It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I note that the both of you voted for joe in very short order.....and I must say that seems odd(especially as I have both of you on my top suspects list)......but you have both voted for someone on the list of non-lock town.....what to do, what to do.

trentonlf: Well seeing as how I’ve gotten most everything wrong so far this game and Carradice makes a convincing argument I’m going to switch my vote.

I realize this makes me look even scummier with how I had Joe in my I don’t want to vote category, but at this point I’m not sure I even know how to play this game anymore with my reads so eh whatever.
Lifthrasil: The more I think about it, the more I really want an answer to why Joe panicked in the way he did after Yogs outed himself as Scum.

@Joe: please reply.
Hmm, as per the above I will place my own vote, BUT I ask ALL other players to not place any more votes on Joe until he has a chance to defend himself/etc.

Votus Joe

And if he gets lynched & turns out to be town, then may GOG have mercy on our souls. o.0

(If I read the votes right, JOE is now at L-2....hopefully he'll be on soonish to get a fair shot to offer up his response to all this)
JoeSapphire: Now there's a thought! When are you going to host a game for us? You show great potential...
It would be a flavourless game with potential for weird role combos.
==================================
Carradice: snip
change "safe" to "probably safe" and I would agree with you. There have been enough wacky roles that "couldn't happen" that have happened that I don't feel comfortable with saying it couldn't happen. If it did, it would probably have a modifier (Day-x)
HOWEVER, the only way for a jester to win is to be taken to lunch, so the safest strategy is to ignore him for now.
====================================
I do appreciate your defense of me.
Good point--Caesar was suspect & cleared by SPF, we should remember this.

I did not mean to insinuate that the spreadsheet was made dishonestly, just that when the first sheet came out I randomly checked a few of the numbers a) to make sure I understood the chart and b) on the slight chance that you might have been scum.

Pink columns? I don't see more than one as of yet, but I expect i will when the new chart comes out.

Also, part of this sentence is missing, please fix at some point. :)

I do understand what hygiene is, I just failed to see the humour in the joke--it went over my head. :(
Anyway, enough about Flocke at the moment.

True, true. C9++ with variables.
[url=https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Semi-Open_Setups]Semi-open[/url] means that ZFR (probably in the setup thread), maybe announced the roles.

The reason I strongly support GR as town is that he has claimed to be cop and the real cop has not counterclaimed. Also, he has attacked real scum long before scum would. This also gives you town points. It wasn't that I did not really believe Flocke's claim, more of a somebody had to be taken to lunch, and I didn't want it to be me.
I have you, Carradice, as nearly 100% town, but as you have not yet claimed a townrole the minor slender possibility exists that you are not town. However, you are correct in that this is something to be returned to later if we run out of other suspects, not brought out now.
Apologies for muddying the water.

BUMP PLEASE
>>We know we have a cop, an innocent child, Neighborizor, a bodyguard, 2 Vanilla (1 Scum). So, we have minimum values of 3M, 1D (the bodyguard) 1C (maybe more?), and two more dice.
A Bus driver or deflector is a type of Blocker, so we probably have 1B. Unless we had a V, which could be how SPF was removed from play.
I'm not sure what roll the scum RoleCop would require....
Unless this is indeed RoleMadness, which doesn't really fit a c9++ game? we have very few PRs left.
Assuming we have a Blocker/Bus driver, we have:

7 = MMMDC+?? of which one "?" is maybe a B/V. This leaves one "?" unaccounted for.

