It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In case anyone was wondering, agent really did lie. I was not scum from the beginning, I was the replacement for Microfish.
Yay! We won! But nmillar did put up a very good fight under very difficult conditions.

trentonlf: In case anyone was wondering, agent really did lie. I was not scum from the beginning, I was the replacement for Microfish.
Now that's interesting.

I still don't understand though why agent went and made an unnecessary fullclaim.
trentonlf: In case anyone was wondering, agent really did lie. I was not scum from the beginning, I was the replacement for Microfish.
But... why?

Anyway, I'm happy I picked up on that you both may be scum D1.
ZFR: gg

I finally won a non-Lift game.
And I lived until a game concluded....yay. XD
======================================

joppo: Congratulations, town players. It was a very interesting game.

Extra congrats to GameRager for finally staying alive til the end.
Tbh, I now think we MUST be shifted into some alternate reality as I didn't die this time. o.0

SirPrimalform: I'm sorry, it had to be done. You'd both acted in such a suspicious way that I couldn't accept the possibility we'd be down to the last 5 with both of you unconfirmed, it would have been a huge distraction that would allow the scum to hide.
I am shocked you peeps didn't lynch me as Blotunga has more experience and can help his side better.....oh well, at least I didn't di-

*ded scum shoots GR*

"Not again"

PookaMustard: Whew! Because of nmillar's last post, I was second guessing myself, "maybe SPF is scum? why would nmillar say that when he's hammered?"

But I'm glad I made it to the end in one piece. It must be my first time making it this far as town. (Same goes for GR).
I found it odd too.....maybe it was NMillar's way to keep us all on the edge of our seats with anti-ci-......pation. :)

PookaMustard: (also holy heck, SPF, nmillar and GameRager were all in the very first Mafia game)
Was I? That must have been years back and I forgot. I do remember the very loosely based mafia CYOA(in name only) I made, though.

PookaMustard: I'd like feedback on how I played, considering I was a touch suspicious at the beginning. But if there's one thing I learned, is that there are indeed moments where I can avoid being lynched even at L-1. I was almost gone that time, but my return and voting for an extension helped town avoid a mislynch.
I think your lack of much posting made me a bit suspicious, along with some other things, but you seemed to play well enough.
Also, for what it's worth, very good job on D2. As you can see from the observer chat, your D2 behaviour caused me to believe you're town.
Joe, thanks for hosting! Your flavor kept me on the edge of my seat, and I've learned a thing or two about Haiti I wouldn't have otherwise. And how did you get that custom avatar for the game? It was a nice touch.

GameRager, good to see you finally made it to the end of the game.

Nmillar, your playing was great. It's impressive that you nearly won after losing both scumbuddies in the first two days.
GameRager: Was I? That must have been years back and I forgot. I do remember the very loosely based mafia CYOA(in name only) I made, though.
SPF dropped a link to the first game, I think he was saying "would life even have a point?" where you can get there and see yourself having been in the very first game.

GameRager: I think your lack of much posting made me a bit suspicious, along with some other things, but you seemed to play well enough.
My intermittent posting didn't help indeed. Then again, the game was mostly going on and on the same way it did, one day it's agent doing the gambit and everybody talked to death about it, then the next it's blotunga and you and everybody talked about you to death, that stuff. By the last few days, I finally found the room to air it out.

Oh, I should respond to some stuff in the observer chat.

> Pooka's taking the piss
> everything about blotunga and GR

It had to happen sooner or later. Their play was strange and kept us thinking that maybe Joe, the trickster, had a surprise up his sleeve - in this case the four-mafia idea - and it wasn't that far of a stretch by Joe's standards. He himself notes that the town in the setup could mop the mafia. Maybe there would've been less mopping if there was a four scumteam; imagine Agent pulling the gambit and sacrificing his life so we would all think there are only three mafia when there are four. Would've been a great twist, but eh.

> RFG's night findings

It would've been very beneficial for nmillar to get me mislynched right there, rather than have RFG clear me. Given RFG's next target though, if I were mislynched, RFG could have tracked nmillar offing Lift. With that finding, the game would've been over. Oddly enough, by my staying alive, he lived longer than if I had been unmasked. Or so I would think, only RFG can truly answer if he would've gone for nmillar straight if I died.

Not sure I recall anything else. but it's- oh.

> ZFR not wanting an extension
You were dead, you can't influence the game :[

I think that's about it all.
RedFireGaming: Joe, thanks for hosting! Your flavor kept me on the edge of my seat, and I've learned a thing or two about Haiti I wouldn't have otherwise. And how did you get that custom avatar for the game? It was a nice touch.

GameRager, good to see you finally made it to the end of the game.

Nmillar, your playing was great. It's impressive that you nearly won after losing both scumbuddies in the first two days.
Yeah it's nice I made it for once.

As for NMillar: I find it funny that I(a newbie) figured NMillar likely being the last scum and SPF being unlikely yet most in the observer thread pegged SPF as last scum......I finally did good for a change in the voting/predictions stuff.

