It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

joppo: I think this needs some emphasis. If we fall into that trap we risk subconsciously sorta stop looking for the current day's scumminess if it isn't coming from the player that is the previously "scheduled" lynch.
Going by GR's scenario, by the time it would be time to lynch Pooka there could be another player slowly leaning scummier and we are just not looking anymore because we're already locked to Pooka.
Please note that was a bit of a brainfart by me.....I meant we should lynch someone(anyone that's scummiest) from the non-lock(or near lock) town, and then another & so on....etc....until we win.

joppo: Pooka: Pooka has been very firm to not let Trent walk scot free after he behaved scummy enough to point at himself like the player he would lynch if he were in anyone else's position. The problem I see with Pooka however is that one of his main arguments is Flocke's code which as I said before I don't believe has any merit, not because N0 is impossible or unlikely but because scum has nothing to gain by drawing attention to their communications when it is so simple to just arrange a more covert code.
He also doesn't consider Lift's argument that Trent is both experienced enough not to need and proud enough not to want to be coached by Yogsloth, which I suppose must be true because other veterans didn't refute.
Despite that, Trent might as well be scum and maybe Town!Pooka stumbled upon the truth after following what I consider a false lead. (That happens a lot in police work IRL.)
OTOH, Scum!Pooka could be seeing Trent as an easy lynch. Would he?
I dunno for sure, vbut all the back-forth between the two made me want to do a "Dr. Loveless" and bag em both at some point, and is why they are on my list near the top atm.

joppo: 1) - Nope, a survivor has to survive until the end of the game to win. Like others said it's the Jester you're thinking of but that's a terrible bastard role according to the wiki. I don't think ZFR would out it, and I think Trent would do a much better job if he wanted to guarantee his own lynch.
With all the PRs & how unique some are(imo) I wouldn't put it past him/rule it out entirely, for now anyways.

As for Trent: He could be getting burnt out on the game and want a quick end to it(for himself at least) like others posited....sad if true, but imo understandable if one plays too many of these games. :|

joppo: I also think we should consider there are two scum. If the game is over after we lynch one that's great; but let's play it safe shall we?
I am gonna respectfully decline, though I WILL at least be open to the likely third party possibly being bad for town to lynch. :)

joppo: Man, if this wasn't coming from a confirmed player it would look absurdly scummy.
Maybe a bit suspect, but imo it's more NAI(could be used by either side).

joppo: Follow up to come in much less time
I call a bit of bullspit on this....it's been 1 WHOLE HOUR and no more posts from you.....you must be the SCUMMMMMMMMMMMM! o.0 ;D

(To all: The above line is a joke, not serious :))
==================================================================

PookaMustard: Was going to post this from work but the break ended.
Then what are doing here, wage slave#2-4601? o.0

Rudy says: "Back to work, back to work....everybody work work *bzzt* work work"

;D

PookaMustard: @all boy the commute was terrible yesterday. It's much better today, but I'm still really not a fan of going out into the middle of the city early at morning and then ending up just an hour or two away from sleep. Job's still fun, but I'd really appreciate being closer!
Solution: Invent teleportation(magical is preferred, given the current game setting, but doom style would be ok as well[sans the demons of course]).

That or move closer. ;)

PookaMustard: I forgot something else I wanted to write in the morning, but here is a thing for you all: I'm going to toss a coin in no automation of lynch policy. Lynch the one who looks the scummiest, not the one who pushed for another's lynch.
Ok then :)
Lifthrasil: The more I think about it, the more I really want an answer to why Joe panicked in the way he did after Yogs outed himself as Scum.
JoeSapphire: Because I wrote a vote, and then started writing out some analysis and by the time I went to post my vote the wagon had doubled (as I understood it, actually it had grown by 2/5, but I had missed carradice's vote.
I thought I understood what gamerager was getting at with his 101%, but I hadn't read his whole post (sorry gamerager) so I hadn't realised how obvious he was being. I wasn't expecting Yogsloth to self vote and I didn't understand what he meant. When I don't understand why something is, I question it, doubt myself, experience feelings of sudden dread etc.

