It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heading for the finish line – 80% off.

Haven't gotten behind the wheel of this legendary racer just yet? Be speedy – because Race Driver: GRID will be leaving our catalog on December 31, 2016.

Considered one of the most timeless, refined moderns racers – we're sad to see it go, but you can still grab the game now at 80% off, all the way up until December 31, 10:59 PM UTC.

Vrrrrooom, vrrrrooom.

A brief trip down memory lane, this is how GRID was first introduced to GOG.com:
Rrrrrrrnnnn! EEEEEEERRrrrrnNNNNNN!

Vrrrrooom! If you like fast cars, tight turns, and pulse-pounding races, then today's release is sure to please: Race Driver: GRID--known in the US simply as GRiD--screeches over the finish line!

In GRID, you're a driver with dreams of going big: you start out driving in others' cars for money, but soon enough you'll start your own team, picking the races you want to compete in, buying the cars and equipment that you need to get the advantage over the other drivers, and traveling the world to compete. With 43 cars and 3 different regions to compete in--the US, Europe, and Japan--there's plenty to captivate adrenaline junkies. But that's not all: GRID also features an innovative "flashback" system, whereby you can rewind time a few crucial seconds to fix any sloppy driving or mistakes, avoid crashes, and generally gain the needed edge to win. With open wheel racing, demolition derbies, GT racing, there's plenty of variety in gameplay.

Real road courses such as Le Mans are in the game, as well as street circuits such as such as the Detroit and Washington D.C.. There are also a number of fictional tracks, such as street courses in San Francisco,and Milan, and Mount Haruna.

Is that enough to get your pulse pounding? Check out Race Driver: GRID
Djaron: Burn Out 3 Takedown
There never was a PC version of that. And nobody's gonna spend money on making one, thirteen or so years later.
Djaron: Burn Out 3 Takedown
Laberbacke: There never was a PC version of that. And nobody's gonna spend money on making one, thirteen or so years later.
oh, yes, i saw it was cancelled, back in the days
solar_dome: Another bit of info for MAF. Rename extension .maff to .zip. Extract contents of zip file and you can view the webpage that way.
But then you lose most of the advantage of the add-on and could just use the browser built-in method to save the web page.

solar_dome: When I use 'print to pdf', the resulting pdf file fails to display many pieces of the webpage. I get many blank pages in the pdf file.
Maybe the add-on works better on Windows and printing to PDF works better on Linux. So the results vary.
GRID has now sped away from GOG. Let's see if anybody will remember it with fondness in 10 years from now.
Grargar: GRID has now sped away from GOG. Let's see if anybody will remember it with fondness in 10 years from now.
The game has issues which makes it hard to remember it with fondness today, so only when in the coming 10 years games do not improve (which they probably won't).
Sufyan: That makes no sense, there is no way the developers included these cars under the stipulation that they must cease selling the game after X amount of years.
F4LL0UT: Especially license-heavy games and iterative franchises like sports and racing games tend to have a short shelf life and make the vast majority of sales during a very brief period upon release so there's no reason why a publisher would not agree to a timed deal. Not to mention that if a game's or even entire franchise's premise is based on licenses publishers / developers are in a MUCH worse position to make demands concerning the deal than the rights owners (who also tend to be businesses worth much more than game publishers / developers and don't depend on the games based on their property).

And expiring licensing deals have caused dozens of games to disappear from sale. was pulled from sale because some military equipment license(s) expired. And probably most famously the re-release of [url=http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-Vice-City-Back-Steam-Nearly-10-Songs-Removed-50206.html]Vice City is missing ten songs from the original game and the same songs were removed via a patch from the Steam version also for people who had already bought the game before the licenses had expired.
That last one is why I still hang on to my PHYSICAL copy. Shame that particular stunt hurts the idea of digital sales. No longer for sale I could live with. Retroactive removal I can't.
F4LL0UT: Especially license-heavy games and iterative franchises like sports and racing games tend to have a short shelf life and make the vast majority of sales during a very brief period upon release so there's no reason why a publisher would not agree to a timed deal. Not to mention that if a game's or even entire franchise's premise is based on licenses publishers / developers are in a MUCH worse position to make demands concerning the deal than the rights owners (who also tend to be businesses worth much more than game publishers / developers and don't depend on the games based on their property).

And expiring licensing deals have caused dozens of games to disappear from sale. was pulled from sale because some military equipment license(s) expired. And probably most famously the re-release of [url=http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-Vice-City-Back-Steam-Nearly-10-Songs-Removed-50206.html]Vice City is missing ten songs from the original game and the same songs were removed via a patch from the Steam version also for people who had already bought the game before the licenses had expired.
Ostracus: That last one is why I still hang on to my PHYSICAL copy. Shame that particular stunt hurts the idea of digital sales. No longer for sale I could live with. Retroactive removal I can't.
This is part of why offline installers are so important. Had the game been on GOG, users could have backed up their offline installers and chosen not to use the updated version. With Steam, the update was forced on users automatically.
Grargar: GRID has now sped away from GOG. Let's see if anybody will remember it with fondness in 10 years from now.
Strijkbout: The game has issues which makes it hard to remember it with fondness today, so only when in the coming 10 years games do not improve (which they probably won't).
Thank the maker I bought GRID earlier. I saw this announcement just now and had to check what is happening.

Sure GRID has big issues, but the dynamics of common sliding and crashing make races a lot more eventful than in most any racing games. So I find GRID a superb game to return to every now and then for a few chaotic (but not Burnout-level chaotic) races. First I had the game for 360 years and years ago, but when I saw it here it was already a Good old game to me that I had to save for when my 360 goes to heaven.
And it's gone.
I sucks to see any games get pulled from GoG, but especially one that people liked. I missed the sale because I didn't see this post until today. I started my work week the day this was posted, so I didn't have time to check it. I guess like the ARMA games, I would've loved to have them on GoG and I was planning to buy this game. I actually had it in my cart, but it's not there anymore = (
F4LL0UT: And probably most famously the re-release of Vice City is missing ten songs from the original game and the same songs were removed via a patch from the Steam version also for people who had already bought the game before the licenses had expired.
Same happened with many other games, Call of Duty: Black Ops for example. At the Vietnam mission when Woods arrives on helicopter there was playing song "Fortunate son" of CCR. Well, not anymore. It was removed by patch at some point because license for this song expired.
Gylfe: I sucks to see any games get pulled from GoG, but especially one that people liked. I missed the sale because I didn't see this post until today. I started my work week the day this was posted, so I didn't have time to check it. I guess like the ARMA games, I would've loved to have them on GoG and I was planning to buy this game. I actually had it in my cart, but it's not there anymore = (
GRID reappeared, in a chat message to you.
The game has been removed from Steam as well. So yeah, it probably is due to an expired car license or something like that.
A legendary game - How could i miss this? ;(
jpilot: The game has been removed from Steam as well. So yeah, it probably is due to an expired car license or something like that.
ok, but what licence expired in case of chessmaster 9000 then? :-)