GF is likely for C9++ setups. The question remains of whether the GF was investigated or not, but it is secondary to finding scum.
==============================

GameRager: snip
I will reveal when Joppo has posted.
See above as to my role guesses, unless this is RM. Now, why did noone pick up on this when Pooka asked if it was RM?
can "semi-open c9++" also be Role madness?
=======================================
Joke Time:
As Carradice has pointed out that several of my questions/comments have been scummyish, I have to say this:
LAMISS (Look At Me, I'm So Scum)! [endjoke]

Aside: Where did GR hint at being cop on D1? Post numbers please.
=======================================

You have my sympathies and condolences for your loss or the loss of one close to you.
Your post did not come across as too harsh.
Also, I have cleared Agent because of GR's results. You are right that I unfairly targeted you when i didn't question Lift. The only reason to bring it up at all was incase GR was misled. However, the things you have brought up make it nearly crystal clear that.
The "Are you a GF" bit was barely to see if you would rattle when i asked that, but it was mostly meant as a joke, but not properly delineated as such, and you could not see the smile with which I typed it. Apologies.

Aside: why did @Carradice vote for GR in votecounts 511-573? Please provide a Post Number again as to reasoning.
===================================
I frankly have mentally cleared Carradice and almost cleared Lift.
I don't see either of them as scum this game. I will tip my virtual hat to them if they have fooled me.

trentonlf: snip
You do know how to play this game. I have learned a lot from you over the last year.

==================================

I WANT JOPPO'S ANALYSIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ZFR--that was not a vote
Microfish_1: It would be a flavourless game with potential for weird role combos.
If you allowed it & I had the time at the time you made a future game I might be encouraged to write flavor for such a game. :)

Microfish_1: The reason I strongly support GR as town is that he has claimed to be cop and the real cop has not counterclaimed.
For the end of that line you mean "another person has not counterclaimed" or similar, right? ;)

(By that the line sounds incorrect for what you're trying to say)

Microfish_1: BUMP PLEASE
I would'a bumped back when you wrote this but I went afk for a good long while just about when you posted....sorry 'bout that. :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microfish_1: I will reveal when Joppo has posted.
K then.....I was only saying with that that I would make sure to remind you to do that once he has posted. :)

Microfish_1: See above as to my role guesses, unless this is RM. Now, why did noone pick up on this when Pooka asked if it was RM?
I would but all those letters and such make my head hurt almost as much as Carradice's charts. o.0

(I only know the basics of the game......I play more to socialize than to learn the entire rule book and live/breathe it like some others do. :D)

As for Pooka's mention of RM: I picked up on it(as the term was new to me) and I looked it up and IIRC I even commented on it awhile back.

(@OP: Above line is NOT a vote)

Microfish_1: Aside: Where did GR hint at being cop on D1? Post numbers please.
If I may answer this, here is a short list that I made if I needed to claim and show where i'd posted such in the game:

(Note: The following list is just the ones I remembered to make a note on.....there may be others made by me)

In Post 57: Used the word "cop" as a subtle indicator to fellow town to start the tail of crumbs.

In Post 415: The song link I linked is COPacabana(a weak one as well, I know, but I wanted to stay somewhat hidden until I found scum/had reason to claim or similar).

In Post 592: I spelled out the word TRUST in the capital letters in one part of that post,, in reference to Agent being town/cleared by my first investigation.

(YOU yourself even commented on this in your post#606 :))

(@OP: Above line is NOT a vote)

In post 607: In the fourth reply bit I mention a DRY SANDWICH....which has CRUMBS. ;)

In post 616: I spelled out the word TOWNEE in the same fashion in regards to agent as well.

In post 654: The song linked is about sparing a dime(which is Ten Cents=Tencent, which owns part of the company EPIC games....a hint at my EPIC PR modifier)

In post 891: I mentioned monoculars and "watching/looking at" other players(I also did this in a few other posts around that time as well...INCLUDING mentioning at one point/in one post that I had TWO monoculars left to watch with).

In addition to all the above I also posted a song link to a player on the song Der Komissar to indicate/hint at my PR to fellow town(I forget the post number atm, though), and I also posted a link to the Blazing Saddles toll booth scene, with the price for the toll(Ten Cents) being visible in the scene....which was another hint at my PR's EPIC modifier.

