It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
bluethief: ...
DD & Ji Ji: ...
Sports Special Sale ends next Tuesday midnight. 2 other special sales end this week.
Wednesday 14/12 makes sense, but it may also be 12/12. We'll see.

Being honest – I'm a bit tired of multiple parallel sales. Perhaps it's because I'm tracking them and posting here; my effort has significantly increased recently. After 20 promos a week containing 200 games offered with exactly the same discounts as it was a week before – I'm starting to think it no longer makes sense...

I hope they'll just bring Winter Sale next week – just to stop the spam of hundreds of small sales not worth the attention.
Post edited December 07, 2022 by ciemnogrodzianin
ciemnogrodzianin: I hope they'll just bring Winter Sale next week – just to stop the spam of hundreds of small sales not worth the attention.
I hope it too .
ciemnogrodzianin: Being honest – I'm a bit tired of multiple parallel sales. Perhaps it's because I'm tracking them and posting here; my effort has significantly increased recently. After 20 promos a week containing 200 games offered with exactly the same discounts as it was a week before – I'm starting to think it no longer makes sense...
IMO between the generally uninteresting "discount" pricing and the constant parallel sales of varying duration, I am less likely to purchase... and have in fact walked away from a number of "discounts." It just seems like a headache (and yeah, I can imagine on your end!)...

... but I can't imagine GOG would continue this "madness" unless it was generating sales.
high rated
DD & Ji Ji: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: Sports Special Sale ends next Tuesday midnight. 2 other special sales end this week.
Wednesday 14/12 makes sense, but it may also be 12/12. We'll see.

Being honest – I'm a bit tired of multiple parallel sales. Perhaps it's because I'm tracking them and posting here; my effort has significantly increased recently. After 20 promos a week containing 200 games offered with exactly the same discounts as it was a week before – I'm starting to think it no longer makes sense...

I hope they'll just bring Winter Sale next week – just to stop the spam of hundreds of small sales not worth the attention.
For what's it worth, I just wanted to say, that I totally understand - doing something 100% pro publico bono, basing only on your own motivation, time and effort, this is very exhausting with time (have similar feeling with translating all those DLCs to Gladius - and I can't even count that at any point Polish will be an official language for this game - to hell with any gratification, I would be happy just with the fact, that they added it as official language, would be for me more than enough).

And I wanted to add that me (and probably many other GOG users who are feeling it in the same way) will be always grateful for what you did so far - and even if you decide today, that it's enough and you're not going to do it anymore, I'm completely ok with that, you made more than enough of that effort for free so far, so no hard feelings. You already made your place in GOG's community history (place totally deserved).
Post edited December 07, 2022 by MartiusR
ciemnogrodzianin: Being honest – I'm a bit tired of multiple parallel sales. Perhaps it's because I'm tracking them and posting here; my effort has significantly increased recently.
Totally understand. Don't feel an obligation to worry about all that, it's not like you're getting paid for this. But thanks for what you've posted previously.
Post edited December 07, 2022 by tfishell
Great thanks for all Your marvelous work for GOG community :)
high rated
MartiusR: ...
tfishell: ...
KillingMoon: ...
Wait a second! :) I didn't mean to sound so gloomy! :)
It's just the amount of promotions that makes me think of simplifying my process. In the last few days, I didn't hunt for the start time of a promotion anymore, I just paste it when I'm comfortable. The worst case scenario may be updating 2-3 times a week or sth. I'm also thinking how to simplify sales' additions/changes posting – there's a lot of them recently, and they multiply my work of listing sales.

But to quit completely? Let me use some quote:
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day!
This day we fight!
Thanks for your support! :)
Post edited December 07, 2022 by ciemnogrodzianin
ciemnogrodzianin: But to quit completely? Let me use some quote:

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day!
This day we fight!
Thank you ciemnogrodzianin for keeping fighting the Gogs! ; )
Post edited December 08, 2022 by phaolo
ciemnogrodzianin: Being honest – I'm a bit tired of multiple parallel sales. Perhaps it's because I'm tracking them and posting here;
Yep. I totally understand you. Are you feeling like your work could be automated completely? That you are feeling like a robot?
And for what? The same games at the same prices for the 20th time this year?
When the major sales come, we see the same games with the same prices again! It all becomes one more sale, like the previous ones, only with more "bling".

If I had more time, I would have automated my end too, and reduce my visits to the website to check on things to a few times per year.
Winter Sale is creeping on us. ❄ I can feel it. It's -2*C here.
Last year it started on Monday 13th Dec.
Seb7.9: Winter Sale is creeping on us. ❄ I can feel it. It's -2*C here.
Last year it started on Monday 13th Dec.
You forecast 12th Dec?
ciemnogrodzianin:
Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.
KillingMoon: (...)
Too early, it would not hit hard enough, we need to ease ourselves for another week, keep it quiet so people will start to think if it ever happens, and then about the 16th Salty Massive Winter Sale with Snowmen playing Video Games, and Christmas Tree and New Year's themes in the background until the Thursday 05th Midnight then Weekend Sale could take over... it will never go that way xD

Salutations to General Listsmaker too ^
I usually hate mondays , but now i can't wait for the next one . This week's offers on Gog made me bored .
I wonder, what giveaway titles does GOG have planned for Winter Sale 2022? And it's time to add more major titles to the library, like some of the later Far Cry and Crysis releases. Look at how Skyrim was met with such acclaim! ✨