It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heading for the finish line – 80% off.

Haven't gotten behind the wheel of this legendary racer just yet? Be speedy – because Race Driver: GRID will be leaving our catalog on December 31, 2016.

Considered one of the most timeless, refined moderns racers – we're sad to see it go, but you can still grab the game now at 80% off, all the way up until December 31, 10:59 PM UTC.

Vrrrrooom, vrrrrooom.

A brief trip down memory lane, this is how GRID was first introduced to GOG.com:
Rrrrrrrnnnn! EEEEEEERRrrrrnNNNNNN!

Vrrrrooom! If you like fast cars, tight turns, and pulse-pounding races, then today's release is sure to please: Race Driver: GRID--known in the US simply as GRiD--screeches over the finish line!

In GRID, you're a driver with dreams of going big: you start out driving in others' cars for money, but soon enough you'll start your own team, picking the races you want to compete in, buying the cars and equipment that you need to get the advantage over the other drivers, and traveling the world to compete. With 43 cars and 3 different regions to compete in--the US, Europe, and Japan--there's plenty to captivate adrenaline junkies. But that's not all: GRID also features an innovative "flashback" system, whereby you can rewind time a few crucial seconds to fix any sloppy driving or mistakes, avoid crashes, and generally gain the needed edge to win. With open wheel racing, demolition derbies, GT racing, there's plenty of variety in gameplay.

Real road courses such as Le Mans are in the game, as well as street circuits such as such as the Detroit and Washington D.C.. There are also a number of fictional tracks, such as street courses in San Francisco,and Milan, and Mount Haruna.

Is that enough to get your pulse pounding? Check out Race Driver: GRID
Socratatus: Damn! Glad I got (and downloaded) the game before this happened! Always loved Grid, but love it even more when not stuck on Steam.

GOG is really useful, but you have to keep your eyes open and grab them as soon as they come out, especially if a very good game, or before you know it, it`ll be gone again. The notice time is ridiculous; the Buyer will never know unless he`s lucky enough to look.

I also hate how all the Reviews vanish- I was looking for my review and was wondering where it was, which led me here.
Games that are removed from sale should still be in your library if you purchased them beforehand, so downloading ahead of time is mostly just a good precaution, not strictly necessary.

Also, while it's true that GOG takes down the product pages for removed games, there's still at least one way to see them after the fact.... ;)
(Your review's on the bottom of the third "page" of the reviews section.)
Post edited March 15, 2018 by HunchBluntley
I wonder why GOG hasn't worked out something with Codemasters on this? zoom-platform seems to still carry it.
BRB GRID (2008) on gog
low rated
GOG.com: Rrrrrrrnnnn! EEEEEEERRrrrrnNNNNNN!
stop stealin' mah lines.
Still bummed I didn't pick this up during the goodbye sale. I think it was like 4 bucks.

Thanks for reopening old wounds ;)
blotunga: I wonder why GOG hasn't worked out something with Codemasters on this? zoom-platform seems to still carry it.
I question how "on the level" Zoom-Platform is.
blotunga: I wonder why GOG hasn't worked out something with Codemasters on this? zoom-platform seems to still carry it.
tfishell: I question how "on the level" Zoom-Platform is.
If it were illegal I'm sure Sega would've DMCA'd it.
GOG.com: Rrrrrrrnnnn! EEEEEEERRrrrrnNNNNNN!
Fairfox: stop stealin' mah lines.
Definitely suits you.
blotunga: If it were illegal I'm sure Sega would've DMCA'd it.
You can't DMCA something that you are not even aware of/remember it even exists. You can always "help" by being a snitch, but I would question what good it would even do.
blotunga: If it were illegal I'm sure Sega would've DMCA'd it.
Grargar: You can't DMCA something that you are not even aware of/remember it even exists. You can always "help" by being a snitch, but I would question what good it would even do.
Well, personally I have the game already in my library here, but I'm always sad to see games go...
Ixamyakxim: Still bummed I didn't pick this up during the goodbye sale. I think it was like 4 bucks.

Thanks for reopening old wounds ;)
If you want, I can give you some salt for your wounds.

Nah, just kidding.
Was surprised seeing this thread. First I wanted the check the gamepage here on GoG, but then I saw the date. 29th of december? Hm, either some DeLorean went crazy or this thread is a bit older. And when I checked the dates when the people posted here, it was clear, that this thread is 3 years old.
I wonder if I see this thread again when it reaches maturity.
Those that want to buy GRID can still do so on the Zoom-platform: https://www.zoom-platform.com/#store-race-driver-grid

As this doesn't compete with GOG seeing there's no selling on GOG for this game, I assume it's not against forum regulations to link it here?
DubConqueror: Those that want to buy GRID can still do so on the Zoom-platform: https://www.zoom-platform.com/#store-race-driver-grid

As this doesn't compete with GOG seeing there's no selling on GOG for this game, I assume it's not against forum regulations to link it here?
I gotta question the legality of this, especially since it was pulled everywhere else due to expired licenses. There is no fucking way Zoom magically made those non-expired. Similar with the Duke Nukem games still being there and some others. I'm not very trusting of a platform that does that kind of thing.
That could be an explanation. I was wondering: how come Codemaster receives income from GRID and not wondering 'hey, we forgot to delete the game we have on sale on ZOOM'? Now you make me wonder if Codemaster even receives income from that sale.
Mr.Mumbles: I gotta question the legality of this, especially since it was pulled everywhere else due to expired licenses. There is no fucking way Zoom magically made those non-expired. Similar with the Duke Nukem games still being there and some others. I'm not very trusting of a platform that does that kind of thing.
That's something I wonder, the issue was not just that the right with the publisher were expiring like "normal" removal, but that the publisher was losing the rights for the cars which was a lot more problematic and a lot more tricky and costly to fix.

So either Codemaster got the rights back and for some reason didn't bother to re-release the game on Gog and Steam, or they alter the game to "re-brand" the cars to non-infringing names, or there is some other magic legalese that allow them sell the game.