It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

muntdefems: Did you think there were not going to be any new overpriced regional games on GOG? You thought wrong! [...]
Nah, plenty of time for a couple more before the year's out!
high rated
muntdefems: Did you think there were not going to be any new overpriced regional games on GOG? You thought wrong! [...]
HypersomniacLive: Nah, plenty of time for a couple more before the year's out!
Here's another one, though at least this one isn't more expensive than the base price anywhere...

---------------------------

The newly added game Of Light and Darkness: The Prophecy is regionally priced:

>>> It is $3.49 instead of $5.99 in BR
>>> It is $2.89 instead of $5.99 in RU, UA, regUZ
muntdefems: Here's another one, though at least this one isn't more expensive than the base price anywhere... [...]
Dang! But still enough time left. ;-P
muntdefems: Here's another one, though at least this one isn't more expensive than the base price anywhere... [...]
HypersomniacLive: Dang! But still enough time left. ;-P
Eh, maybe not. Shouldn't be a launch on Saturday, and I'm thinking they still rather stick to the Tuesday/Thursday schedule for classics, and doubt new games are getting released on Dec 30, right?
Not that I'd be surprised, of course.
Cavalary: and doubt new games are getting released on Dec 30, right?
Well, there's a couple of games being released tomorrow on Steam, so I wouldn't bet against any new releases on GOG before the end of the year...
Cavalary: and doubt new games are getting released on Dec 30, right?
muntdefems: Well, there's a couple of games being released tomorrow on Steam, so I wouldn't bet against any new releases on GOG before the end of the year...
Oh, quite a few actually, and some which might "fit" here too.
Darn odd release date I'd say, right after the holiday rush. I mean, normally the whole of January is slow, and here they are releasing even before that.
high rated
Well, there wasn't any last minute 2016 release after all, but there was something worth reporting price-wise:

Pricing changed for Singularity™

>>> Game is now regionally priced ($21.55 instead of $29.99) in CH, DK, NO, PL, SE
>>> Game is now regionally priced ($21.49 instead of $29.99) in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, SK
>>> Game is now regionally priced ($18.69 instead of $29.99) in GB

Full regional pricing scheme for this game:

>>> It is $21.55 instead of $29.99 in CH, DK, NO, PL, SE
>>> It is $21.49 instead of $29.99 in regCZ, regDE, regIT, MC, MT, SK
>>> It is $18.69 instead of $29.99 in GB
>>> It is $14.99 instead of $29.99 in UA, regUZ
>>> It is $14.59 instead of $29.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, PR, UY
>>> It is $10.49 instead of $29.99 in RU
muntdefems:
Looks to me like the base price should have dropped to 19.99, based on those values.
high rated
The first pricing-related news of 2017 are genuine Good News (except for our fellow Puerto Ricans):

Pricing changed for Feist

>>> Base price changed from $14.99 to $9.99
>>> Price history for this game: On January 4, 2017, price changed from $14.99 to $9.99

>>> Game no longer regionally priced (was $8.19 and now is $9.99) in PR

>>> Regional price changed from $8.19 to $5.89 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY

Full regional pricing scheme for this game:

>>> It is $5.89 instead of $9.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $3.69 instead of $9.99 in RU, UA, regUZ
Nightblair: Anyone care to explain this regional pricing, or give a link to thread/page where this is explained? I'm mainly puzzled why RU gets such a discount. Isn't ruble in rubble?
I'll just leave this here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_in_Europe_by_minimum_wage
high rated
Nightblair: Anyone care to explain this regional pricing, or give a link to thread/page where this is explained? I'm mainly puzzled why RU gets such a discount. Isn't ruble in rubble?
YeOlde: I'll just leave this here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_in_Europe_by_minimum_wage
Minimum wage alone doesn't say much, as long as we don't know if there are exceptions (there are in many countries) and how many people just get the minimum wage and how many get much more.

Besides that regional pricing doesn't have to do anything with fairness. For example Poland almost ever has to pay one of the highest prices worldwide and they are certainly not one of the richest countries. Not to talk about the fact that there is no regional pricing for Africa (which has a lot of poor countries) and hardly one for Asia as well.

It's more about piracy rates than about fairness.
PaterAlf:
And even if the pricing would accurately reflect wages, it'd still be dreadful for the poor people in wealthier countries and just added benefits for the wealthy in poor countries.
YeOlde: I'll just leave this here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_in_Europe_by_minimum_wage
Nice necromancy. But to the point:

I'd like to be it by this logic. That way, SK would also get a huge discount. But no, we're paying more expensive price than NO, GB, CA, ... We're usually in 1st or 2nd most expensive region and minimal wage (or PPP which is better metric for purchase power than minimal wage) is way lower than in these countries. I've been told that RU is getting discount because of rampart piracy in these parts of the world.
PaterAlf: Minimum wage alone doesn't say much, as long as we don't know if there are exceptions (there are in many countries) and how many people just get the minimum wage and how many get much more.
Hmm... So you admit that you don't know much about the actual situation in those countries. I see.

Take a look at the "Global Wealth Databook 2016" (PDF) by the Credit Suisse Research Institute, and see Table 3-1 (begins at page 106). "Median wealth per adult" and "Gini" are the values you're looking for.

PaterAlf: Besides that regional pricing doesn't have to do anything with fairness. For example Poland almost ever has to pay one of the highest prices worldwide and they are certainly not one of the richest countries. Not to talk about the fact that there is no regional pricing for Africa (which has a lot of poor countries) and hardly one for Asia as well.
Now that's odd. Did GOG staff ever comment on it?

PaterAlf: It's more about piracy rates than about fairness.
Smaller profit or no profit at all? I think the choice is obvious.

See also "Ponderous Piracy Problem - Russia". The article is 20 years old at this point, but can provide some peculiar historic insight.

Cavalary: And even if the pricing would accurately reflect wages, it'd still be dreadful for the poor people in wealthier countries and just added benefits for the wealthy in poor countries.
You basically say, "Everyone cannot be treated fairly, so there's no point in trying to treat fairly at least someone". And it has a name.

Not to mention that First-World poor =/= Second-World poor.

Nightblair: Nice necromancy.
Better late than never, eh?

Nightblair: I'd like to be it by this logic. That way, SK would also get a huge discount. But no, we're paying more expensive price than NO, GB, CA, ... We're usually in 1st or 2nd most expensive region and minimal wage (or PPP which is better metric for purchase power than minimal wage) is way lower than in these countries.
Again, that's odd.

Nightblair: I've been told that RU is getting discount because of rampart piracy in these parts of the world.
See my response to PaterAlf above.

TL;DR: I believe that we shouldn't be bashing the prices that are fairly low - instead, we should focus on the prices that are unfairly high.
high rated
Another game that arbitrarily rewards certain unfavoured parts of the world while showing the middle finger to others. And it you happen to live in the latter, don't complain because hey, at least there are others that are treated fairly:

The newly added game Caladrius Blaze [Upcoming] is regionally priced:

>>> It is $13.44 instead of $24.99 in regAR, BR, CL, CO, MX, PE, UY
>>> It is $6.26 instead of $24.99 in RU, UA, regUZ