How do you explain my panicking from scum-Joe? I went to place the third vote on my buddy's wagon, and then panicked when it looked like he might be lynched?
Why are you surprised by Joe panicking? I believe we have played games together before.
I'm not surprised by you panicking. But still you need a reason for that. And yes, that was my suspicion. That you thought you would put an innocent distancing third vote on Yogs - and then you noticed that he had self-voted and was actually in danger of being a very soon lynch.

Only you didn't place the third vote. You hammered and then panicked. You miscounted and didn't realize that you already had hammered before unvoting. Otherwise you would have deleted your vote before sending the post instead of unvoting. You know the rules, no amount of unvoting will undo a hammer.

So, the unvote was pointless and there was no reason for Town to panic. GR had already revealed Yogs, you even cited his 101% and said that you understand what he meant. A self-vote is something very scummy in most situations as well. So Yogs was very obvious and even as good as admitted scum. And yet you tried to prevent his lynch. Only after you realized that you already had hammered, you put your vote back.

And then trent appeared beating a dead horse (post-hammering an already hammered target).

One of the two of you is not making a lot of sense. The other one is probably scum. But if you both should be Town, you both have dropped the ball quite a bit this game. (Sorry, no offense meant).

@trent: if you are Town, I get that you are frustrated by having made several errors. But why give up and stop caring about the game? Town is actually in a very good position! There's no reason to give up now. - The only one(s) who has/have cause for distress right now is/are the remaining scum.

@agent: in your case I understand your frustration with the game even less. You are mostly cleared, Town is in a good position. So why the dejection?

JoeSapphire: ...
@Joe: I see that you chose not to claim at L-2. I still see you and trent as valid targets. Of course it is possible that you are both Town and I am willing to consider alternatives. However, I think we need your claim to help decide whether to lynch you or not. And if you need to be at L-1 to claim, then so be it.

pleasus claimus JoeSapphire

@all: DON'T HAMMER HIM BEFORE HE HAD A CHANCE TO REPLY!
Lifthrasil: I'm not surprised by you panicking. But still you need a reason for that. And yes, that was my suspicion. That you thought you would put an innocent distancing third vote on Yogs - and then you noticed that he had self-voted and was actually in danger of being a very soon lynch.

Only you didn't place the third vote. You hammered and then panicked. You miscounted and didn't realize that you already had hammered before unvoting. Otherwise you would have deleted your vote before sending the post instead of unvoting. You know the rules, no amount of unvoting will undo a hammer.

So, the unvote was pointless and there was no reason for Town to panic. GR had already revealed Yogs, you even cited his 101% and said that you understand what he meant. A self-vote is something very scummy in most situations as well. So Yogs was very obvious and even as good as admitted scum. And yet you tried to prevent his lynch. Only after you realized that you already had hammered, you put your vote back.

And then trent appeared beating a dead horse (post-hammering an already hammered target).

One of the two of you is not making a lot of sense. The other one is probably scum. But if you both should be Town, you both have dropped the ball quite a bit this game. (Sorry, no offense meant).
You make some good points in this bit.....hopefully Joe will come and claim/try to prove his townness soon enough.

Lifthrasil: @trent: if you are Town, I get that you are frustrated by having made several errors. But why give up and stop caring about the game? Town is actually in a very good position! There's no reason to give up now. - The only one(s) who has/have cause for distress right now is/are the remaining scum.
Trent seems to be one of those types of players that gets disinterested in a game if it isn't how they want it for the most part or if said game goes in a direction they dislike.....it happens.

(Note to all including Trent: The above line is just me musing and not meant to be taken as an insult :))

Lifthrasil: @Joe: I see that you chose not to claim at L-2. I still see you and trent as valid targets. Of course it is possible that you are both Town and I am willing to consider alternatives. However, I think we need your claim to help decide whether to lynch you or not. And if you need to be at L-1 to claim, then so be it.

