It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ShadowWulfe: Any way to reapply for GOG? I feel like their filter loosened by a bit.
You think 3rd time lucky eh? :D
HiddenAsbestos: You may already know by now but Fatbot Games, developers of Vaporum are making a prequel, Vaporum: Lockdown.

They're running a level design competition and, since they use Grid Cartographer to help design their games, they reached out and asked if I'd let people know about it.
That's awesome! Must feel great to have game devs using your tool in the creation of their game. (I do hope they include GC in their games' credits.)
ShadowWulfe: Any way to reapply for GOG? I feel like their filter loosened by a bit.
HiddenAsbestos: You think 3rd time lucky eh? :D
Fair enough. There had just been some recent releases that I found unexpected.
HiddenAsbestos: You think 3rd time lucky eh? :D
ShadowWulfe: Fair enough. There had just been some recent releases that I found unexpected.
The past two attempts have been pretty quick "we don't sell software", so if that changes I'll take that as a sign to re-apply.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, and I agree it would be great to have GC on here :)

HiddenAsbestos: You may already know by now but Fatbot Games, developers of Vaporum are making a prequel, Vaporum: Lockdown.

They're running a level design competition and, since they use Grid Cartographer to help design their games, they reached out and asked if I'd let people know about it.
HunchBluntley: That's awesome! Must feel great to have game devs using your tool in the creation of their game. (I do hope they include GC in their games' credits.)
It does feel great! :)
Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 - End of Support
http://gridcartographer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2138
HiddenAsbestos: Well drawing maps is fun
BreOl72: I absolutely agree.
I mean, sure - automapping is fine...but in the old games, drawing your own maps was simply part of what made playing the game entertaining.
To note down all your discoveries, and to mark them on the map...the traps...the treasures...the magic wells, etc...
It made you feel like a true adventurer, who was entering some unknown area and had to cartograph it, to find his way.
Oh wow, I've never played a game where I could draw my own maps. Sounds real cool. I was first first introduced to serious cartography and 4-color mapping by a prof who used Mathematical Excursions in class. Many in my class knew of this and were bored by it, but it didn't change my enthusiasm for it. He was a good person, helping me understand the many nuances of this. I have enjoyed printing outline maps for younger relatives and challenging them to color it in with just a few colors and slowly reducing them. :)
zo_ey: Oh wow, I've never played a game where I could draw my own maps. Sounds real cool.
Buy any of the really old RPGs and you get plenty of opportunities to change that... ;o)

Have fun!
HiddenAsbestos: Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 - End of Support
Hi. Whilst I understand the need to move support to windows 10, I would suggest you make available a windows 7 32/64bit version as a compatibility backstop. I know a lot of people run win 7 still and are reluctant to move, and a lot of us (me included) keep an old win7 backup machine. I would hate to see tools relegated to the void.
HiddenAsbestos: Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 - End of Support
nightcraw1er.488: Hi. Whilst I understand the need to move support to windows 10, I would suggest you make available a windows 7 32/64bit version as a compatibility backstop. I know a lot of people run win 7 still and are reluctant to move, and a lot of us (me included) keep an old win7 backup machine. I would hate to see tools relegated to the void.
As I said in my post, it won't stop working at midnight. I'm not actively blocking it, it's just not supported in terms of technical support - this is in line with Microsoft. Windows 7 itself won't suddenly self-destruct either (I assume).

I've no reason to believe it will ever stop working on Windows 7, I mean it might .. one day, who knows.
For now you can continue to update, enjoy the new features and fixes!
nightcraw1er.488: Hi. Whilst I understand the need to move support to windows 10, I would suggest you make available a windows 7 32/64bit version as a compatibility backstop. I know a lot of people run win 7 still and are reluctant to move, and a lot of us (me included) keep an old win7 backup machine. I would hate to see tools relegated to the void.
HiddenAsbestos: As I said in my post, it won't stop working at midnight. I'm not actively blocking it, it's just not supported in terms of technical support - this is in line with Microsoft. Windows 7 itself won't suddenly self-destruct either (I assume).

I've no reason to believe it will ever stop working on Windows 7, I mean it might .. one day, who knows.
For now you can continue to update, enjoy the new features and fixes!
Cool, good news. In this age where everything seem to stop working except on bleeding edge, highly builds, compatibility is a big problem. Especially as all these games are XP or before era.
v4.4.1 is now available!

Highlights for this update:

* Enhanced move tool.
* Additional tool option panels and command buttons.
* Critical editing bug fixes.
Grid Cartographer is now 50% off on the website (including upgrades to Steam) https://gridcartographer.com/buy/
Stay safe everyone x

(sale is now over)
Post edited April 21, 2020 by HiddenAsbestos
C64 emulation is now supported via Game Link on Windows. Download the emulator here: https://gridcartographer.com/download/
Grid Cartographer is 7 years old today. The project began on these forums, thank you all for the support and encouragement over the years!
HiddenAsbestos: Grid Cartographer is 7 years old today. The project began on these forums, thank you all for the support and encouragement over the years!
GC4 is a great utility tool.
Link to the Grid Cartographer 4 website in the OP is slightly outdated though, you may want to edit/update the link.