It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heading for the finish line – 80% off.

Haven't gotten behind the wheel of this legendary racer just yet? Be speedy – because Race Driver: GRID will be leaving our catalog on December 31, 2016.

Considered one of the most timeless, refined moderns racers – we're sad to see it go, but you can still grab the game now at 80% off, all the way up until December 31, 10:59 PM UTC.

Vrrrrooom, vrrrrooom.

A brief trip down memory lane, this is how GRID was first introduced to GOG.com:
Rrrrrrrnnnn! EEEEEEERRrrrrnNNNNNN!

Vrrrrooom! If you like fast cars, tight turns, and pulse-pounding races, then today's release is sure to please: Race Driver: GRID--known in the US simply as GRiD--screeches over the finish line!

In GRID, you're a driver with dreams of going big: you start out driving in others' cars for money, but soon enough you'll start your own team, picking the races you want to compete in, buying the cars and equipment that you need to get the advantage over the other drivers, and traveling the world to compete. With 43 cars and 3 different regions to compete in--the US, Europe, and Japan--there's plenty to captivate adrenaline junkies. But that's not all: GRID also features an innovative "flashback" system, whereby you can rewind time a few crucial seconds to fix any sloppy driving or mistakes, avoid crashes, and generally gain the needed edge to win. With open wheel racing, demolition derbies, GT racing, there's plenty of variety in gameplay.

Real road courses such as Le Mans are in the game, as well as street circuits such as such as the Detroit and Washington D.C.. There are also a number of fictional tracks, such as street courses in San Francisco,and Milan, and Mount Haruna.

Is that enough to get your pulse pounding? Check out Race Driver: GRID
jpilot: The game has been removed from Steam as well. So yeah, it probably is due to an expired car license or something like that.
flanner: ok, but what licence expired in case of chessmaster 9000 then? :-)
Actually no licence.The publishing rights expired in the case of Chessmaster 9000,like with Blade of Darkness.It sold like Dodo fecal matter and the Codies didn't want to renew the publishing rights since they would just poor money down a drain.Hope this helps ;).Cheers
I'm glad it's a licensing issue and not Codemasters removing games from GOG. Still, it's a shame to see this go the way of the Forza games after some years after release.

I wonder if that is the same reason Fuel vanished from Steam.
jalister: I'm glad it's a licensing issue and not Codemasters removing games from GOG. Still, it's a shame to see this go the way of the Forza games after some years after release.

I don't think Fuel had any car licenses involved. Weren't all the vehicles custom-made for the game?

But I was still hoping to see Fuel on GOG someday...
Assuming you missed the sale and if you can't get it anywhere legally, don't feel bad about getting it via other means! :P (imo)
tfishell: Assuming you missed the sale and if you can't get it anywhere legally, don't feel bad about getting it via other means! :P (imo)
Like buying a second-hand copy for console? *wink* *wink* It's what I do in these cases anyway. :P
Gylfe: I sucks to see any games get pulled from GoG, but especially one that people liked. I missed the sale because I didn't see this post until today. I started my work week the day this was posted, so I didn't have time to check it. I guess like the ARMA games, I would've loved to have them on GoG and I was planning to buy this game. I actually had it in my cart, but it's not there anymore = (
DubConqueror: GRID reappeared, in a chat message to you.
Thank you so much! It's people like you, and things like this that make GoG great. Honestly, the first draw to it is the DRM free, but our community is truly great.
jalister: I'm glad it's a licensing issue and not Codemasters removing games from GOG. Still, it's a shame to see this go the way of the Forza games after some years after release.