@all: DON'T HAMMER HIM BEFORE HE HAD A CHANCE TO REPLY!
I second this....LET US ALL give Joe a good chance to claim and then weight that before anyone hammers(we have more than enough IRL time atm to change course, if needed).

(@OP: Above bit is NOT a vote)
PookaMustard: I forgot something else I wanted to write in the morning, but here is a thing for you all: I'm going to toss a coin
*Turns slowly towards to Pooka*

Why did you have to say that...

And now... for a completely accurate and veridical tale (YMMV)...

Crossoverus Lyricus!!!

TOSS A COIN TO YOUR LYNCHER

When a humble bard
Grazed a ride along
With G of R
Along came this song

From when the three-shot fought
A silver-tongued devil
His army of helpers
In their scumchat they revel

They came after me
With masterful deceit
Gave me bad data
And called me LAMIST

While the gallows haunt
A Child with much heat
The crumbs of the Lyncher
Searchers will meet

Toss a coin to your Lyncher
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
Toss a coin to Your Lyncher
O’ Valley of Plenty

He takes his monocl'
That he had stored
Investigates people
And gives you a draft

He uses himself
The potions on the shelf
Lost a very brave bodyguard,
Cleared one or two names

He wiped out your pest
Cleaned the viper's nest
He's a friend of the Townies
So give him a rest

That's my epic tale
A champion prevailed
Defeated the Slytherin
You cannot complain

O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
And friend of the Townies

O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty

O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
Vote Count

Joe 5 - Carradice, trent, GameRager, Caesar, Lift
trent 1 - Pooka
Pooka 1 - Joe

Joe is closest at L-1

Not voting - Micro, joppo, agent

10 Players. Takes 6 to lynch.
Carradice: *Turns slowly towards to Pooka*

Eh, right now it seems as good as any a solution when picking from one's top scum/the top scum picks overall. :)

Carradice: And now... for a completely accurate and veridical tale (YMMV)

Crossoverus Lyricus!!!

When a humble bard
Grazed a ride along
With G of R
Along came this song
Including the parts I snipped(to save space), this has got to be the BEST(or cone of the best) bits of flavor/fluff mentioning me in such games that i've ever seen(well this plus perhaps Pooka's end of SH game flavor re: the feast for the players/etc) and can recall.

I tip my cap to you, good sir *tips cap and bows*

(@OP: Above bit is NOT a vote)
trentonlf: Who do you most suspect?
Joe.

It's mostly POE at this point.

I'm convinced GR, Carradice, and Micro are Town.

I don't want to believe that trent is Scum.

I think Lift is Town, despite what I perceive as anti-Town play in his tunneling.

That leaves Consul, Joe, Joppo, and Pooka. Of those, I have leaning Consul and Joppo leaning more Town than the others. So willing to vote Joe or Pooka.

Well, guess I've convinced myself that I'd hammer Joe, depending on his claim.

PookaMustard: I forgot something else I wanted to write in the morning, but here is a thing for you all: I'm going to toss a coin
Carradice: *Turns slowly towards to Pooka*

And now... for a completely accurate and veridical tale (YMMV)...

Crossoverus Lyricus!!!

When a humble bard
Grazed a ride along
With G of R
Along came this song

From when the three-shot fought
A silver-tongued devil
His army of helpers
In their scumchat they revel

They came after me
With masterful deceit
Gave me bad data
And called me LAMIST

While the gallows haunt
A Child with much heat
The crumbs of the Lyncher
Searchers will meet

O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty

He takes his monocl'
That he had stored
Investigates people
And gives you a draft

He uses himself
The potions on the shelf
Lost a very brave bodyguard,
Cleared one or two names

He wiped out your pest
Cleaned the viper's nest
He's a friend of the Townies
So give him a rest

That's my epic tale
A champion prevailed
Defeated the Slytherin
You cannot complain

O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty

O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty

O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
O’ Valley of Plenty
I don't think I've ever been more impressed with a single post.
Carradice: => @all: It would be nice if people who where on Micro's and Flocke's bandwagons commented on why did it seem like a good idea. Especially, people who feel that this explanation might help them somehow.
I do not feel like it will help me, but I will tell:

Microfish I wasn't on his wagon until the very end of Day One, is that right? I only voted him to avoid no-lynch. Did I vote him Day Two? I can't remember now - I think I did because I remember thinking we'll be faffing around with microfish all day if we don't get this claim sorted early.

