It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
Dramat!. Wszystko sie wiesza czy to na otwieraniu beczek czy na tworzeniu tali. Poprzedia wersja byla bardzo stabilna, a teraz nie da sie grac
BKGaming: It's not the first game released on GOG that was in development and could only be used on Galaxy/Online.
PaterAlf: Name one other game. As far as I know every InDev game had a singleplayer offline mode and standalone installers.
Xenonauts 2.
JMich: Xenonauts 2.
Can't find it in the catalogue.
PaterAlf: Can't find it in the catalogue.
Doesn't mean it's not there. But you do need Galaxy for it.
Tell me if you want a few screenshots.

Edit: At least it should be there. Let me go look for it, in case my memory is playing tricks on me.
Edit 2: Here it is.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by JMich
PaterAlf: Name one other game. As far as I know every InDev game had a singleplayer offline mode and standalone installers.
Ah thanks JMitch, forgot about that one... yep that would be one case. I thought there was one. xD

EDIT:

You need the direct link: https://www.gog.com/game/xenonauts_2_demo
Post edited May 24, 2017 by BKGaming
PaterAlf: Can't find it in the catalogue.
Hi,
it's a demo. I had to use a search engine to find it.

I have also missed it and I'm not glad to see such a requirement.
Thank you for the links!
high rated
Please people, do realize that when you click on PLAY GWENT at GOG's main page you will download "setup_gwent_1.2.9.5a_es-ES.exe" (or whatever the installer for you language is named) and by that file name you are actually downloading the latest version of Galaxy client installer (and ONLY the galaxy client installer, nothing else).

Once that Galaxy client is installed in your PC it will begin downloading and installing the actual GWENT game, which weights around 4.5GB (of course it requires an internet conection).

I hope you people are very happy and fully agree with the renaming of "setup_Galaxy_client_latest_version.exe" to "setup_gwent_1.2.9.5a_es-ES.exe" because somebody could find that a bit misleading.

Enjoy your GOG!!!!

PS. If it's not clear enough: You DO NEED an internet conection just for being able to run the game.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by Lobuno
Where is the polish language and others?
high rated
BKGaming: Cleary you need to learn the point of a beta... it's not to provide every single feature you want right now. It's to test things that need to be tested before an official release where people expect things to work. Planned features will be missing or limited until a release. After release if there is no offline version then you have a more significant ground to stand on... right now it's complaining to complain.

Tis the freedom of choice and a free market. Don't like it then don't buy it or pay anything for it. Let the rest of us enjoy the product we want to play in peace.
Ok, yes, I see where i was wrong. I was mistakenly thinking that the Policy applied to all products on here equally. I see now that is not the case, any game which, at some point in the future may release a single player or offline version, counts as DRM free. Thank you for clearing that up. (and yes, if I can't use a product with an online connection that is restricting the use of my product).

"Tis the freedom of choice" - indeed, of which we no longer have. Now this place has turned into a copy of steam, there is steam, steam clone, origin, battel.net or uplay, so our choice not want clients, or online only has been removed (well this and a couple of other products here, to be fair that is a small amount of them), so much for choice.
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: Ok, yes, I see where i was wrong. I was mistakenly thinking that the Policy applied to all products on here equally. I see now that is not the case, any game which, at some point in the future may release a single player or offline version, counts as DRM free. Thank you for clearing that up. (and yes, if I can't use a product with an online connection that is restricting the use of my product).

"Tis the freedom of choice" - indeed, of which we no longer have. Now this place has turned into a copy of steam, there is steam, steam clone, origin, battel.net or uplay, so our choice not want clients, or online only has been removed (well this and a couple of other products here, to be fair that is a small amount of them), so much for choice.
Your constant belly aching on these issues is getting old... take it somewhere else. Don't spam this release thread, write to GOG support and complain. Take it directly to the source. Not us. We don't care.
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: Ok, yes, I see where i was wrong. I was mistakenly thinking that the Policy applied to all products on here equally. I see now that is not the case, any game which, at some point in the future may release a single player or offline version, counts as DRM free. Thank you for clearing that up. (and yes, if I can't use a product with an online connection that is restricting the use of my product).

BKGaming: Your constant belly aching on these issues is getting old... take it somewhere else. Don't spam this release thread, write to GOG support and complain. Take it directly to the source. Not us. We don't care.
Where else? This is exactly the point. Every post your here defending Gog, why should I not be here pointing how its getting more steam like. Your as much spam as anyone else!
high rated
@BKGaming: I do care. Don't speak in my behalf. Thanks.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by Lobuno
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: Where else? This is exactly the point. Every post your here defending Gog, why should I not be here pointing how its getting more steam like. Your as much spam as anyone else!
All good arguments deserve a counter view point. I don't give a damn about defending GOG, they are going to do whatever they want regardless. I however don't start these debates, I respond occasionally with my opinion.

You jump into nearly every thread that involves Galaxy and constantly complain... even when said person just wants to some help and didn't ask for your views. Get over yourself.

I'm done talking to you though... you are not worth my time honestly.
I do like what CD Projekt Red look to have done with this game from watching the second video. It would be nice if the end game does have those little cut scenes for cards at times, and I look forward to the release of the end game with the single player side.
The whole Gwent part of the Witcher 3 was fun, but often just a short time kill that seemed excessive to start up one game when all I wanted to do was just play another. So having Gwent available outside of the game, is to me, a really nice idea and looks to be fun.

Watching the video makes me want to go reinstall Ironclad Tactics just to get that card game kick.