Has the world gone mad/topsy turvy, I wonder?
========================

PookaMustard: SPF dropped a link to the first game, I think he was saying "would life even have a point?" where you can get there and see yourself having been in the very first game.
If that was why he posted that I didn't pick up on it....nice find. As for that game, as I said it happened so long ago, so I likely forgot it due to poor memory and IRL stuff that came up between then and now.

PookaMustard: My intermittent posting didn't help indeed. Then again, the game was mostly going on and on the same way it did, one day it's agent doing the gambit and everybody talked to death about it, then the next it's blotunga and you and everybody talked about you to death, that stuff. By the last few days, I finally found the room to air it out.
Still you could've hopped in at any point if you wanted....you didn't have to wait for a lull in the posting or anything. :)

PookaMustard: Oh, I should respond to some stuff in the observer chat.

> Pooka's taking the piss
> everything about blotunga and GR

It had to happen sooner or later. Their play was strange and kept us thinking that maybe Joe, the trickster, had a surprise up his sleeve - in this case the four-mafia idea - and it wasn't that far of a stretch by Joe's standards. He himself notes that the town in the setup could mop the mafia. Maybe there would've been less mopping if there was a four scumteam; imagine Agent pulling the gambit and sacrificing his life so we would all think there are only three mafia when there are four. Would've been a great twist, but eh.
I found it funny that everyone focused on me so much that one day even with Blotunga trying to verify me being town, but also saw my lynch as inevitable. Thankfully I managed to avoid it due to scum wanting to go after other targets until the next day. Though(if I read the scum chat right) I was going to be hit the next game "day" if we chose wrong anyways, so thankfully it didn't come to that so I could survive for once. :D

PookaMustard: I think that's about it all.
You missed the various comments about my lazy play style....those were fun for me to read. ;D
Post edited October 26, 2019 by GameRager
Well, you can all thank me for a very tense and interesting game. :P

This game brings me 3-0 for dying before Day 2 since I've returned.
I do still wonder what he was hoping for... That one of you would get lynched and the other cleared?
agentcarr16: Well, you can all thank me for a very tense and interesting game. :P

This game brings me 3-0 for dying before Day 2 since I've returned.
Join the club....up until this game it happened to me nearly every game(that I can recollect). :|
SirPrimalform: I do still wonder what he was hoping for... That one of you would get lynched and the other cleared?
Good game everyone, congrats to winners.

Thanks Joe for hosting!

@Joe, can you give some references that you used for this flavour?

SirPrimalform: ...
One more thing, I kind of agree with Joe that he redacted the Kalunga part.

I agree that the mod shouldn't help the scum if they unnecessarily claim, but in this case it looked to me more of a roleplay than a claim. Imagine a medieval fantasy setting where you're told you're Randalf the Archmage and make a first post "Hi, I'll use my powerful spells to find who the scum are." only to learn that in this game magic users are the scum and you accidentally outed yourself.
I mean it would be different if it was a known setting like Orcs in Azeroth or Sith in Starwars/trek, but given a fairly obscure Haitian mythology I wouldn't know Kalunga from Adam.
SirPrimalform: I do still wonder what he was hoping for... That one of you would get lynched and the other cleared?
Yeah, that would have been nice. TBH, I just wondered what would happen. Too many of these game play out the same through Day 1, so I decided to make things a little crazy.
ZFR: One more thing, I kind of agree with Joe that he redacted the Kalunga part.

I agree that the mod shouldn't help the scum if they unnecessarily claim, but in this case it looked to me more of a roleplay than a claim. Imagine a medieval fantasy setting where you're told you're Randalf the Archmage and make a first post "Hi, I'll use my powerful spells to find who the scum are." only to learn that in this game magic users are the scum and you accidentally outed yourself.
I mean it would be different if it was a known setting like Orcs in Azeroth or Sith in Starwars/trek, but given a fairly obscure Haitian mythology I wouldn't know Kalunga from Adam.
That wasn't exactly the argument I was making. It was "Why would anyone claim their role on Day one?". Whether you're town or scum it just seems silly to come out and say "I'm Barry the cop!". Giving out information unprompted is just silly, much more so if you're scum, especially since its significance might only become apparent later. Imagine if all of the scum had claimed their real names early in the Captain Sapphire game, the names might not have had any direct significance to us at first but we might have worked it out later in the game and then they would all have been trapped and unable to falseclaim. It's for that reason that I wouldn't have intervened, not because I'd expect anyone to know who Kalunga is or what it means in the context of the game, but because there was no reason for anyone (especially scum) to give any information out at that point.

It's interesting that both of the leaving players were mafia... I wonder if it was in response to one of their teammates claiming on the first page? :P
agentcarr16: Yeah, that would have been nice. TBH, I just wondered what would happen. Too many of these game play out the same through Day 1, so I decided to make things a little crazy.
Well it definitely made for an unusual start!
Post edited October 26, 2019 by SirPrimalform