It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Alexim: I don't understand one thing: why the problem of this game has been solved in a very short time, at least in theory since we are still waiting for the update, while the other hundreds of problems, some even much more serious, are completely ignored? Do we have to create a thread for each of those games, attract a few hundred comments from outraged users, and then maybe something moves?
MarkoH01: Yes, Alexim - that's unfortunately and obviously the GOG way. I am glad and thankful that they helped here and that they might help with future problems that might come to their attention in a similar way but as you can see in the lack of feedback about the general problem at hand - we should not expect them to act on their own.
mrkgnao: What do you mean by "now"? Since when? Because I can still see games from two weeks ago or a month ago that are different between galaxy and offline. And I haven't seen any recent change, except things getting slightly worse.
MarkoH01: In theory creating offline installers ahould happen automatically just like neumi5694 said, however for this to happen the process has to work correctly and iirc those updated games have to be marked. It has been ages since someone from GOG staff (don't remember anymore who exactly) told me that it has happened that thise marking did not happen correctly or not at all and therefore the process of creating those installers automatically simply did not start. The moment people told GOG about them they started the creation process manually. Not sure if this still is the case though - but it sounds logical to me that this might be one source of the underlying problem regarding offline installer being outdated in comparision to Galaxy updates.
Thank you. That makes sense. So currently "now" means "soon".
nvm,someone explained it better.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by neumi5694
It seems that the update is finally here :)

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2/post2625
So is the offline installer going to be updated? Or does the publisher/developer not understand the point of gog?
high rated
Lucian_Galca: So is the offline installer going to be updated? Or does the publisher/developer not understand the point of gog?
GOG does not understand the point of GOG. Offline installers are GOG's responsibility.
Installer is now available.
It was also the same for Othercide.
Few months ago I bought it on sale.
Soon after the game had an update on Steam.

After 2-3 weeks, the patch did not land on Gog and they were very silent on the question on their discord.
I decided to refund.

Few months later they finally stated that they had no plan to update on GoG but were thinking about it.

Well if a game is available on Gog, I prefer to buy it here, and if the publishers do not care about this part of the customers, I will just skip it.

Now I'm just waiting to get it for free on Epic. I'm quite sure this will happen :)
Post edited October 01, 2021 by Imarion
Lucian_Galca: So is the offline installer going to be updated? Or does the publisher/developer not understand the point of gog?
JackknifeJohnson: GOG does not understand the point of GOG. Offline installers are GOG's responsibility.
Installer is now available.
Finally. Much thanks for letting us know.
high rated
Imarion: It was also the same for Othercide.

After 2-3 weeks, the patch did not land on Gog and they were very silent on the question on their discord.
I decided to refund.

Few months later they finally stated that they had no plan to update on GoG but were thinking about it.

Well if a game is available on Gog, I prefer to buy it here, and if the publishers do not care about this part of the customers, I will just skip it.

Now I'm just waiting to get it for free on Epic. I'm quite sure this will happen :)
Just complained about this on their discord and they replied that they are sorry and that they will update the game within the next weeks on GOG.
Post edited October 02, 2021 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Just complained about this on their discord and they replied that they are sorry and that they will update the game within the next weeks on GOG.
On behalf of the part of the community owning this title, thanks for following up on this. Much appreciated.
MarkoH01: Just complained about this on their discord and they replied that they are sorry and that they will update the game within the next weeks on GOG.
Thanks for doing GOG's job for them.
Imarion: It was also the same for Othercide.

I decided to refund.

Thank you very much!
Didn't know it was outdated. :/

This is getting the norm it seems...
(I'm slightly exaggerating)
Post edited October 04, 2021 by NuffCatnip
Yes but that is still around 6 months after steam ... I'm already angry when an update lands 2-3 weeks after steam ... Like it was the case for Phoenix point.

Also they talk about something coming for the end of the year.

Well if it is the same it is more likely to be for summer :)

At any rate that is good for the current owners of the game at least.
Imarion: Yes but that is still around 6 months after steam ... I'm already angry when an update lands 2-3 weeks after steam ... Like it was the case for Phoenix point.
Just wanted to help to speed things up and don't let them get away with the "we have no plans on updating GOG" so called "explanation". It does not mean that they did not do anything wrong and that there is nothing to be angry about and yes, you are perfectly right. 6 months is far too late. Let's hope they better themselves.
Post edited October 04, 2021 by MarkoH01