It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
RWarehall: Except they weren't actually given voting rights, but their states were given the equivalent votes in the Electoral College as well as the additional Representatives in the House as if they could.
Shadowstalker16: True, slave owners probably still had control over them.
No. Slaves were not allowed to vote at all just as women did not have the right to vote. The 3/5ths only applied to the number of Representatives and Electoral College votes each state was allocated. Women counted for population; slaves counted 3/5ths for population purposes, but neither could vote.
Shadowstalker16: True, slave owners probably still had control over them.
RWarehall: No. Slaves were not allowed to vote at all just as women did not have the right to vote. The 3/5ths only applied to the number of Representatives and Electoral College votes each state was allocated. Women counted for population; slaves counted 3/5ths for population purposes, but neither could vote.
Ok that makes sense. So it was just a measure for getting some states over-represented.
low rated
Lets strip the Majority of their voting rights and give all the power to the "minorities"

dtgreene: I could point out one detail: When the Electoral College was originally created, it was decided that slaves (who were almost entirely black) would each count as 3/5ths of a person for determining the representation in the House (which in turn affected the number of electoral votes the state received).
Regals: I could also point out the confederates were democrats and
GOP whole purpose started as the anti-slavery party.

Which the war broke out when first republican preisdent was elected Abe.

"Whenever I hear any one arguing for slavery I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally", Abraham Lincoln republican president 1861 - 1865
Acommplisment? Ended Slavery.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." Dwight Eisenhower republican president 1953 - 1961
Accomplishment? Ended segegration of black schools and white schools.

"I’ll have those niggers voting democratic for the next 200 years",Lyndon B Johnson democrat president 1963-1969
Accomplishment? Passed bill that is still used today to reject the idea that requiring photo identification to vote is racist because blacks are too stupid to have identification.

Hillary Clintons quote , Hillary's mentor she speaks of

PS: troll bots delete post like others i'll just repost it and get it seen again... can't be spam when it "never posted"
Desegregation was a horrible idea.
Post edited December 05, 2016 by Dismember77777
So I have no idea what's going on in here but since the thoughts are there I'll just put this up for discussion.

How does everyone feel about the Trump-Taiwan phone call?

How does everyone feel about Trump planning on pulling out from the TPP? According to the media (teehee), if this were to happen then the US would lose out economically. China will become the new leader, and is 'hoping' Trump will pull out of the TPP.

Hmmm what else... What about Trump's decision to withdraw foreign aid? I think that's really a dumb decision considering the US can't replicate Pine Gap.

Anyway, that's all. I won't be discussing with anyone here, as I'm just putting down the bait for conversation.
low rated
micktiegs_8: How does everyone feel about the Trump-Taiwan phone call?
China is under communism. Communism equals to fascism, is something akin to a dictatorship and it can for no reason, attack anything that they decide it can "threaten" their absolute grasp on the power grid.

Taiwan has many nationalists, or if you prefer, people who beg to differ from totalitarian communism and that party's central power, iron-fist practice. How strange... Last time i checked my history, communism actively HUNTED and savagely PERSECUTED different opinion politics and people who expressed them! Today, of course, that we are more civilized, the pressure is less physical and more... DIPLOMATIC!

China says it "needs one complete unified China" and "Taiwan clearly belonging completely to china". Remember good old Tibet as well, son? Know that Dalai Lama is persona non grata for china? Know that China needs to rule on Taiwan and Tibet areas and hate with passion any place becoming self-sustained or even slightly independent?

Trump is a nationalist. The president of Taiwan is also a nationalist. There wasn't any good reason that they wouldn't, couldn't or shouldn't, communicate, correct? Or maybe, "democracy" now decides and DICTATES, who calls whom, when exactly and what they can or should talk about; or ever worse, what not? Besides, they weren't plotting something of sorts, they weren't "conspiring" against China's political agenda, they weren't jeopardizing china's interests, so WTF just happened...

Technically, Trump isn't the president just yet. Until the time comes to swear his oath, he ISN'T technically in power, he has no authority yet internationally and everyone claiming he (can) cause a diplomatic issue, is either lying, or propagating, which sadly, is what China currently does.

Trump's phone call was okay. Unfortunately, i can't claim the same, about the marbles of communists... Either reds are getting more and more insane by the day, or they resort to angry and powerful press displays because they feel (or probably even are, in select few extremely rare cases) threatened, just like old fella Kim or something!