I used to wonder why some games had cars that looked like real ones, but used fake names and symbols. I sometimes saw these as lower quality games, but it seems there was a very good reason for it. As I got older, I realized it just didn't matter so much. Sure it was great to drive a Chevy or Ferrari, but I understand why you're driving a Schmevy or Sherrari.
Gylfe: I sucks to see any games get pulled from GoG, but especially one that people liked. I missed the sale because I didn't see this post until today. I started my work week the day this was posted, so I didn't have time to check it. I guess like the ARMA games, I would've loved to have them on GoG and I was planning to buy this game. I actually had it in my cart, but it's not there anymore = (
DubConqueror: GRID reappeared, in a chat message to you.
I'm not sure what happened to my post, but I replied and it disappeared.

What I replied was thank you so much. It's people like you and the things people do like this that make GoG such a great community. Honestly, the first draw is the DRM free and the quality of GoG itself, but what really makes it great and makes people loyal is the great community we have.

I wanted to edit and say that I always wondered why some games had real cars, while others had some real looking car with a strange name and emblems. I thought it was them being lazy and not getting the rights to the cars and saw them as lower quality games. As I got older I realized it was for reasons like this, the developers would rather just have complete control over their title. It's cool to drive a real Chevy or Ferrari, but if driving a similar Schmevy or Sherrari means they have control and it's a quality game then I'm all for it. Maybe they saved money on the licenses and devoted it toward more development time or higher quality people working on it.
Post edited January 04, 2017 by Gylfe
tfishell: Assuming you missed the sale and if you can't get it anywhere legally, don't feel bad about getting it via other means! :P (imo)
You mean like borrowing it from somebody?
Good that there was notice but not much. Do the publishers only give such a small notice time to sellers? I know you have to give 30 days notice to cancel a TV contract etc. Fortunately I'd bought it at some unknown point in the past because otherwise i'd have missed it.

Oh and when a game is removed can we not keep the store page but accessible only from the library? Or create a separate library page with details, reviews and screenshots.
Post edited January 11, 2017 by amcdermo
Aaaaaand, Humble giving away Dirt: Showdown now.. Well as we all noticed that can't be a coincidence anymore. Means it probably got to go in the near future as well. No GOG release would be another shame :(
Evixios: Aaaaaand, Humble giving away Dirt: Showdown now.. Well as we all noticed that can't be a coincidence anymore. Means it probably got to go in the near future as well. No GOG release would be another shame :(
Yup... Codemasters' racing games are disappearing one by one. Kinda sad. Especially since most of them were never on GOG :/
I still hope, that GOG brings other arcade racing games into library ... I already posted a list a while ago, but yesterday I stumbled accross another game, that I totally forgot about: GT Racing 97 video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQuLWR6OOyc
Shit I just learned that I missed it...

I HATE download games.

GOG is the only store of the bigger ones I can bear, but news like this really reminds me why I still prefer physical games at all times.

Proper ones at that, not just a lazy Steam code thrown into a box with a disc that's out of date after shipment anyways, even though at least all that still has more shelf item value than mere bits and bytes on my disk still...

Ah, such a shame... :(
glassedsilver: Shit I just learned that I missed it...

I HATE download games.

GOG is the only store of the bigger ones I can bear, but news like this really reminds me why I still prefer physical games at all times.

Proper ones at that, not just a lazy Steam code thrown into a box with a disc that's out of date after shipment anyways, even though at least all that still has more shelf item value than mere bits and bytes on my disk still...

Even if the game isn't sold anymore, those who bought it still can download it at any time.
glassedsilver: Shit I just learned that I missed it...

I HATE download games.

You'll be happy to know then, that physical copies of Race Driver: GRID don't require Steam or any other kind of online authentication.
Post edited May 13, 2017 by Grargar
Damn! Glad I got (and downloaded) the game before this happened! Always loved Grid, but love it even more when not stuck on Steam.

GOG is really useful, but you have to keep your eyes open and grab them as soon as they come out, especially if a very good game, or before you know it, it`ll be gone again. The notice time is ridiculous; the Buyer will never know unless he`s lucky enough to look.

I also hate how all the Reviews vanish- I was looking for my review and was wondering where it was, which led me here.
Post edited March 15, 2018 by Socratatus