It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hopefully he'll be less interventionist in the Mid-East than Hillary would have been. America needs to get it's nose out of other countries' affairs and let them govern themselves.
Emob78: Trump has been qiuetly amassing energy behind the scenes, talking confidently
...promising to do all sorts of nazi shit once he's elected, and other nazi shit once he isn't elected.

Hey, at least he isn't talking about putting Clinton in jail any more, it's a start. You'll get through these eight years best if Trump doesn't keep a single one of his fascist promises.

Crosmando: Hopefully he'll be less interventionist in the Mid-East than Hillary would have been.
He promised to bomb every single inch of these countries and civilians be damned, torture the shit out of them, then suggested to take all their oil as compensation for the US war efforts.
Post edited November 09, 2016 by Vainamoinen
DubConqueror: What will happen to the world in the next four years?
Geert Wilders as PM? :o)
MaxFulvus: USA are such an entertaining country.
Show must go on !
Well, our own show is coming next year (the drama has already started), so... *shrugs*
DarrkPhoenix: I'm just hoping that the rest of the political institutions here in the US are able to keep things from completely going off the rails. Guess it's time to see how well those checks and balances actually hold up.
Tauto: He is only 1 man and certain things he can't implement without the Senate.
Who holds the majority in the Senate of the US?
DubConqueror: What will happen to the world in the next four years?
catpower1980: Geert Wilders as PM? :o)
Yes, another such an unthinkable thing that might come true. The PVV is at 36 seats of the 150 in parliament in polls. Election is in 2017. I'm scared shit for that as well. Luckily no-one wants to join in a coalition with the PVV, they made themselves impossible. But impossible things can happen, so it seems, looking at the US results today.
Post edited November 09, 2016 by DubConqueror
For me personally neither Trump nor Clinton are electable.

That said, I grant the German mainstream-media the election of Trump after their bashing of him and their shameless promotion of Clinton. Now they have to be polite to him. *snicker*
Tauto: He is only 1 man and certain things he can't implement without the Senate.
DubConqueror: Who holds the majority in the Senate of the US?
Republicans. Just saw this on TV.
Emob78: Trump has been qiuetly amassing energy behind the scenes, talking confidently
Vainamoinen: ...promising to do all sorts of nazi shit once he's elected, and other nazi shit once he isn't elected.

Hey, at least he isn't talking about putting Clinton in jail any more, it's a start. You'll get through these eight years best if Trump doesn't keep a single one of his fascist promises.

Crosmando: Hopefully he'll be less interventionist in the Mid-East than Hillary would have been.
Vainamoinen: He promised to bomb every single inch of these countries and civilians be damned, torture the shit out of them, then suggested to take all their oil as compensation for the US war efforts.
I don't think that's true, he only mentioned bombing and destroying ISIS (and maybe Al-Qaeda, I'm not sure).

Also Hillary took an extremely anti-Russian position during the election, including personally blaming Russia for hacking the Democratic Party records. She also wants to enforce a no-fly zone in Syria which would almost certainly lead to conflict with Russia.

The West should be working with Russia to destroy the Syrian opposition (really just jihadist terrorists).
Post edited November 09, 2016 by Crosmando
Vainamoinen: Here, take it from a German.
https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Nazis-considered-to-be-right-wing-parties

The nazis weren't defined by "left" or "right", they were defined by aggression, hate, nationalist fanaticism, an abundance of racism and what we would today call misogyny.

I.e. what defines Donald Trump.
darthspudius: Sure, if you believe CNN. You can't expect everyone to be THAT stupid.
DubConqueror: Just spoke to my mother. The unthinkable has happened, she said, Trump won. I never worried about the American election as I thought it unthinkable such a loudmouth nonsense-speaker like Trump would be elected president. But the majority chose TRUMP?????

What will happen to the world in the next four years? With ugly things like TTIP, CO2-emissions still way too much above what is safe, Putin still in charge in America and the most powerful nation in the world with such a horrible figure like Trump at it's wheels? My god. I'm scared.
darthspudius: Look at this drama queen, good god. Are you saying Clinton isn't a despicable horrible person? Of course she isn't. She only believes in causing violence, paying off people to do so, supports Black Lives Matter a known terrorist group, she's a third wave feminist which is extremely discriminating and sexist on its own and effectively changed the internet with her censorship of google, facebook, twitter etc.

What did Donald Trump do in comparison? Said some naughty words? Called someone fat? Give me a break.
I haven't really delved into what Hillary is like. I had hoped for Bernie Sanders to be president and turned my eyes away from the whole thing when he stepped out of the elections. The whole thing of politics, especially American politics is too aggravating to follow, it makes me worry too much and my life into a hell if I follow the news up close, I try to avoid it.

*edit: due to my mental illness I can't cope with a steady stream of bad things like the media brings, I want to see hopeful things, but my mind tends to mull on everything that's going wrong in the world and could go wrong, so I shut it off. Thus there's a lack of knowledge on my part, for which I'm grateful. What I know of everything that's wrong is enough to make my head burst and sink into a deep depression if it's wasn't for my pills and shutting off the news.
Post edited November 09, 2016 by DubConqueror
DubConqueror: Who holds the majority in the Senate of the US?
vsr: Republicans. Just saw this on TV.
Republicans control the House, Senate and White House. Soon they will control the Supreme Court as well. I would've preferred a tie. That way we have Trump as president and Hillary as vice president (House and Senate determine president and vice president respectively in a tie).

Maybe we'll get a whole bunch of faithless electors - though very unlikely.
Good luck America for 4 years!. Trump is better person than Hillary. Maybe, he is going to be best president of United State. Time will tell this!
viperfdl: That said, I grant the German mainstream-media the election of Trump after their bashing of him and their shameless promotion of Clinton. Now they have to be polite to him. *snicker*
Good old propaganda. Some Europeans believed it exists only in Russia! ;D
low rated
Interestingly enough, if my Facebook feed is anything to go by (just reactivated my FB account), it looks like Trump's victory is likely to fatally split the European far-right. While UKIP's main politicians are celebrating his win, for instance, UKIP supporters are overwhelmingly condemning it. Same with the AfD - AfD politicians praising the win, AfD voters attacking it. I can only speculate as to why this is, but I think this is because, while politicians focus on partners with common ideological ground (so Putin-Trump-AfD-UKIP-FN), the voters tend to be outwardly xenophobic in all directions, which includes against Americans, and they see Trump as being part of the same corrupt establishment as Clinton.

The only comfort we in Europe can really draw from this is that, provided that Trump doesn't manage to unleash World War III (I still have some trust in the American system of checks and controls through Democrats and moderate Republicans in the House of Reps), we have a living, breathing example of how a far-right government will tear itself and the country it governs apart that's not right on our doorstep.
Sooo.... how long until the wall is build, and how is he going to Bill the Mexicans (and make sure they pay for it...)?

When will he disband UN and international trade deals?

How long until those surveillance thingies outside every mosque is in place? And who will pay for it now that taxes are going to be cut?
Post edited November 09, 2016 by amok
low rated
Crosmando: The West should be working with Russia to destroy the Syrian opposition (really just jihadist terrorists).
So by extension, you'd be a Saddam Hussein fan then, yeah? You do realise that the Syrian and Iraqi Ba'athists are cut from the same ideological cloth as Putin and Trump?

The Nazi connections are really only to establish an easy connection in terms of ethno-nationalist supremacism and tendency towards dictatorship, but looking deeper, Trump is ideologically more along the lines of Saddam Hussein, Vladimir Putin and Bashar al-Assad.
Post edited November 09, 2016 by jamyskis