It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Arena, a brand new game mode in GWENT, is now available to play!

Decks in Arena follow their own set of rules, separate from other game modes. When building your army, you can use cards from all playable factions, and as many copies of a single card as you wish. You are able to add a total of 26 cards to your deck (each chosen out of 4 random cards from GWENT’s entire collection), and a Leader.

Arena is all about thinking outside of the box and outsmarting your opponents. The game will end once you win nine games — or lose three. Try your best! The more opponents you defeat, the greater the reward is.

To enter Master Mirror’s realm and participate in Arena, you will need to spend Mirror Shards — a special kind of tickets accepted only by the nefarious Gaunter O’Dimm... Shards are attainable using either real or in-game currency ($1.99 or 150 Ore). If you don’t have any Ore saved up, don’t worry — we’ve got you covered! For the Arena launch, till March 7th, all players who log in to GWENT will receive 3 Mirror Shards!
*closes Witcher 3*
Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in.
This patch is broken.
I just played 4 arena games and had 2 game breaking bugs already:
1) opponent played Shilard, took a card from the top of my deck, but I didn't receive any... +1 CA for opponent... GG
2) I played Sile and then spell from my hand, but it didn't draw me a card... +1 CA for opponent again... GG

This is yet another unfinished, untested update from CDPR. I literally lost all desire to play Gwent for now. Hopefully they will get their shit together at some point...

Other than that: Arena mode is really dumb right now. Drafting more golds than bronzes from a mix of all factions. It's an RNG fiesta...
Thanks for the free Mirror Shards. I'm going to try the Arena mode sometime these days.
GOG.com: the nefarious Gaunter O’Dimm... Shards are attainable using either real or in-game currency ($1.99 or 150 Ore). If you don’t have any Ore saved up, don’t worry — we’ve got you covered! For the Arena launch, till March 7th, all players who log in to GWENT will receive 3 Mirror Shards!
i Hope the Game is not going in direction to become" Pay To Play "
GOG.com: the nefarious Gaunter O’Dimm... Shards are attainable using either real or in-game currency ($1.99 or 150 Ore). If you don’t have any Ore saved up, don’t worry — we’ve got you covered! For the Arena launch, till March 7th, all players who log in to GWENT will receive 3 Mirror Shards!
mishant: i Hope the Game is not going in direction to become" Pay To Play "
Dude it's a card game
Why is this in general instead of the GWENT-specific area? GWENT is a DRMed game with heavy anti-consumer microtransactions that wouldn't be on GOG except for GOG's sister company makes it.
mishant: i Hope the Game is not going in direction to become" Pay To Play "
Pay to Play would be better. Buy the game. Play it. DONE. No microtransaction nonsense ever. Expansions/DLC [which are mini-expansions...] are fine. But the "sale" of limited-use/consumable/account-based shit is unconscionable.
Post edited February 28, 2018 by mqstout
deleted
Thank you CDPR, love you! :) <3
low rated
Fairfox: i dont care 'boot teh drm / non-drm discussion with this title buuuut i agree! taht a nu game mode announcement should be in a sub-forum.

dont go gettin' all entitled 'coz of parent company, nao :P
GOG doesn't have a sub forum for Gwent... it links to the offical forums on the CDPR site so general would be the only place they have to post it.

Gwent been here for how long now though? Yet some people still want to complain about something that isn't going to change in pretty much every thread about it and will likley get worse down the road on GOG (as far as microtransactions, since many newer games now include them). GOG will only be able to ignore them for so long, as it's a completly different circumstance to ignoring DRM and with Gwent other companies are going to point out that Gwent is here so their game should be able to release with them.

It's literally fighting a losing battle.
Post edited March 01, 2018 by BKGaming
BKGaming: It's literally fighting a losing battle.
Oh, smeg off, you dolt. It's a fight worth fighting. Since micros literally CANNOT be done without DRM and GOG is the DRM place. Take your self-defeatist, consumer-hating, company-apologist attitude elsewhere.

It's exactly because of your ridiculous attitudes like that that got us here in the first place. Real games don't have any of that nonsense.
Post edited February 28, 2018 by mqstout
mqstout: Since micros literally CANNOT be done without DRM and GOG is the DRM place.
Wrong. But we have been down this road before and you refuse to listen to common sense on this issue... so it's not really worth my time.

mqstout: It's exactly because of your ridiculous attitudes like that that got us here in the first place.
I never said I agree with it (and I don't in most cases). I just recognize the writing on the wall. For ever 1 person willing to say "I'm not buying that with microtransactions" there are 20 more people willing to throw money at the game that can add up to over x2 or x3 more that what the "base" price is. Which is a lot more profit. AAA games are getting in on it now and eventually indies probably will too.

You better hope some governments start getting involved in cases of "loot boxes" because that's about the only hope you got...
mqstout: Since micros literally CANNOT be done without DRM and GOG is the DRM place.
BKGaming: Wrong... (snip)

I never said I agree with it (and I don't in most cases). I just recognize the writing on the wall. (snip)
I continue to be right. A microtransaction cannot be done without DRM, otherwise any ol' save game editor does it and there'd be no point to asking for money for it. You're trying to instill confusion into things that are not confusing.

Every time you defend the shitty practices, like you did in this thread, you are being complicit with it -- an endorsement of the tactic, which makes you an aggressor against society, rather than properly standing up for yourself and your fellow community. You are more than "recognize" it. You DEFEND it publicly.
mqstout: I continue to be right. A microtransaction cannot be done without DRM, otherwise any ol' save game editor does it and there'd be no point to asking for money for it. You're trying to instill confusion into things that are not confusing.
Again wrong. Why? Because you are focused on one "type" of microtransaction ie consumables. If you offer something like a sword skin or a package of new weapons from an in-game store and you can download that to the game after purchase from the server therefor it is not unlockable with a save editor because that asset isn't in the game yet. Yea it would require internet to purchase and download (like all games do) but after that (assuming no actual DRM has been added like checking if the item is purchased on your account) you could copy the game with that included new asset to another PC which will make it DRM Free and it is still a micotransaction.

I admit that microtransactions might not work well in a DRM Free enviroment with how many devs currently implement them, but they can work in a DRM free enviroment. It's all in how they are developed.

You fail to distinguish that microtranscations are DLC, but not all DLC are microtransactions. Even though I have (and can) provide countless sources that say pretty much exactly that. But as I said you are not open to common sense discussion because you know what you know in your mind and nobody is going to tell you anything different.

mqstout: Every time you defend the shitty practices, like you did in this thread, you are being complicit with it -- an endorsement of the tactic, which makes you an aggressor against society, rather than properly standing up for yourself and your fellow community. You are more than "recognize" it. You DEFEND it publicly.
Stuff like this makes you come off as an extremist and someone not worth having a rational debate with.

EDIT: I also don't see it as defending it. I see it as accepting the hard turth of the matter, which is two very different things.
What have you done with Impera enforcers, CDPR??????

R.I.P spies archtype