It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jabba1971: Is there a way to skip all the patches (patch_* files)? I'm only interested in backing up the full installers.
timppu: I presume this version at least should have that option:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogrepopy_python_script_for_regularly_backing_up_your_purchased_gog_collection_for_full_offline_e/post1589

Not sure if this was already merged to kalanyr's version. EDIT: Apparently it was, to the dev branch?
Yes, this works after downloading the latest Kalanyr version. Great feature. Thanks.
Dev branch update:

Added a quick and dirty implementation of downloadlimits (specified in Megabytes) on downloads , this is a quick, dirty and unsophisticated , but functional implementation. It simply prevents anything that would go over the cap being added to the initial download queue. This means it's not *exact* but it should be close (retries and such will go over but they are limited to 3) and depending on various circumstances it could end up not using the full cap. But I've tested it and it seems to work under normal circumstances. I might make it work better at a later date.

Fixed Skipos/Skiplang having never worked (which I guess means no one ever used them ? but hey they work now).
I'm still getting a lot of 404 not found error messages.
Magmarock: I'm still getting a lot of 404 not found error messages.
Yes. Those will persist until GOG does something about the galaxy installers. That will probably be a while. I notified them of it, and they responded but the response made it clear that fixing the galaxy installers in the API in some way (probably removal) was a low priority.

I'm thinking about making standalone the default, removing galaxy only , and marking both as deprecated which should steer people away from potential problems.
Post edited September 16, 2018 by Kalanyr
Magmarock: I'm still getting a lot of 404 not found error messages.
Kalanyr: Yes. Those will persist until GOG does something about the galaxy installers. That will probably be a while. I notified them of it, and they responded but the response made it clear that fixing the galaxy installers in the API in some way (probably removal) was a low priority.

I'm thinking about making standalone the default, removing galaxy only , and marking both as deprecated which should steer people away from potential problems.
That's probably a good idea since you can already get a standalone galaxy installer if you want it. Most people using this script I think would just want a quick and easy archive of their collection or favorites.
As of the next Dev branch commit I do:

Due to GOG no longer officially providing Galaxy installers but rather stubs that install Galaxy + start the Game Download only in a an online environment (and those stubs not being part of the download API) .

update: the option to download only galaxy installers is removed. The option to download both for people who want to maintain existing galaxy installers as long as possible is retained but is deprecated. The default remains standalone installers.

download: All options concerned with the above -skipgalaxy / -skipstandalone / -skipshared work as before but are all deprecated. When they are removed it will simply default to including standalone + shared (in the case where GOG has permanently removed Galaxy installers the content of shared merges back into standalone) .

This should hopefully steer people away from attempting to use Galaxy installers while still allowing management where possible for those who are doing so for archival purposes.

If you have problems with this, raise them now and I'll see what I can do to accommodate (but something has to be done since many many Galaxy installers currently give various errors due to GOG not maintaining them / the links anymore)
I have a bit of an oddity, but it's probably something on GOGs part.

The Metal Slug games (all of them) download the linux .sh installers along with windows installers when doing downloads for -os windows. When downloading with -os linux metal slug gets no download data.

Again this is probably something messed up on GOGs end as these are the only games that did this.
mmodri: I have a bit of an oddity, but it's probably something on GOGs part.

The Metal Slug games (all of them) download the linux .sh installers along with windows installers when doing downloads for -os windows. When downloading with -os linux metal slug gets no download data.

Again this is probably something messed up on GOGs end as these are the only games that did this.
I'm generally happy to troubleshoot but if you (people in general) want to trouble shoot and you suspect it's a GOG issue , a good non-technical way of checking is going to go the game in the games section of your account on the website.

(What's happened here is that for some bizarre reason the Mac and Linux versions have been included as extras not as the appropriate OS executable version)
Post edited September 20, 2018 by Kalanyr
mmodri: I have a bit of an oddity, but it's probably something on GOGs part.

Kalanyr: I'm generally happy to troubleshoot but if you (people in general) want to trouble shoot and you suspect it's a GOG issue , a good non-technical way of checking is going to go the game in the games section of your account on the website.

(What's happened here is that for some bizarre reason the Mac and Linux versions have been included as extras not as the appropriate OS executable version)
Oh duh, stupid me. I didn't even consider checking that. I just assumed they were in their own OS category. Weird that they're extras. Disregard my previous claim :D
Kalanyr: (What's happened here is that for some bizarre reason the Mac and Linux versions have been included as extras not as the appropriate OS executable version)
They are included as extras as they are specifically not officially supported.
Post edited September 23, 2018 by Gydion
mmodri: Oh duh, stupid me. I didn't even consider checking that. I just assumed they were in their own OS category. Weird that they're extras. Disregard my previous claim :D
As Gydion said, it is because they are not officially (supported) versions. Some other games also have e.g.non-English versions of games in the extras (instead behind a separate language category) because they are fan-made translations of the game, not officially published by the original game publisher.

For instance, Planescape: Torment has these alternative language and OS versions in the extras, even if you are downloading only the English Windows version of the game:

Windows Russian localization (Fargus) 1100 MB
Mac Russian localization (Fargus) 1200 MB
Linux Russian localization (Fargus) 1300 MB

I guess the only way skipping downloading them is to use the blacklist feature, but then you have to be careful that you skip only the correct files and not something you didn't intend. And as there are quite many such games having these "alternative versions" in the extras, you may need to add quite many entries in the command line command. Also, I am unsure if e.g. clean and verify commands yet support the blacklist feature?

I recall at least some of the Broken Sword games having such alternative versions (Linux and Mac versions of the Classic version), and even The Witcher 3 (and GOTY) have quite big non-English Goodies Packs for various languages in the extras.
Post edited September 22, 2018 by timppu
The above mentioned changes are now in the dev branch.

I also found and fixed some mangling of some very specific things in changelogs on the dev branch. The mangling is harmless so I'm not going to backport it, and the dev branch will fix any effected manifest, so things will get fixed once I roll dev into live.
Given that almost all Python module are now available on Python 3 and that Python 2 will end official support in 2020 and many Python modules have already moved Python 2 support into LTS or ceased it all together, I'll be moving to Python 3 for most of my work and testing on this.

I'm planning to continue support for Python 2.7 through to it's official discontinuation at least (absent some kind of fatal incompatibility in necessary module versions) .

This probably matters to almost no one (it just means the accidental bugs are more likely to be because I forgot to test Python 2 rather than Python 3).
Quick question:

Does anyone actually use GOGrepo to download the (now mostly discontinued) installers that bundled the Game + a Galaxy Stub ?

I'm considering switching over to the Galaxy API , which has considerable advantages in terms of extra available information (it should eg theoretically be possible to skip just patches) the only real disadvantage is that the ability to manage the old Galaxy stubs would vanish (as they never had Galaxy API entries).
Kalanyr: Quick question:

Does anyone actually use GOGrepo to download the (now mostly discontinued) installers that bundled the Game + a Galaxy Stub ?

I'm considering switching over to the Galaxy API , which has considerable advantages in terms of extra available information (it should eg theoretically be possible to skip just patches) the only real disadvantage is that the ability to manage the old Galaxy stubs would vanish (as they never had Galaxy API entries).
I personally do not.