For the record, Trump actively seeks to restore good relationships with Russia, went against Hilary's warmongering stunts against China in public speeches and even proposed a meeting for Kim! Strangely, though, press always sweeps under the rag any good intentions the guy has, or even better, actively pursues. ANYTHING, to prove that Trump is the devil himself and that pigs can fly!
Post edited December 05, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
micktiegs_8: How does everyone feel about the Trump-Taiwan phone call?
That it will give some content in the next months to the Taïwanese of TomoNews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKK0ErN2UQ0
low rated
micktiegs_8: How does everyone feel about Trump planning on pulling out from the TPP? According to the media (teehee), if this were to happen then the US would lose out economically. China will become the new leader, and is 'hoping' Trump will pull out of the TPP.

Hmmm what else... What about Trump's decision to withdraw foreign aid? I think that's really a dumb decision considering the US can't replicate Pine Gap.
The TPP is suspect because rather than these countries diplomatically engaging with eachother and having separate trade agreements and trade policies with each, a country signs this treaty and trades with all of them by legal obligation. This treaty has one size-fits all regulations that make internal tweaking of things like tariffs nigh impossible when it comes to trade with other signatory countries. To add to that it is very all-encompassing, and will bind signatory countries to its terms for hundreds of different commodities. If it was for some commodities, like trade of electronics or manufacturing parts or cars, it wouldn't be as serious. But since it binds countries on so many commodities, it may prevent adjustment measures for the change in value or demand of those commodities difficult.

TL;DR, it is too damn centralized. It wants to control trade of a wide range commodities with a fixed rate for all countries involved (and all the countries can vary greatly in terms of economic strength). In addition it can bind countries to follow unfavorable trade terms if the any of the commodities included in it experiences a huge change in value or supply or demand. So I'm still against it.

Foreign aid will really depend on what country it is, how much aid it receives and how efficiently it is utilized.
low rated
sanscript: You are reason as to why the world is laughing at americans, you constantly dig for something that's agreeable to your view, more interested in finding problems than solutions, and when "they" doesn't agree with you, you stop speaking and slam people with an imaginary stick...

You might lack the curriculum to actually understand what he meant, still, or understand what the scientific method is :p

Hint: Different views and arguing are just part of it.
Years_of_Chaos: Dude you are stupid.
Its time for the SJW and any other bleeding heart faggot theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8SshkAYFqY
low rated
Years_of_Chaos: Dude you are stupid.
Dismember77777: Its time for the SJW and any other bleeding heart faggot theme song

Dont forget the play-doh!
low rated
Dismember77777: Its time for the SJW and any other bleeding heart faggot theme song

Years_of_Chaos: Dont forget the play-doh!
It's time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb55teb1gJ0
low rated
We need to make America great again guys!
low rated
Dismember77777: We need to make America great again guys!
We need to make all *NATIONS* great again and prevent unchecked chaos and indiscriminate globalization from diluting and exterminating them. Good luck achieving that with all those anarchists/lefts/reds/retards/scum in the way. Who wipe their ass with holy symbols such as a nation's flag; or burn it. And break other people's property, when they don't get it their own way.
Post edited December 11, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
low rated
Dismember77777: We need to make America great again guys!
KiNgBrAdLeY7: We need to make all *NATIONS* great again and prevent unchecked chaos and indiscriminate globalization from diluting and exterminating them. Good luck achieving that with all those anarchists/lefts/reds/retards/scum in the way. Who wipe their ass with holy symbols such as a nation's flag; or burn it. And break other people's property, when they don't get it their own way.
That was sarcasm, but i agree with you. Reality will eliminate the left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DizvBRvvD8E
Post edited December 11, 2016 by Dismember77777
low rated

Years_of_Chaos: Dont forget the play-doh!
http://www.amerika.org/politics/american-establishment-tries-fails-to-revive-cold-war/
low rated
Dismember77777: That was sarcasm, but i agree with you. Reality will eliminate the left.
Indeed. Reality does tend to eliminate the sick (mis)conceptions and the twisted fantasies of the left; in reality, there is no gender-helicopter or those "aliens", that Hillary would introduce us all to, had she won that campaign. In reality, a single Madonna couldn't give a blowj@b to all those thousands of voters even if Hillary won, even if Madonna had superpowers. In reality, people with those types of hallucinations and of this caliber even worse, do end up doing blowj@bs for a living (exactly like their idols, but those do it part time or only in the beginning of their "career")... The only good thing i have to remember from my time in communist youth (before running out of their madhouse), was the orgies with the girls in my university school (and later on, i realized it wasn't even worth it).

And that was no sarcasm.
Post edited December 11, 2016 by KiNgBrAdLeY7