FlockSchnee - I voted because Yogsloth called him out on his lurkiness.
FlockSchnee's lurkiness did seem to be getting ridiculous (not that I was in a much better position Day One and Two), then I had a really busy time and barely had time to keep up with the game and by the time I got back the wagon was built and though I thought FlockSchnee would likely be town, I wanted to see his flip because I wanted to see what Yogsloth would do - if his confidence was well-placed, or if, upon seeing the flip he'd find another victim to barrel toward shouting.

PookaMustard: I forgot something else I wanted to write in the morning, but here is a thing for you all: I'm going to toss a coin in no automation of lynch policy. Lynch the one who looks the scummiest, not the one who pushed for another's lynch.
As in - don't listen to people when they say "If you lynch me, make sure you lynch flubbucket tomorrow!" for example? I agree.

PookaMustard: @Joe Nice catch on Caesar's derpclear. These posts are what I'd like to see more from you, not those that are based on my language.
Hopefully I'll do more of both. I mean, the Caesar's derpclear was just me remembering something that I said on Day One - just we can see that it has more merit now that we know more of the setup - so I guess I have been doing these posts from the beginning?

Lifthrasil: One of the two of you is not making a lot of sense. The other one is probably scum. But if you both should be Town, you both have dropped the ball quite a bit this game. (Sorry, no offense meant).
So when I get mislynched it's my fault, not yours? Pretty sure this is scum lift.

trentonlf:
Trent, I asked you a question:

trentonlf: Carradice makes a convincing argument
What is Carradice's argument? Can you summarise it for me?

Lifthrasil: I'm not surprised by you panicking. But still you need a reason for that. And yes, that was my suspicion. That you thought you would put an innocent distancing third vote on Yogs - and then you noticed that he had self-voted and was actually in danger of being a very soon lynch
Lift no.
If I was putting the third vote on him after suspecting him of being copped, I KNOW he is in danger of being lynched.

If I KNOW FOR CERTAIN Yogsloth is scum, and his lynch would panic me I'm going to do my panicking before I start writing that post. Not after he gives himself up.

If I knew exactly what he meant because we were scumbuddies, his self-vote would NOT make me panic. It would probably just make me sigh wearily.

ANYHOW, there's not much point in trying to delay this claim any longer.

I'm Fred & George Weasely, Gryffindor, Town Jack-Of-All-Trades. The twins have snuck a bunch of experimental wands onto the field and are tag-teaming.

Night One I psychoanalysed GameRager (about time somebody did, am I right GR? ;) )

Night Three I protected GameRager

Am I forgetting something? Oh Yeah! Night Two I vig'ed SirPrimalform.

unvotus PookaMustard

pwn Lifthrasil
Unvotus Joe

(I see he had posted something that seems MAYBE legit[am reading it all now] and I want to be able to read it BEFORE he possibly gets hammered.....if I feel he's still scummy i'll put the vote back on if need be later)
agentcarr16: Well, guess I've convinced myself that I'd hammer Joe, depending on his claim
A shame you went off....as Joe posted a bit after your post....when you get back i'd like to know what you think of it. :)

agentcarr16: I don't think I've ever been more impressed with a single post.
I know, right? :D
=====================================================

Now onto "JOE CLAIM POST 2020"

JoeSapphire: As in - don't listen to people when they say "If you lynch me, make sure you lynch flubbucket tomorrow!" for example? I agree.
Eh, I still think people's reads(if they flip town) should at least be considered a tiny bit when picking the next "day's" lynch choice, etc.

