It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

syscrusher: ...
Personally I hope for bundles. They are back and they often brake my immune system with radical discounts for games I'd never consider otherwise ;) Some of them turn out to be wonderful surprises.
syscrusher: I wonder, what giveaway titles does GOG have planned for Winter Sale 2022? And it's time to add more major titles to the library, like some of the later Far Cry and Crysis releases. Look at how Skyrim was met with such acclaim! ✨
I think Dawn of War will finally release at the start of the sale. Of course I could be wrong, but GOG replied "Soon!" to someone asking about its release on Twitter and I think it's a legitimate "Soon".

Far Cry is Ubisoft and Crysis is EA, who haven't released on GOG is years and there's nothing GOG can do if those publishers don't want to bother unfortunately.
GOG needs to pick up the phone to Ubisoft and EA and make some inquiries. Far Cry 3 and 4, the remaining Crysis titles, and tons of once-top games from circa 2010 aren't getting any newer. I mean, how many more visual novels and phone style games do we need at GOG?
The latest release Titan Station has its discount last until January 2nd. The previous release I Was a Teenage Exocolonist released a day earlier and has a discount which ends on December 15th. Simplest prediction: Winter Sale starts on Friday, December 16th (with a chance for December 15th).
Seb7.9: (...) about the 16th Salty Massive Winter Sale with Snowmen playing Video Games, and Christmas Tree and New Year's themes in the background until the Thursday 05th Midnight then Weekend Sale could take over... it will never go that way xD
The-Business: The latest release Titan Station has its discount last until January 2nd. The previous release I Was a Teenage Exocolonist released a day earlier and has a discount which ends on December 15th. Simplest prediction: Winter Sale starts on Friday, December 16th (with a chance for December 15th).
Very possible.
Post edited December 11, 2022 by KillingMoon
syscrusher: GOG needs to pick up the phone to Ubisoft and EA and make some inquiries. Far Cry 3 and 4, the remaining Crysis titles, and tons of once-top games from circa 2010 aren't getting any newer. I mean, how many more visual novels and phone style games do we need at GOG?
Not to stay off-topic for too long, but it's not about "need", it's about what GOG can actually get. GOG makes like 30-40 million a year compared to Steam's billions, so I assume numerous devs and publishers don't want to bother with GOG's small money when Steam is enough. EA tried to stay away from Steam for like a decade, but the power of "no Steam no sale" or "all my games in one place on Steam" was too powerful. Look at the Hades thread, big-name indie or indie-adjacent devs aren't interested in dealing with GOG because (I assume this is the main reason) they make plenty of money on Steam alone.
Post edited December 11, 2022 by tfishell
Yesterday I read a piece about how GOG is losing some millions a year and is shaking up the corporate structure to address the problem. GOG needs more major titles in addition to the issue of there being less interest on the part of esp. the publishers. Hopefully GOG can get this sorted out, else we'll all end up on Steam.
Post edited December 12, 2022 by syscrusher
I hope i will see the big " Winter Sale " banner on the front page today when i will get home from work .
It really doesn't matter if or when GOG's Winter Sale starts this year, if they are not going to release any new notable titles during it, just like how they did not release any new notable titles during their Black Friday 2022 sale, and just like how they always release zero to very few notable titles in general (the only notable titles released on GOG during this whole entire 2022 year were, IIRC, Alien: Isolation, Shadow of Mordor, Shadow of War and Skyrim; maybe I'm forgetting a few, but not many...a comprehensive list would still amount to very slim pickings).

With no new notable titles to offer, all GOG has instead is the same old discounts on the same old games that it offers during every seasonal sale. I already have most of the games GOG that I might want to buy, and no doubt many other GOG customers are in that same boat.

The only way GOG can fix this problem is by wooing more publishers to release their premium games here.
Post edited December 12, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: It really doesn't matter if or when GOG's Winter Sale starts this year...
Sure it does, to some people.

:)
high rated
GOG Winter sale starts today, lasts until January 3rd according to this promo tweet:
https://twitter.com/JoyBrickInc/status/1602151394630303746
SCPM: GOG Winter sale starts today, lasts until January 3rd according to this promo tweet:
https://twitter.com/JoyBrickInc/status/1602151394630303746
Nice. Here is hoping for some cool new games, or at least some big discounts!
SCPM: ...
Awesome! So it's going to launch in an hour, probably.
I don't even ask how you find all these leaks (: Thanks!
https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/1602286842514219010
How nice to start a sale on my birthday. Now if they only would add the discounts to the games and wonder if the dlc for little inferno will be discounted enough to buy it.
Since i already got an interesting game in the previous sale like streets of rage 4 with dlc.