Add to that I kept asking in some posts who the town cop(i.e. me) should investigate(to get ideas from and reads on other players), or who I thought the town cop should look into(so that fellow town that got my hints would know who I suspected at the time).

Maybe important musing/info on Yog: Iirc Yog was one of the ones who kept pointing out my not-so-subtle crumbing in the game(I forget post number atm)....and I think one other player did as well....I might look back to find out who did if you're interested enough & I have time. :)
GameRager: For the end of that line you mean "another person has not counterclaimed" or similar, right? ;)
Oh, yes.... Sorry. I meant "if GR was lying and was not the cop, the real cop didn't counterclaim"

off to read the rest.
GameRager: snip
yes, what i meant was --"if this is c9++ with 7 rolls of the die to determine roles, how could anyone call this role madness? or if it is RM, why call it c9++ with modifications? Why did no one pick up on this discrepancy between Pooka's question and what the mod stated?

>>>>If the stated setup ("semi-open C9++ with modifications") does not allow for Role Madness (RM), than Pooka's question appears scummy.

==============
Re the crumbs: Ah, thanks. I got some of it, but not the rest, or at least not enough to know what you were claiming. Your "monocular" bit I thought to be flavor, where your suspicions lay, or you were a watcher, not as much cop, per se.

855 is the one with
*Gr goes to the quidditch field and sits down, taking out his two prized monoculars & starts polishing them he looks in the direction of the field for sights to see*
mostly i thought it to be flavor with the flask bits.

Also, my numbers & letters are from here

where the page says:

The moderator randomly chooses 7 numbers from 1-100, repeating permitted. Then, each number is turned into a letter as follows:
T (Townie. This actually directly influences scum powerroles.)
51-65 = C (Cop)
66-75 = D (Doctor)
76-85 = V (Vig)
86-95 = M (Mason)
96-100 = B (Blocker)
Below it breaks down what happens if you get multiples of anything.
Neighborizing is a Mason-trait,
Bus driver or deflector is a Blocker, along with...blockers
IC is a mason,
You're the cop, but a 3-shot cop, so this means either "C" or "CC" was rolled.
Bodyguard (RW) is a Doctor trait.
7 = MMMDC+?? of which one "?" is maybe a B/V. This leaves one "?" unaccounted for.
thus out of seven Dice Rolls we have "MMMDC" confirmed, leaving two unknowns, of which one unknown is maybe a B or a V. This leaves one unknown dice roll unaccounted for.

Note that 75% of potential setups for C9++ games include a GF for scum.
Vote Count

Joe 4 - Carradice, trent, Lift, GameRager
trent 1 - Pooka
Pooka 1 - Joe

Not voting - Caesar, Micro, joppo, agent

10 Players. Takes 6 to lynch.
ZFR: snip
not having gotten an answer, from others, would you recommend I switch to more than 20 posts/page for the gog forums? Thanks.
Microfish_1: yes, what i meant was --"if this is c9++ with 7 rolls of the die to determine roles, how could anyone call this role madness? or if it is RM, why call it c9++ with modifications? Why did no one pick up on this discrepancy between Pooka's question and what the mod stated?

>>>>If the stated setup ("semi-open C9++ with modifications") does not allow for Role Madness (RM), than Pooka's question appears scummy.
I dunno, tbh....I am not much into the more "technical" side of the game such as that sort of thing.

Microfish_1: Re the crumbs: Ah, thanks. I got some of it, but not the rest, or at least not enough to know what you were claiming. Your "monocular" bit I thought to be flavor, where your suspicions lay, or you were a watcher, not as much cop, per se.
The number of them(two) was showing how I had two investigations left &the names mentioned showed who I might use them on, and was posted after the first "night" was over.

I hoped some fellow town would be able to connect the dots with that & OP's starting post of that "day" about an investigation having occurred during the previous "night", and if not I planned to save it for if I needed it to make a claim/prove myself to other town :)

Microfish_1: 855 is the one with

*Gr goes to the quidditch field and sits down, taking out his two prized monoculars & starts polishing them he looks in the direction of the field for sights to see*
Microfish_1: mostly i thought it to be flavor with the flask bits.
That was intentional...I tried to post such to maybe hint at my PR to fellow town while also making it not too obvious to scum/other parties.

