It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Considering how long this topic is, it'd be better for GOG to just use the US dollar. Then all buyers would have their purchases converted at-time-of-purchase to the current rate. Be fair and less complaining. So my bet is GOG uses regional prices carefully to wring out more profit from countries which have shown themselves to be a bigger share of GOG's sale. Time to scrap regional pricing.
ray.mccall: Considering how long this topic is, it'd be better for GOG to just use the US dollar. Then all buyers would have their purchases converted at-time-of-purchase to the current rate. Be fair and less complaining. So my bet is GOG uses regional prices carefully to wring out more profit from countries which have shown themselves to be a bigger share of GOG's sale. Time to scrap regional pricing.
To be fair, it's the publishers that use regional pricing to maximize profits, GOG just gave in to it a few years ago after until then rejecting the practice had been their second clear, specific value, after DRM-free, and the way they implement it, with store credit for those who pay more than base price, means they may actually lose on those sales (if the person actually uses the store credit), assuming they still give the same percentage of the full amount paid by the user to the publisher.
ray.mccall: Considering how long this topic is, it'd be better for GOG to just use the US dollar. Then all buyers would have their purchases converted at-time-of-purchase to the current rate. Be fair and less complaining. So my bet is GOG uses regional prices carefully to wring out more profit from countries which have shown themselves to be a bigger share of GOG's sale. Time to scrap regional pricing.
users you can still switch the currency to USD at the bottom of the page and pay with that.
But the conversion rate given by your bank isn't necessarily better than the rate used by GOG. On top of that some banks add an extra fee if paying in USD.
high rated
Cavalary: To be fair, it's the publishers that use regional pricing to maximize profits, GOG just gave in to it a few years ago after until then rejecting the practice had been their second clear, specific value, after DRM-free, and the way they implement it, with store credit for those who pay more than base price, means they may actually lose on those sales (if the person actually uses the store credit), assuming they still give the same percentage of the full amount paid by the user to the publisher.
GOG also said that they'd adamantly continue to fight for games with flat worldwide pricing, yet there have been at least a few cases reported here where they didn't even bother to mention to the devs/pubs that the option exists, so there's that.

As for the FPP - it's been now almost three years since it was first introduced. I find it quite hard to believe that they'd have introduced it in the first place, let alone keep it going this long with no signs, so far, of it going away, if they were losing money. Don't forget that paying over the base price is actual money flowing into GOG's cash reserves for GOG to use immediately as they see fit, while store credit/wallet is not, i.e. not actual money GOG's puts aside for their customers to spend, nor is GOG obliged to return to them under any circumstances.
high rated
Hmmm... price reduction for everybody except for most of Latin America: trolling or mistake?

---------------------------

Pricing changed for Infinium Strike

>>> Base price changed from $14.99 to $9.99
>>> Price history for this game: On January 23, 2017, price changed from $14.99 to $9.99

>>> Game no longer regionally priced (was $8.59 and now is $9.99) in regAR, CL, CO, MX, PE, PR, UY

>>> Regional price changed from $5.19 to $6.99 in UA, regUZ
>>> Regional price changed from $8.59 to $5.89 in BR
>>> Regional price changed from $5.19 to $3.69 in RU

Full regional pricing scheme for this game:

>>> It is $6.99 instead of $9.99 in UA, regUZ
>>> It is $5.89 instead of $9.99 in BR
>>> It is $3.69 instead of $9.99 in RU
high rated
Another price reduction:

Pricing changed for Deadlight: Director's Cut

>>> Base price changed from $19.99 to $11.99
>>> Price history for this game: On January 24, 2017, price changed from $19.99 to $11.99

>>> Game is now regionally priced ($11.19 instead of $11.99) in GB

>>> Regional price changed from $21.55 to $12.93 in PL, SE
>>> Regional price changed from $21.55 to $12.89 in CH, DK, NO
>>> Regional price changed from $21.49 to $12.89 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK
>>> Regional price changed from $10.79 to $7.00 in BR
>>> Regional price changed from $6.26 to $4.09 in RU, UA, regUZ

>>> It is $12.93 instead of $11.99 in PL, SE
>>> It is $12.89 instead of $11.99 in CH, regCZ, regDE, DK, regIT, MC, MT, NL, NO, SK
>>> It is $11.19 instead of $11.99 in GB
>>> It is $7.00 instead of $11.99 in BR
>>> It is $4.09 instead of $11.99 in RU, UA, regUZ
high rated
Looks like this is officially 'Price Reduction Week' (plus, don't miss the ridiculous regional pricing scheme for SWAT 4):

The newly added game Crypt of the NecroDancer: AMPLIFIED [In Dev] [DLC] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $4.09 instead of $6.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $2.46 instead of $6.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

The newly added game SWAT 4: Gold Edition is regionally priced:

>>> It is $9.95 instead of $9.99 in regCZ, regDE, GB, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK

Pricing changed for Cosmonautica

>>> Price history for this game: On January 24, 2017, price changed from $14.99 to $9.99

>>> Regional price changed from $8.19 to $5.89 in BR
>>> Regional price changed from $5.19 to $3.69 in RU, UA, regUZ
muntdefems: Looks like this is officially 'Price Reduction Week'
You know, just saying, but GOG could advertise these things.
muntdefems: Looks like this is officially 'Price Reduction Week'
Cavalary: You know, just saying, but GOG could advertise these things.
They probably don't want to get support tickets from the poor sods that bought the game the day before for the old price. :P
Cavalary: You know, just saying, but GOG could advertise these things.
muntdefems: They probably don't want to get support tickets from the poor sods that bought the game the day before for the old price. :P
That happened to me last year when I bought Quake 3 Arena at full price. Two days later it was on sale for 50% off. I requested a credit for the difference but they said they can't do that. I then suggested they "refund" the game and delete it from my library. The rep agreed to that on condition that I buy Q3A again but at the sale price. He said he was making an exception.