JoeSapphire: Hopefully I'll do more of both. I mean, the Caesar's derpclear was just me remembering something that I said on Day One - just we can see that it has more merit now that we know more of the setup - so I guess I have been doing these posts from the beginning?
Could you(or someone else) explain what the derpclear was(what post/posts and why) for Caesar?

JoeSapphire: If I KNOW FOR CERTAIN Yogsloth is scum, and his lynch would panic me I'm going to do my panicking before I start writing that post. Not after he gives himself up.

If I knew exactly what he meant because we were scumbuddies, his self-vote would NOT make me panic. It would probably just make me sigh wearily.
I call doubt on this, if just a bit.....if I were scum i'd likely be in full on panic mode if 1 scum buddy had been killed and another was about to be lynched.

JoeSapphire: I'm Fred & George Weasely, Gryffindor, Town Jack-Of-All-Trades. The twins have snuck a bunch of experimental wands onto the field and are tag-teaming.

Night One I psychoanalysed GameRager (about time somebody did, am I right GR? ;) )

Night Three I protected GameRager

Am I forgetting something? Oh Yeah! Night Two I vig'ed SirPrimalform.
Now that you've claimed, some questions:

1. Why did you pick me on Night One? Did you catch the few crumbs from D1 or was it just random chance? And if you caught the crumbs, tell me which posts stood out so I can verify.

2. Why did you pick SPF on Night 2? Suspicion or(again) random choice/luck?

3. Why did you protect me on Night Three? Again, it was any posts by me point them out so I can verify you did see them.

4. And also most importantly: Do you have any powers left? And if yes, then who do you intend to use any possible remaining powers on on N4(if you live till then and beyond) and why?
========================================================

*Well i'm done for now.....Joe's claim gives me a bit of pause(especially if he is town and has powers left that could be useful to town), and I wonder if he might be the third party or not......will go to do chores around the house and shop at the supermarket(i'm a night owl sometimes IRL).....if need be i'll revote after another 2 IRL hours or so have passed at the earliest*

(@OP: Above bolded bit in this post is NOT a vote)
JoeSapphire: Trent, I asked you a question:

What is Carradice's argument? Can you summarise it for me?
Sorry Joe, I did not mean to ignore you. I missed your questions :(
The part of the argument that stuck out to me was when she said you were all over the place, and I thought I might be misreading it when I said you were questioning the little things and I thought as scum you would not be doing that but joking more. With how off I've been this game I started second guessing my read on you.

Can I ask why Lift? I've had him in my top 4 most of the game, but what is your reasoning?

Unvote JoeSapphire
welp. I had been going to fill out the somehow-scummy form (no clue how, but they said it was, so....) as follows:

I'd like to take [Joe] to lunch.

Strict reasoning says [Trent] might be better from a "clearing the picture" angle, but I suspect [Joe] is more suspect and gives a higher chance of finding scum.
HOWEVER...
=========================
I am not --repeat NOT gonna vote Joe for 24 hours, to give anyone a chance to counterclaim.
Micro looks sternly at Caesar Joppo Trent Pooka Carradice & Lift.

If any of you did the night lunching, as they say in weddings "if any of you have any reason why this is not right, speak up now or forever hold your peace." At least until the end of the game.

But seriously. if you see Joe's claim and know it is a lie, speak up now!!!
Otherwise, Joe is cleared town if he answers the questions properly.

It is a bold claim. Bold for scum to claim a role so large. Would scum!Joe at Lunch-1 "Go big or go home" with his claim? Yet, it is a detailed claim that can be contradicted or verified-by-silence in at least 3 parts:
1) Name (s)
2) Role
3) SPF
4) Protection: If anyone watched Joe or GR and saw that Joe didn't go anywhere or GR wasn't protected, this is bad for Joe.

@Pooka, someone mentioned this was a c9++ game with modifications and now i am looking for that mention.
Maybe i just remembered the dice from post1(?).

Think, town--if Joe is lying we have our perhaps last scum and have won the game. If he is lying speak up and help us win. I do not wish to believe that in a HP-themed game primary characters would not show up.

