It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Just for if it helps, here's a approximated overview of sales since 2012. (very approximate, just to see the whole year at a glance).

from bottom to top, 2012 to 2019.
Attachments:
Arkyle: ...
Oh, this looks interesting. Thanks for sharing!
Arkyle: ...
Thanks, that's very interesting indeed!
Post edited August 15, 2019 by krugos2
Thanks, I used the data from this thread. It seems that man sales go on winter time near Xmas, Early summer and FEB-Mar, probably being a time of the year when sales in general go slow.
Games Come True Sale added to OP.
Started 19/08, ends 26/08, 250+ deals up to -75%.
ciemnogrodzianin: Games Come True Sale added to OP.
Started 19/08, ends 26/08, 250+ deals up to -75%.
You sure? Looks like an average weekly sale to me just with more games than usual.
Post edited August 20, 2019 by PainOfSalvation
PainOfSalvation: ...
Do you think I shouldn't?

I hesitated for a while, but it's still more then 10% of the games catalogue. Discounts are not very impressive, but I think it still fulfills the criteria of big sale. Poor one, but still.

Usually only seasonal sales are big enough to discount the whole catalogue. The list from the first post contain more than that.
ciemnogrodzianin: Do you think I shouldn't?

I hesitated for a while, but it's still more then 10% of the games catalogue. Discounts are not very impressive, but I think it still fulfills the criteria of big sale. Poor one, but still.

Usually only seasonal sales are big enough to discount the whole catalogue. The list from the first post contain more than that.
When you visit GOG main page you don't even know there's a sale going on. If they don't advertise it on the front page and not give it importance, i don't think we should either. Because of that seems like a regular weekly sale to me.

Would be nice if more people would give their opinion about this. :p
PainOfSalvation: When you visit GOG main page you don't even know there's a sale going on. If they don't advertise it on the front page and not give it importance, i don't think we should either. Because of that seems like a regular weekly sale to me.

Would be nice if more people would give their opinion about this. :p
I have to agree with you. Personally it doesn't feel like a big / special sale to me. Normally they stand out from regular weekly sales from having custom made art / backgrounds on the home page which immediately draws attention to it. Likewise, the discounts seem to be getting lower and prices higher (66% vs 75-85% for Baldur's Gate / Icewind Dale / Planescape, 49% vs 75-80% for Pharoah & Zeus, etc).
Post edited August 20, 2019 by AB2012
AB2012: ...
OK, you're right. Removed. Let's wait for a big sale expected in September. If GOG will suddenly make this one something extraordinary, we can always add it again.
Hmm, latest two sales (2M Wishlist and Back to School) could be merged into one bigger sale, dunno why it has been divided into two episodes by GOG. They significantly reduced the "WOW" effect, imo. But still, there was and is some good offers :)
Post edited August 30, 2019 by erbello
To be honest I'm also a bit disappointed. Not enough classics for me. Due to personal preferences and also hardware limitations I'm usually interested in oldest games and lowest price offers, but this time not much for people like me.

But there are definitely the best sales soon/ahead - Halloween, Fall and Winter. As far as I remember 2 years ago during one of autumn sales there were a lot of bundles with adventure games with amazing prices, I spent a lot of money there and reached my personal spending limits before purchasing everything I wanted ;) It was nice after long time without bundles-based discounts. And usually Winter Sale offers extraordinarily deep discounts or even some freebies. I hope this time won't be different.
Have sales usually started on mondays?
I feel like we are due for one soon. Or else it'll just be Winter Sale.
With a lot of mid-range sales I lost my hope and I'm a bit confused. I believe we should still expect at least Fall Sale and Black Friday Sale as big events before traditionally the biggest one - Winter Sale - but I'm not sure if they're going to be anything more than 100-300 flat and mediocre discounts released every few weeks... :|
Not a fan of mid range sales either. I guess it's easier to set them up and don't put much effort in it. I prefer one big sale done properly in 2 months period where i could buy 20-30 games instead of 8 mediocre mid range sales where i barely buy anything.

I know for sure something is cooking in GOG's kitchen for their 11th Anniversary but GOG and CDPR staff can't/won't reveal what. We will see soon™.