going to get lynched anyway.

I am Neville Longbottom (Gryfindor), Town Miller.

Breadcrumbs:
PookaMustard: A side note...an Epic Cop...that certainly isn't a run of the mill role, huh. That, with RWarehall's flip, makes me think this game is probably Role Madness.
PookaMustard: OK. After thinking about it a bit, I'm not lynching Microfish. Here's why.
- He claimed he's a Day 4 Innocent Child. If he makes it as long as Day 4 yet his innocence isn't broadcast, he's as good as dead.
[snip]
I'm more interested in lynching Joe, who instead of using compelling arguments to prove why I'm scum, he's scraping the bottom of the barrel with lOoK aT mE i'M sO tOwN
Fun fact: the Epic cop, RWarehall's flip and my own role is how I came to the conclusion the game is probably Role Madness, and this is only reinforced by further claims and flips.

So there it is. I know that as a claim, it won't save me or help lynch someone who is actually scummy and not a distraction, but make of it what you will. I may have failed to get myself nightkilled by the mafiosos, but I can't say I didn't have fun this game.
PookaMustard: OK, fine, let's claim. Not so much time left, and I'm going to get lynched anyway.

I am Neville Longbottom (Gryfindor), Town Miller.
I don't believe that claim. Breadcrumbs can be faked. Miller is an awfully convenient claim just in case that the Cop has another shot left after all or another investigator is around - and Miller doesn't fit Neville the least bit. Neville may have been seen as clumsy or a bit stupid or as timid. But surely he never was in any way seen as slytherin. Or as Death Eater. Or anything evil. He was in Dumbledore's Army from the beginning and was always a staunch Gryffindor.

Now, I know, flavour isn't everything. But with the other roles at least after some deliberation we found the match between name and role. As trent pointed out: names do have bearing in this game. The mod even said so. So unless someone can explain to me how Neville fits as someone who would appear as Scum even though he is not, my vote stays.
JoeSapphire: Don't be nasty, Lift
Eh, it's part of the game, and imo it's not as "nasty" as some players have been/gotten in some games i've played.....plus as others will likely also say it's part of the game to do so a bit(as long as one isn't trying to be overly mean, that is). :)

Lifthrasil: Why not? Being nasty is sometimes fun and since I'm not scum, I don't have to pretend being nice. ;-)
This....it's good and often desirable to be civil in these games, but we cannot be expected to all just sit around at all hours drinking magikal teas(or booze potions in my case) while singing "Hogwarts save the potter", now can we? :D

Lifthrasil: That being said, I understand that my use of KNOW was unfortunate.
KNOW?

Lifthrasil: So before you all get hung up on semantics perhaps it's better if you just lynch me. We have the leeway for a mislynch today and perhaps you can analyze tomorrow who of the unconfirmed players behaved most scummy while that mislynch was going on. I would prefer, of course, not to be lynched and I'm not going to self vote or give up in frustration. But like trent, I don't want to be too much of a distraction.
This gives you a few more town points in my book. :)

Lifthrasil: You decide how much emphasis you put on semantics.
About as much as you put on LAL on D1? ;)
=========================================================

Carradice: In any case, bets are not allowed, but... it is raw haggis vs chocolate cookies that we still do not know everything that happened in all these nights. Who knows what might happen yet, too.
That reminds me of a set of lines by Dumbledore in the games/films....where he says he once came upon a room of chocolate frogs, and when he went back it was full of(iirc) fire crabs. o.0 :D

Lifthrasil: Everyone other than me will of course have to include me in the lynch pool as well. So that would make the pool Pooka, trent, Joppo and me for today. It's just important that we get to an agreement before the deadline.
This also give you a few town points imo, and AGREED....we need to get to an agreement before deadline.....I also find it odd, btw, that we have so many lock or near-lock town and cannot get any other player close to lynch...is odd, it is. :\
========================================================

ConsulCaesar: I think I missed that post. Thanks for pointing out?

