It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Now this is something that may be interesting to those who bought Paradox games during price change...

[url=]http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-07-paradox-offers-free-game-or-two-dlcs-after-price-hike-kerfuffle[/url]
krakataul: Now this is something that may be interesting to those who bought Paradox games during price change...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-07-paradox-offers-free-game-or-two-dlcs-after-price-hike-kerfuffle
FTFY. :)

PS:
Paradox put up its prices as a result of that old currency fluctuation chestnut
ROFL
Post edited July 07, 2017 by muntdefems
muntdefems: Anyhow, here's either a new buggy regional price, or another one that was introduced while MaGog refreshed her database:
seems to be intentional
the base game and the expansion pass have the same pricing. maybe they are not fans of south america :p
weirdly the soundtrack has a discount for south america (and also for Norway)
fuck logic, right?
high rated
TopWare seem to be more friendly towards Latin America:

---------------------------

The newly added game Two Worlds II: Call of the Tenebrae is regionally priced:

>>> It is $6.19 instead of $9.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PA, PE, UY
>>> It is $5.32 instead of $9.99 in CN
>>> It is $4.39 instead of $9.99 in RU, UA, regUZ
ciemnogrodzianin: Any particular reason they are doing something like this? It makes no sense! Sorry, if it's obvious or if it was explained somewhere before.
immi101: ask GOG and/or the publisher .... because I have no idea
you are totally right: it doesn't make sense
OK, so I've asked. And the answer is quite interesting. Here is exactly what GOG Support says (including bold print):

Hello, all the prices on GOG are decided by the publishers, not us. We can only propose the price tags that we find the most accurate for our users, but then the publisher has to agree or not. For most games, especially older ones, we use our own price matrix,

And here is the answer of one of publishers:

[i]We weren't aware of this issue.
The reality is these prices are automated on GOG's system.
I will contact their support right now and see if I can get a response from them.[/i]
You just wait, in the end we'll discover all this kerfufle was caused by Scurry McGreed, the gnome of Regional Pricing. It's the only rational explanation left... :\
Seems like a matter of choice of terms to me, each picking that which makes them look better. Publisher enters game on GOG, gets a list of regional prices, can either accept as is or customize, going through every country/region and setting a different price, which customization may also involve figuring out how to do it first. GOG considers that as the publisher setting the price, the publisher considers it as GOG automating the pricing process.
I recently moved from Armenia to Georgia and was extremely surprised to find out that the prices here are about 4 times higher despite the fact the economic situation is about the same. Turns out this is the case for most game stores, except Steam. I really liked getting my games on GOG, but now I just can't afford to keep doing it. Is there a way chance of them taking another look at this?
treyan94: I recently moved from Armenia to Georgia and was extremely surprised to find out that the prices here are about 4 times higher despite the fact the economic situation is about the same. Turns out this is the case for most game stores, except Steam. I really liked getting my games on GOG, but now I just can't afford to keep doing it. Is there a way chance of them taking another look at this?
that is weird, I never noticed that.
GOG has a regional discount for all former soviet republics (and Russia), except Georgia it seems. curious omission.
Maybe they went by the list of member states of the CIS and didn't pay attention to the fact that Georgia withdrew from it after the war in 2008 ?

but there is really not much we can do here in the forum about this.
complain loudly to the GOG support about it. It is definitely something worth pointing out.
If that doesn't help, you can try and make some publisher/developer aware of the problem.
immi101: ask GOG and/or the publisher .... because I have no idea
you are totally right: it doesn't make sense
ciemnogrodzianin: OK, so I've asked. And the answer is quite interesting. Here is exactly what GOG Support says (including bold print):

Hello, all the prices on GOG are decided by the publishers, not us. We can only propose the price tags that we find the most accurate for our users, but then the publisher has to agree or not. For most games, especially older ones, we use our own price matrix,

And here is the answer of one of publishers:

[i]We weren't aware of this issue.
The reality is these prices are automated on GOG's system.
I will contact their support right now and see if I can get a response from them.[/i]
as always, it is nobody's fault :/

maybe you can ask GOG support how their "proposed price tags" look for eastern Europe ? And if they think it "accurate" to use the same prices as in western Europe.
Post edited July 08, 2017 by immi101
high rated
new release from Friday
not sure the Antihero Pre-Order price is correct. The game page was unreachable for me for quite some time after the announcement post and it still cannot be found within the game browser.
Might just be a glitch in the matrix

--------------------------------------
Antihero Pre-Order

** 14.99$ base price

Antihero Deluxe Edition Pre-Order

>> 22.65$ +13% NO
>> 22.61$ +13% DK
>> 22.56$ +13% PL
>> 22.53$ +13% CH, DE, MC, MT, NL, regCZ, regDE, regIT, regRO, regRS, SE, SK
** 19.99$ base price
>> 19.29$ -4% GB
>> 17.09$ -15% AU, NZ
>> 11.39$ -43% BR, CL, CO, MX, PA, PE, regAR, UY
>> 10.04$ -50% CN
>> 7.39$ -63% regUZ, RU, UA
krakataul: Now this is something that may be interesting to those who bought Paradox games during price change...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-07-paradox-offers-free-game-or-two-dlcs-after-price-hike-kerfuffle
I wonder if GOG users will get anything? Most of the games and DLCs they offer are not even for sale here.
Post edited July 08, 2017 by PaterAlf
treyan94:
immi101:
CIS discounts are probably due to Russian influence, and with Russia and Georgia not being on the best of terms (understatement), that "slip" is likely quite intentional.

Oh, and I'll hazard a guess at an answer about Eastern Europe prices being pulled up to the level of the West. First there may be something about EU attempts to eliminate differences between countries when it comes to on-line purchases (though the project mainly refers to locks and software and some media is excluded at this stage from what I recall reading), so of course they'll level the field up instead of down. And then, as that won't cover Serbia and Montenegro in any way, they'll probably also add something about each country that has a currency they're more likely to use than USD does get a second currency choice, even if their own is not supported, and probably for Serbia and Montenegro that 2nd choice is also the Euro, and then they'll say in that case the prices are set in Euro and that's the result, because they're not set at a correct exchange rate (but at one that puts Europe at a clear disadvantage, of course, regardless of whether the publisher is based elsewhere or in the EU as well).
Or something along those lines. So, either way, it's not their fault, it's, um, the EU and publishers that need to accept those prices, nothing would be done without them accepting explicitly!
high rated
Cavalary: CIS discounts are probably due to Russian influence, and with Russia and Georgia not being on the best of terms (understatement), that "slip" is likely quite intentional.
I doubt that. Ukraine gets a discount and they have a rather "strained relationship" with Russia atm as well.

pricing for Antihero got fixed it seems

Antihero

>> 16.99$ +13% DK
>> 16.95$ +13% SE
>> 16.90$ +13% CH, DE, MC, MT, NL, NO, PL, regCZ, regDE, regIT, regRO, regRS, SK
>> 15.47$ +3% GB
** 14.99$ base price
>> 12.64$ -16% AU, NZ
>> 8.63$ -42% BR, CL, CO, MX, PA, PE, regAR, UY
>> 7.09$ -53% CN
>> 6.09$ -59% regUZ, RU, UA
Cavalary: CIS discounts are probably due to Russian influence, and with Russia and Georgia not being on the best of terms (understatement), that "slip" is likely quite intentional.
immi101: I doubt that. Ukraine gets a discount and they have a rather "strained relationship" with Russia atm as well.
There is a point there, but Ukraine has its own regional pricing. Even if most of the time the discounts are equal, the fact that there are some differences from regUZ says it's separate.
Cavalary: Seems like a matter of choice of terms to me, each picking that which makes them look better. Publisher enters game on GOG, gets a list of regional prices, can either accept as is or customize, going through every country/region and setting a different price, which customization may also involve figuring out how to do it first. GOG considers that as the publisher setting the price, the publisher considers it as GOG automating the pricing process.
Remember when GOG claimed they'd set flat pricing as the standard and later some devs stated the opposite?
That was when my trust was lost.