I've had instances where one GOG rep will handle inquiries differently than other reps, so it's worth contacting GOG's support again if you don't like the results the first time.
muntdefems: [...]

>>> Price history for this game: On January 24, 2017, price changed from $19.99 to $11.99

[...]
This is a rather unusual choice of price point.

ray.mccall: That happened to me last year when I bought Quake 3 Arena at full price. Two days later it was on sale for 50% off. I requested a credit for the difference but they said they can't do that. I then suggested they "refund" the game and delete it from my library. The rep agreed to that on condition that I buy Q3A again but at the sale price. He said he was making an exception. [...]
Had you already downloaded the game during those two days?
high rated
I told you those prices for SWAT 4 were ridiculous (and a little strange). Well, at least we'll be able to say that for one day we were able to buy a game cheaper than in Russia. :P

Today what we have instead is a rather puzzling pricing scheme for the BUTCHER OST:

The newly added game BUTCHER - Extended Soundtrack [DLC] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $5.99 instead of $4.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $5.89 instead of $4.99 in CA
>>> It is $5.79 instead of $4.99 in DK
>>> It is $4.96 instead of $4.99 in CH
>>> It is $4.73 instead of $4.99 in NO
>>> It is $4.39 instead of $4.99 in SE
>>> It is $4.29 instead of $4.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, regRO, regRS, SK
>>> It is $3.69 instead of $4.99 in GB, PL
>>> It is $2.99 instead of $4.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $1.39 instead of $4.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

The newly added game Hacknet Official Soundtrack [DLC] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $5.89 instead of $9.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $3.69 instead of $9.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

The newly added game Memoranda is regionally priced:

>>> It is $8.19 instead of $14.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $5.19 instead of $14.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

The newly added game Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight OST [DLC] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $1.76 instead of $2.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $1.09 instead of $2.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

Pricing changed for SWAT 4: Gold Edition

>>> Game is now regionally priced ($4.96 instead of $9.99) in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> Game is now regionally priced ($3.69 instead of $9.99) in RU, UA, regUZ

>>> It is $9.95 instead of $9.99 in regCZ, regDE, GB, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK
>>> It is $4.96 instead of $9.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
Yes. So to GOG's credit, the game was deleted, it was refunded, and I bought it again at sale price.

muntdefems: [...]

[...]
HypersomniacLive: This is a rather unusual choice of price point.

ray.mccall: That happened to me last year when I bought Quake 3 Arena at full price. Two days later it was on sale for 50% off. I requested a credit for the difference but they said they can't do that. I then suggested they "refund" the game and delete it from my library. The rep agreed to that on condition that I buy Q3A again but at the sale price. He said he was making an exception. [...]
HypersomniacLive: Had you already downloaded the game during those two days?
high rated
Aaaaaaand another price drop!

Pricing changed for Megamagic: Wizards of the Neon Age

>>> Price history for this game: On January 26, 2017, price changed from $14.99 to $9.99

>>> Game no longer regionally priced (was $8.19 and now is $9.99) in PR

>>> Game is now regionally priced ($9.69 instead of $9.99) in CH
>>> Game is now regionally priced ($9.64 instead of $9.99) in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SK

>>> Regional price changed from $13.69 to $9.95 in GB
>>> Regional price changed from $15.06 to $9.69 in DK, NO, PL
>>> Regional price changed from $15.10 to $9.64 in SE
>>> Regional price changed from $15.06 to $8.99 in AU, NZ
>>> Regional price changed from $8.19 to $5.89 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> Regional price changed from $5.19 to $4.39 in RU, UA, regUZ

>>> It is $9.95 instead of $9.99 in GB
>>> It is $9.69 instead of $9.99 in CH, DK, NO, PL
>>> It is $9.64 instead of $9.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, SE, SK
>>> It is $8.99 instead of $9.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $4.39 instead of $9.99 in RU, UA, regUZ
high rated
The stream of price drops doesn't stop!

The newly added game CrossCode [In Dev] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $21.55 instead of $19.99 in CH, DK, NO, PL, SE
>>> It is $21.49 instead of $19.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, NL, regRO, regRS, SK
>>> It is $18.69 instead of $19.99 in GB
>>> It is $15.06 instead of $19.99 in AU, NZ
>>> It is $10.79 instead of $19.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $6.26 instead of $19.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

The newly added game Mainlining is regionally priced:

The newly added game Mainlining [Demo] is flat-priced (and free)! :)

The newly added game Mainlining: Deluxe Edition Upgrade [DLC] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $2.09 instead of $3.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $0.64 instead of $3.99 in RU, UA, regUZ

Pricing changed for POSTAL: Classic and Uncut

>>> Base price changed from $5.99 to $1.99
>>> Price history for this game: On January 26, 2017, price changed from $5.99 to $1.99

>>> Game is now regionally priced ($2.19 instead of $1.99) in CH, DK, NO, PL, SE
>>> Game is now regionally priced ($2.09 instead of $1.99) in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, SK
>>> Game is now regionally priced ($1.76 instead of $1.99) in GB

>>> Regional price changed from $1.83 to $1.59 in UA, regUZ
>>> Regional price changed from $3.49 to $1.29 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, PR, UY
>>> Regional price changed from $1.83 to $0.79 in RU

>>> It is $2.19 instead of $1.99 in CH, DK, NO, PL, SE
>>> It is $2.09 instead of $1.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, SK
>>> It is $1.76 instead of $1.99 in GB
>>> It is $1.59 instead of $1.99 in UA, regUZ
>>> It is $1.29 instead of $1.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, PR, UY
>>> It is $0.79 instead of $1.99 in RU