Microfish_1: Also, my numbers & letters are from here
Thanks for all the info/explanation. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microfish_1: not having gotten an answer, from others, would you recommend I switch to more than 20 posts/page for the gog forums? Thanks.
No matter what you'll still need to read the dame amount of posts...it's up to you, really.
Microfish_1: not having gotten an answer, from others, would you recommend I switch to more than 20 posts/page for the gog forums? Thanks.
No. But up to you.
ZFR: No. But up to you.
thank you.
GameRager: I note that the both of you voted for joe in very short order.....and I must say that seems odd(especially as I have both of you on my top suspects list)......but you have both voted for someone on the list of non-lock town.....what to do, what to do.
Well, when I sent my vote I didn't see trent's vote. And then I had the decision to make, whether to withdraw my vote or not. But since I want the pressure on Joe, I decided to leave my vote on Joe even though one of my top suspects votes for him too.

But I agree with your request not to put him at L-1 yet, before he had a chance to answer.
trentonlf: and Carradice makes a convincing argument
What is Carradice's argument? Can you summarise it for me?

Lifthrasil: The more I think about it, the more I really want an answer to why Joe panicked in the way he did after Yogs outed himself as Scum.
Because I wrote a vote, and then started writing out some analysis and by the time I went to post my vote the wagon had doubled (as I understood it, actually it had grown by 2/5, but I had missed carradice's vote.
I thought I understood what gamerager was getting at with his 101%, but I hadn't read his whole post (sorry gamerager) so I hadn't realised how obvious he was being. I wasn't expecting Yogsloth to self vote and I didn't understand what he meant. When I don't understand why something is, I question it, doubt myself, experience feelings of sudden dread etc.

How do you explain my panicking from scum-Joe? I went to place the third vote on my buddy's wagon, and then panicked when it looked like he might be lynched?
Why are you surprised by Joe panicking? I believe we have played games together before.

---

As I understand it, Carradice's argument against me is:

1 - I have been obsessed with Carradice, which is an attempt to mud the waters by drawing suspicion onto somebody who ought to be above suspicion - it's not true. I have considered the possibility that Carradice is scum, and asked Carradice a lot of questions.

Turns out Carradice has been deliberately ignoring my questions, and reading it as obsession when I ask more questions.

2 - My posts are like SirPrimalform's. I don't think this is true either, but it's such a vague statement that it's difficult to argue with.

This is Carradice at the beginning of Day 4:

Carradice: About Joe, some nice Townie readings, better looking than fishy SPF. Actually better looking than Joppo, but YMMV.
So, I have nice town readings, I look better than SirP.
A little later, after I had made One Post, this is Carradice's read:

Carradice: Joe's posts leans more to SPF's style, but he has stepped on the mud way more, earning some Town credit (although not as much as Lift, to name one example, and his last posts do not feel especially Town-like),
So something changed in the post I have linked to above, to make me read like SirP, and not feel especially town.

I can see why Trent is so convinced...
trentonlf: At this point I am so bleh about the game, I am not abandoning the game and I will answer any questions anyone has of me, but I am tired of trying to analyze everything in my head as to what's going on and who's lying and why. Lynch me, lynch Pooka, lynch Joe, I don't care much who it is anymore. If someone wants to use this as a sign of me giving up because I'm scum, well you'll be wrong but meh whatever happens oh well.
I feel the same way at this point.

I have trent firmly in the Town camp, based mostly on gut. I'm not voting for GR, Carradice, or Micro; I consider them cleared. Willing to vote Joe, but I don't think his panic is a good reason.
If the connection is not very slow, more posts per page avoids some of the hassle of changing pages. If the connection is slow, it might take longer to load.