It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

@Micro, you were already voting for trent. I stand by my opinion. That I won't vote trent today. I could change to Lift if there is a chance. I might be offline for a few hours so I hope it won't be late
Lifthrasil: Or to avoid killing the IC as long as there are two scum, so that they can keep their Daychat. If the kill the IC, they lose it. One way or the other scum has a strong interest in knowing who the IC is. Which is also why, on second reading, trent's urging to reveal the IC is more helpful to scum than to town.
trentonlf: You are trying to twist something that is not true. Here is a quote directly from the OP "There are exactly two mafia players in the game and they are allowed to day-chat as long as the Hidden Innocent Child remains hidden. Once they request mod confirmation or they get Night-Killed, whichever happens first, the mafia day-chat will transform into a standard Night-only chat.

That benefits Town more than it benefits scum, and trying to twist it to seem like a bad thing is to me sound like scum trying to keep their Day chat going as they know how beneficial it is.
Who is twisting words now? You confirm what I write. Scum lose their Daychat if they kill the IC. So they have a vested interest in working who the IC is. Therefore your softclaim, if you are Town, was a bad thing. It gives scum information without deprieving them of their Daychat. Sure, if the IC requests confirmation the effect is also a loss of the Daychat. But your way, with softclaiming vanilla town, is the worst of all choices.

I grant that your idea to have the IC claim and get confirmed is not necessarily an anti-town move. But your softclaim was and it would have been worse, if more soft-claims had followed. And I still think that my risk/benefit analysis about when to claim as an IC holds true. As I said, if the IC claims now, we get a confirmed Townie for Today and Tomorrow and Scum lose their Daychat. If they claim later, the impact of that confirmed Townie grows significantly.

Lifthrasil: Actually I feel more comfortable with where my vote was before. Nmillar voted quite opportunistically Yesterday and goes right back Today to the same principle. He's just going along with other player's suspicion, picking GH as convenient target, without making an own point. That's not Town scum-hunting. That's someone going along with an easy target. Either out of disinterest in the game - or out of scumminess. I choose to assume the latter.
Microfish_1: Has this opinion changed? Why do you say he voted opportunistically Yesterday? I've done it often myself in previous games, but at what point does "I've nothing to say that hasn't been said by others" go from literally nothing to say and not wanting to parrot (and be accused of riding on coat-tails) to scummy? It seems to me to be akin to the proverbial Rock and Hard Place if you can't find some OC.
Anyway, not saying you are wrong but please list why D1 was opportunistic?
Opportunistic voting is going for the easiest target. Nmillar wasn't invested D1, as he admits himself. He just went along with the flow. Which doesn't add anything for Town. ... At which point does a disinterested playstyle become opportunitstic? That's a matter of feeling. I had the feeling that nmillar was taking it too easy and was just testing for easy targets to see what might stick. Therefore my accusation. However, with todays performance from nmillar and explanation with his low investment with RL stuff, I had to re-rate my reading of him.

For now, with trent's reaction, my vote stays where it is. But I'll switch to GH tomorrow if necessary.
Everyone is giving way too much emphasis on the IC staying hidden. The IC is nothing special but a confirmed Town player, other than the fact that once they reveal scum no longer have Day chat. Maybe people don't care about scum not having Day chat, but IMO that is more vital than the IC staying hidden.
trentonlf: Everyone is giving way too much emphasis on the IC staying hidden. The IC is nothing special but a confirmed Town player, other than the fact that once they reveal scum no longer have Day chat. Maybe people don't care about scum not having Day chat, but IMO that is more vital than the IC staying hidden.
But don't you see the difference in power of the IC depending on the number of players? With 9 players each Town player has to find scum among the 8 others. Confirming the IC removes 1/8th of the suspect pool, but there are still 7 unknown left.
With 5 players, for example, the IC coming out already removes 1/4th of the suspect pool. Which makes it twice as powerful.

Yes, the Daychat is a valuable tool and if the IC decided to take that away from scum, then they are welcome to do so. There are, as I detailed, advantages and risks both for the hidden path and for the immediate reveal. However, you soft-claiming not to be the IC helped scum without giving us anything in return. You reduced the 'IC-suspect pool' for scum without reducing the 'scum suspect pool' for Town and without taking the Daychat away from them.

But re-reading and re-thinking it, that is probably more bad play than scummy play. Therefore

unvote trent

I won't put GH at L-1 yet, because we still have time to discuss and I don't want to risk a quickhammer.
Lifthrasil: I won't put GH at L-1 yet, because we still have time to discuss and I don't want to risk a quickhammer.
What time? Are we going for the Chinese fire drill again? There's an hour left! I know I'm not going to be present during this last hour. Either vote GH or go back to Trent.

"Bond. James Bond." - James Bond, Dr. No, 1962
Pookina: What time? Are we going for the Chinese fire drill again? There's an hour left! I know I'm not going to be present during this last hour. Either vote GH or go back to Trent.

Dedo gave a 24 hour extension about 8 hours ago
VOTE COUNT

GymHenson 3 - Pookina (#332), nmillar (#372), blotunga (#424)
nmillar 1 - Bookwyrm627 (#389)
trentonlf 2 - Microfish_1 (#495), GymHenson (#460)
Lifthrasil 1 - trentonlf (#485)

Not voting: Catte, Lifthrasil

With 9 players it takes 5 votes to achieve a lynch.