BTW if you claim I promise not to forget. ;)
You could do like I now do in new games & keep a wordpad/notepad on such on your PC, or even write it out on ACTUAL PAPER. :D

ConsulCaesar: And I'm not a survivor nor a neutral. But if there is one, with no killing or recruiting powers, would they be that dangerous right now? Catching mafia as soon as possible would be their best bet to win.
This bit makes me want to note this post of your in my notepad.....just in case you DO turn out to be that third party later. :)

Carradice: The perfect match might be GR, who has shown signs of behaving somewhat like a name exhibitionist :D
Eh, as I said in the reply I made before this one, I love playing more for fun, and playing it too safe when my team has what seems to be a decent sized advantage seems less fun to me. ;)

Carradice: Not happy about the bandwagon formed on Lift.
Two replies, one silly and one serious.

First the serious: We need to lynch SOMEONE to shrink the potential pool of places for scum to hide, so his lynch would likely be almost as good as any other from that pool of players. (Relevant bits at 0:09 and 0:17 by the old man :))

To carradice: Now get back to prepping them beds for new hospital wing patients. :p ;D
==============================================================

PookaMustard: OK, fine, let's claim. Not so much time left, and I'm going to get lynched anyway.
Never be so sure of anything in such games/give up too easily. :)

PookaMustard: I am Neville Longbottom (Gryfindor), Town Miller.
I find it convenient(after looking up the role) that your role is one that(if investigated) could show a town you to be scum, even if you weren't.

Also the role seems a bit "bastard-y"...anyone else think this?

PookaMustard: Breadcrumbs:
Hmm, these seem to check out.....though i'm shocked/puzzled that you didn't leave more crumbs than that(was it because you were sick IRL?).

What to do...what to do.

PookaMustard: So there it is. I know that as a claim, it won't save me or help lynch someone who is actually scummy and not a distraction, but make of it what you will. I may have failed to get myself nightkilled by the mafiosos, but I can't say I didn't have fun this game.
Well at least you've had fun so far. :)

Ya know what....i'll give you a chance(for now):

Unvotus Pooka

And to make sure SOMEONE gets lynched:

Votus Lift

(While Lift has gained some town points with me, some of his past actions from prior "days" left a slight bad taste in my mouth, and we have no other real wagons atm besides Pooka's vote on trent....so unless someone can get a better wagon going my vote will likely stay where it is)

(Also @ Pooka: Ignore the calls from me for you to claim in this post, as you have already done so & too lazy to edit it out)
===============================================================

*Done for now....will stay on for a bit, though, to see how the wagons develop/shift*
PookaMustard: snip
hmm. thanks for the claim. I'd never heard of that role before.
+ It would help balance the game out a bit
- not provable by the cop if he has anything else left, and thus as The Pooka Himself said, easy for scum to hide behind.

Neville was considered to be a squid, which would explain the fishy aspect of this claim.... :D
(I mean, of course, squib, eg little magic potential, which would fit a miller).

Thoughts? Anyone want to contradict this? If true, I'm glad GR didn't spend a shot on Pooka.

Anyone: EOD is when vs now (in hours, preferably)?

Vote count please?

Would switch to trent caesar or joppo if a train on them develops.

If we do a mass name claim, I insist that caesar & joppo claim first, followed by lift, followed by the others.

@Pooka: it has been lots of fun playing with you, so if either of us is kicked before tomorrow, I want you to know that now.
@everyone: This game has been a lot of fun (even Lift's frowny-faced, typed-with-one-finger message) and I am glad I was able to take part--thank you! I look forward to the next time.

@Lift, I forgot to say it explicitly, but thank you for the whole hypothetical syllogism, not just the premiss and fini.
This role weakens the cop role. With cop availability restricted to a handful of shots, it might seem likely that, together with the existence of a miller, the powers available to the remaining scum are more fanciful than those of a GF, probably (a GF would not represent that much power, with investigation so limited, and it might be too boring in this setting anyway...)

The name has some weight. On pair with the twins, or more. This is a "respectable" name.

Let's not launch Pooka?

Micro's other best options were Caesar, joppo...?