It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Time to make those cards sing.

CD PROJEKT RED just announced the start of Public Beta for <span class="bold">GWENT: The Witcher Card Game</span> for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For those who still haven't felt its warm embrace, GWENT is an engrossing card game featuring creatures, characters, and lore from The Witcher series.

You can download <span class="bold">GWENT</span> from GOG.com and start playing immediately.
Moreover, since the game is powered by GOG Galaxy, those playing on PC will be able to do battle with their Xbox One and PS4 friends!

“Public Beta is an important step towards GWENT’s final release,” said Marcin Iwiński, co-founder of CD PROJEKT RED. “We’re opening the gates to everyone who wanted to play, but didn’t make it into the Closed Beta, and — at the same time — we’re introducing some pretty significant content and gameplay changes like adding animated versions of cards for every card in the game, new starter decks, or how weather cards work,” Iwiński adds. “I’m extra curious how all of the community feedback we’ve incorporated will resonate with both current players and those who’re just starting. Please keep the feedback coming, we’re listening!”

In addition to the cinematic trailer, CD PROJEKT RED has also released a gameplay video presenting GWENT’s features (you can watch them both below), and a set of faction videos covering the playstyles of each of the game’s five factions.

More information about GWENT and the Public Beta is available in the <span class="bold">FAQ</span> section of <span class="bold">playgwent.com</span>.

Watch the cinematic trailer.

Watch the gameplay trailer.
Post edited May 24, 2017 by maladr0Id
Stryder2931: I was very interested in this game, and would have purchased it in dev, but the reviews here convinced me otherwise. Requiring internet connectivity and Galaxy to play? Not interested.
Gersen: The game is not "sold" yet, it's not even "In Dev" it's just a multiplayer beta.
That's the sprit! Remember kids, principles are for people too stupid to weasel their way around them!
I'm here to complain the ad is in Russian, even though I'm logged in.

Also, the Russian title of the game is spelled "GWINT" for some reason, wut.
(I mean, it's consistently spelled this way. The Russian alphabet has the letter E, just so you know. People use it, along with A, C, and O, to hide plagiarism in essays.)
Breja: That's the sprit! Remember kids, principles are for people too stupid to weasel their way around them!
Not 100% convinced that "getting angry because an online multiplayer beta is online even thought it was mentioned countless times that the single player part is comming, would be added at a later date, and we don't know yet how it will be handled" really qualify as being called a "principle".
Breja: That's the sprit! Remember kids, principles are for people too stupid to weasel their way around them!
Gersen: Not 100% convinced that "getting angry because an online multiplayer beta is online even thought it was mentioned countless times that the single player part is comming, would be added at a later date, and we don't know yet how it will be handled" really qualify as being called a "principle".
So why doesn't GOG simply explain the situation for us making this a whole lot easier?
Post edited May 27, 2017 by MarkoH01
Starmaker: I'm here to complain the ad is in Russian, even though I'm logged in.

Also, the Russian title of the game is spelled "GWINT" for some reason, wut.
That explains why "szmirowatybarszcz" from "Canada" (ha) called it "Gwint":
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gwent_public_beta_now_available_0312e/post237
Gersen: Not 100% convinced that "getting angry because an online multiplayer beta is online even thought it was mentioned countless times that the single player part is comming, would be added at a later date, and we don't know yet how it will be handled" really qualify as being called a "principle".
MarkoH01: So why doesn't GOG simply explain the situation for us making this a whole lot easier?
No time to explain, need to work on the client with full steam.
Post edited May 27, 2017 by Klumpen0815
high rated
Fuck this shit.

I was going to write a more snarky comment, but yeah, I can't find the energy.
MarkoH01: So why doesn't GOG simply explain the situation for us making this a whole lot easier?
This is the thing people 'pro' online, transactions etc aren't getting or don't want ot understand.

If I know a game has an offline, DRM free, no microtransaction required single player mode. I have no issue spending lots of money in it's online, micro transaction, multiplayer component. I just won't do that if the entire game can be taken away from me forever.

A bit of clarification here would go a long way.
Meteorite is another cash cow shit. I find it very funny when I open my 69 kegs and 90% are some shitty "premium" cards instead of cards that I could play.
Also lots of buggs and summons/debloy boosts sometimes works and sometimes not... Very unbalanced on skelige, op shit. Northern is nerfed to shit.
Klumpen0815: First completely online and Galaxy dependent game? GWENT by CDPR
Uhmm, no, that would be Gremlins inc, although that can also be played on Steam of course ;-)
But I agree with the sentiment, it's mostly CDPR titles that at least stretch, if not break the very principles that GOG stands/ stood for.
Here's a feature request to protest against this:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/deny_onlineonly_games_that_require_a_server_not_under_control_of_the_player
Post edited May 27, 2017 by jorlin
Klumpen0815: First completely online and Galaxy dependent game? GWENT by CDPR
jorlin: Uhmm, no, that would be Gremlins inc, although that can also be played on Steam of course ;-)
But I agree with the sentiment, it's mostly CDPR titles that at least stretch, if not break the very principles that GOG stands/ stood for.
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/deny_onlineonly_games_that_require_a_server_not_under_control_of_the_player
1. GWENT was here before Gremlins Inc., it just reached public beta and was reset so maybe you didn't know about it before.
2. I already got corrected and it was actually "The Witcher Adventure Game" (also by CDPR)
jorlin: Uhmm, no, that would be Gremlins inc, although that can also be played on Steam of course ;-)
Klumpen0815: 1. GWENT was here before Gremlins Inc., it just reached public beta and was reset so maybe you didn't know about it before.
2. I already got corrected and it was actually "The Witcher Adventure Game" (also by CDPR)
Wait. Witcher adventure game was/is Galaxy dependent? I am pretty sure I was able to play this without Galaxy - maybe I misunderstood your point here.
TheSimula: Meteorite is another cash cow shit. I find it very funny when I open my 69 kegs and 90% are some shitty "premium" cards instead of cards that I could play.
Also lots of buggs and summons/debloy boosts sometimes works and sometimes not... Very unbalanced on skelige, op shit. Northern is nerfed to shit.
I agree with the meteorite stuff. and the pack thing is annoying I saved up to 34 packs and got 1 gold and pure crap I cant use.
dude monsters are nerfed as hell and a lot of broken combo decks I am constantly going up against is annoying as hell and I do agree with the pull ratio is pure shit now compare to early closed beta.

not happy with how this game is turning out :/

too many people are playing black and blue decks and gets annoying with constant same decks in ranked matches and nothing unique to go up and fight with, Meta builds kill card games for me.
Post edited May 27, 2017 by UnrealQuakie
Klumpen0815: 1. GWENT was here before Gremlins Inc., it just reached public beta and was reset so maybe you didn't know about it before.
MarkoH01: Wait. Witcher adventure game was/is Galaxy dependent? I am pretty sure I was able to play this without Galaxy - maybe I misunderstood your point here.
Yes, now it is, but it was Galaxy dependent in the beginning and therefore strictly speaking the first one.
JMich kinda insisted on precision again and rightfully so. ;)
Post edited May 27, 2017 by Klumpen0815
MarkoH01: Wait. Witcher adventure game was/is Galaxy dependent? I am pretty sure I was able to play this without Galaxy - maybe I misunderstood your point here.
Klumpen0815: Yes, now it is, but it was Galaxy dependent in the beginning and therefore strictly speaking the first one.
I understand. I did not know this.
jorlin: snip
Since you're talking about Galaxy dependent multiplayer, you might wanna look at and help completing those lists:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/lists_games_that_need_galaxy_for_multiplayer_and_the_ones_that_dont