Then again, we still don't have a claim for the "Core 4" of Harry, Ron, Hermione, or Ginny.

Aside: I wonder if the final scum is V. or Snape?

@Trent @Joe: Why do you see Lift as scummy? I'm open to convincing.

@Joe: it is useless to ask now, but why did you Psychoanalyse GR...what modifier did you find?
(Psychoanalyst ...is an investigative role to learn qualifiers of a person. (The Qualifier Cop is MCKA the Psychoanalist)
Come to think of it, this is a fishy claim, as anyone could claim they phychoanalyzed the self-admitted loud cop.
He could claim to have visited the scum nightlunch.

where this claim of Joe's will stand or fall apart is the SPF thing.

@ZFR no vote in this post
Microfish_1: I am not --repeat NOT gonna vote Joe for 24 hours, to give anyone a chance to counterclaim.
Just a head's up: Even IF you voted Joe would likely be ok, as he dropped 2 votes and is now(if I read the totals right) at L-3.

But agreed, let's see if anyone counterclaims or not.

Microfish_1: Aside: I wonder if the final scum is V. or Snape?
Nitpick: Snape wasn't a bad guy....he did what he had to(in the books/films) to protect others who were/are good, and for other good reasons. :)
Microfish_1: @Joe: it is useless to ask now, but why did you Psychoanalyse GR...what modifier did you find?

(Psychoanalyst ...is an investigative role to learn qualifiers of a person. (The Qualifier Cop is MCKA the Psychoanalist)
Microfish_1: Come to think of it, this is a fishy claim, as anyone could claim they phychoanalyzed the self-admitted loud cop.
He could claim to have visited the scum nightlunch.
He's not LOUD he's EPIC.

He's also 3-SHOT.

For my hint that I psychoanalysed GameRager, please see this knowing wink in response to his delightful feigned ignorace:

GameRager: What does the modifier EPIC do, if I may ask? I ask as I just went to the mafia wiki and found nothing.
JoeSapphire: ;)
I wanted to use the psychoanalysis first because it seemed to be the least useful of my powers, and there didn't seem to be much point in agonising who to analyse so I went for GameRager partly out of just interest, and so I could make the joke "about time somebody did..."

GameRager: Now that you've claimed, some questions:

1. Why did you pick me on Night One? Did you catch the few crumbs from D1 or was it just random chance? And if you caught the crumbs, tell me which posts stood out so I can verify.

2. Why did you pick SPF on Night 2? Suspicion or(again) random choice/luck?

3. Why did you protect me on Night Three? Again, it was any posts by me point them out so I can verify you did see them.

4. And also most importantly: Do you have any powers left? And if yes, then who do you intend to use any possible remaining powers on on N4(if you live till then and beyond) and why?
1 - No real reason, sorry. The choice didn't seem worth stressing over. I got the impression you were being quite friendly with me early in the game, and I was just interested in what you had going on.

2 - It was a bit of a spur-of-the-moment decision. I'd thought he was a bit odd on Day One, but I kind of put it to one side and didn't think about it. Then when night came it just occurred to me that he was being very lurky again and I thought it was worth taking a shot.

3 - Uhhh... it was the thing about how you were the cop and had just all-but-claimed that you'd copped scum. I knew you were the cop because I knew you were the epic one. It worked out pretty neat!

4 - Maybe I don'ts, maybe I dooses.
trentonlf: Can I ask why Lift? I've had him in my top 4 most of the game, but what is your reasoning?
Because of the way Yogsloth and, to a lesser extent, SirP interacted with him Day One.

And because of his opportunistic vote on me - he should be used to me panicking for no reason - his narrative doesn't bear scrutiny

and that "you've dropped the ball (no offense)" remark. I have been scumhunting my heart out this game, and this comment is a very easy way for Lifthrasil to assert that my mislynch is JOE's fault, and not LIFTHRASIL's.

He told me not to, but I took offense nevertheless.