GymHenson is closest to lynch at L-2.

D2 ends in approximately 15 hours.
Bookwyrm627: 2) Considering the very recent reread, I'm a little concerned that Nmillar apparently needed a reconfirm from GH about whether GH is the IC.
Just the way ZFR backtracked so suddenly had me a little concerned that GH might claim IC, but you're right, ZFR did provide another reason for changing his opinion.
IC=Distraction
Distraction=Smokescreen for scum

Whoever the IC is they obviously have no plan on claiming today or they would have. We need to move on from talking about that and focusing on voting whoever we think is the best option for lynch and why. None of this "Well I am just doing it so we don't have a NL" or "Well no one really stands out to me so I like everyone's argument against **insert name** so I will vote them".

You think someone is scum then VOTE and state why you are voting, we need clear records to look back on if a mishlynch happens as to why people voted the way they did.

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!
GymHenson: GH or trent
Microfish_1: You... Now i can't say GH or Trent or i'll be piggybacking. >:(
Also, reasoning would be appreciated.
GH or Trent what? Vote/lynch? Also I think you quoted the wrong post(I don't see the above or a similar bit in my post 422).

Microfish_1: HEY I enjoy your RPing and crumbing. It is enjoyable. even when I cannot figure it out (Harry Potter game). :D
Thank ye kindly. :)
Pookina: What time? Are we going for the Chinese fire drill again? There's an hour left! I know I'm not going to be present during this last hour. Either vote GH or go back to Trent.

trentonlf: Dedo gave a 24 hour extension about 8 hours ago
This......there was a good deal of posting about it(NMillar's ma's party and the mafia game's extension)...so i'm puzzled how Pookina seems to have missed it.

trentonlf: Whoever the IC is they obviously have no plan on claiming today or they would have. We need to move on from talking about that and focusing on voting whoever we think is the best option for lynch and why. None of this "Well I am just doing it so we don't have a NL" or "Well no one really stands out to me so I like everyone's argument against **insert name** so I will vote them".

You think someone is scum then VOTE and state why you are voting, we need clear records to look back on if a mishlynch happens as to why people voted the way they did.
Besides what I noted about Pookina, another thought came to mind re: what you just said and what I recalled after reading the not voting list in dedo's latest vote count:

BOTH Catte and Lift have(iirc) stated they'd vote me to avoid NL, and BOTH are holding of voting for me until later.

Could they both be scum and pulling some sort of stunt(dunno how to describe properly what I mean here..what words to use...etc etc)? I dunno, but the fact that both said they'd vote me if need be & that both are holding off seems a bit suspect/off/etc to me.

+++

So in summary: Lift/Catte and Pookina seem a bit more off to me atm, from my recollection of the prior game posts and recent posts. Would be willing to vote any of em.
trentonlf: Dedo gave a 24 hour extension about 8 hours ago
It was only really a 14 hour extension. Instead of the day ending at 20:00 UTC tonight it's 10:00 UTC tomorrow so don't get too complacent. Deadline is around 7 hours away at the time of writing. I'm about to go to bed and there's a good chance I won't be awake before EoD so I'll lay my vote now.

Vote GymHenson

GymHenson: BOTH Catte and Lift have(iirc) stated they'd vote me to avoid NL, and BOTH are holding of voting for me until later.

Could they both be scum and pulling some sort of stunt(dunno how to describe properly what I mean here..what words to use...etc etc)? I dunno, but the fact that both said they'd vote me if need be & that both are holding off seems a bit suspect/off/etc to me.
You got your wish! As I said before, I didn't see any value in putting you at L-1 until EoD. As this is likely to be the last time I am online toDay, I've voted. I leave it in the capable hands of those who are going to be awake a while longer.
my name is capitayn catte: You got your wish! As I said before, I didn't see any value in putting you at L-1 until EoD.
And if you're town and truly suspect me, wouldn't you want me to be lynched asap to help town? Something seems...off.

Musing: scum probably find me a decent distraction from them/their actions during the game, so if you're scum that could be why you held off....so that I likely/hopefully wouldn't actually be lynched(and thus remain a distraction), but you'd look more town for voting me.
(again, to all: could be me just chasing shadows again...but perhaps not...make of it what y'all will).

my name is capitayn catte: As this is likely to be the last time I am online toDay, I've voted. I leave it in the capable hands of those who are going to be awake a while longer.
We will see, I guess.

+++

Gh starts to whistle a sea shanty as he sits deep in thought, trying his best to make sense of the day's events.

"Seems the game is afoot....but it is also ahand as well?" GH muses, before nodding off for a quick nap.
The lack of participation this close to the end of the day is disappointing, will be hard for any real discussion to happen. Lynch will be me or GH and I am starting to suspect that GH is not scum and I know I'm not. I have to get up in 4.5 hours and go to work so I will not be around for the end of day. If the lynch is switched to me take a closer look at Lift, Blotunga, and Catte. I suspect one if not two scum are in that list.

GH if you are the lynch you have played a good game IMO and I hate to see you leave. If you're scum then kudos as you fooled me.
Agree with Trent that the lack of participation has been disappointing.

Having said that, I'm aware that GH is now at L-1, but am happy leaving my vote on him. I'm around all day today, so if anyone does have any persuasive arguments against his lynch, then I will of course take these on board.

If GH isn't scum, then Bookwyrm and Micro for me.