It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
Since when is The Witcher adventure Game "completly online and Galaxy dependant" game. I clearly have a play offline option when i launch it.
darkangelz: Since when is The Witcher adventure Game "completly online and Galaxy dependant" game. I clearly have a play offline option when i launch it.
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gwent_public_beta_now_available_0312e/post283
Like the game so far, nice flavor .. Love it. But not going to spend too much money or time in it. First i need to know if we gonna get some offline value? Devs keep us a bit in the dark about that, don't like that. Is the online requirement only for multiplayer, ranked, etc.? Campaign and other singeplayer content offline playeble? Can CDPR be a bit more clear about that? Alrdy thanks for the fun.
Congratz on the launch! looking forward to the future of Gwent.
Starmaker: Also, the Russian title of the game is spelled "GWINT" for some reason, wut.
Gwint - that's how this card game is called by Andrzej Sapkowski in 'Baptism of Fire'. CDPR translated 'gwint' as gwent, 'Barrel' is the name of gwint in English version of the novel . In Polish 'gwint' means literally screw thread. Phrase jasny gwint! (jasny = bright) is used as a light curse, little lighter than damn it!.
Starmaker: Also, the Russian title of the game is spelled "GWINT" for some reason, wut.
Vojtas: Gwint - that's how this card game is called by Andrzej Sapkowski in 'Baptism of Fire'. CDPR translated 'gwint' as gwent, 'Barrel' is the name of gwint in English version of the novel . In Polish 'gwint' means literally screw thread. Phrase jasny gwint! (jasny = bright) is used as a light curse, little lighter than damn it!.
Interesting, why did they rename it to GWENT then? oO
Vojtas: Gwint - that's how this card game is called by Andrzej Sapkowski in 'Baptism of Fire'
Well, a card game. It's been a while since I read the book, but I'm pretty sure they didn't have Hearthstone-like collectible card games in that world yet :D
Vojtas: Gwint - that's how this card game is called by Andrzej Sapkowski in 'Baptism of Fire'
Breja: Well, a card game. It's been a while since I read the book, but I'm pretty sure they didn't have Hearthstone-like collectible card games in that world yet :D
Indeed, those are more of a post-apocalyptic thing.
Post edited May 28, 2017 by Klumpen0815
Vojtas: Gwint - that's how this card game is called by Andrzej Sapkowski in 'Baptism of Fire'. CDPR translated 'gwint' as gwent, 'Barrel' is the name of gwint in English version of the novel . In Polish 'gwint' means literally screw thread. Phrase jasny gwint! (jasny = bright) is used as a light curse, little lighter than damn it!.
Klumpen0815: Interesting, why did they rename it to GWENT then? oO
All I could find is this:

Supposedly for "Gaming With Elves, Nilfgaardians & Things"

(http://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/617335934134320247/)

But then again I don't know the source for this.
Post edited May 28, 2017 by MarkoH01
Never played a card game since Yu-Gi-Oh Power of Chaos, Joey and Kaiba and that was like 10 years ago, lol :D

This game brought me back to the past, played a 12hour hardcore session last day, went really nuts with it, made it to leverl 10 haha
Hello.

When we can play in polish again ?
Klumpen0815: Interesting, why did they rename it to GWENT then? oO
MarkoH01: All I could find is this:

Supposedly for "Gaming With Elves, Nilfgaardians & Things"

(http://steamcommunity.com/app/292030/discussions/0/617335934134320247/)

But then again I don't know the source for this.
With the "& Things", I'm pretty sure that would be a case of coming up with a name first and making up some meaning for it later.

My guess is simply that they wanted something that will look/sound similiar to the original polish name but sound good in english.
Where can i send the buggs?
I'm enjoying this game more than expected, and I don't mind the presence of a client for online games, since you already need an Internet connection to play them. I can't wait for the single-player campaign! :)

But I really hope that the campaign will be fully playable offline and without "GOG Galaxy" as a requirement, because I won't spend money for microtransactions or something that is only available online. And adding a game whose single-player mode requires GOG Galaxy would mark the end of the "DRM-free" stance adopted by GOG.
high rated
One_of_Many: I'm enjoying this game more than expected, and I don't mind the presence of a client for online games, since you already need an Internet connection to play them. I can't wait for the single-player campaign! :)
Sorry, but I don't get the logic behind this. Client-DRM is okay as long as you need to go online anyway?
That doesn't make sense to me. It's like going to a mall and having to show your ID-card to security every time which is totally fine because you're out in the open anyway. This thinking is extremely dangerous!

Your signature says "DRM-Free + Linux" and you say a mandatory Windows client isn't standing in your way?
What about client-bound games that have no official Linux support but work fine via WINE? Do you LIKE additional hurdles?
How exactly are you able to play GWENT btw?

Also why are so many people thinking multi-player without DRM is a no-go?
Post edited May 28, 2017 by Klumpen0815