It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: Good night, by the way. The music's done for today and I'm tired.
You'll have to give me your favorite bands in the morning.
ZFR: <snip>
agentcarr16: NP, enjoyed hosting again.

What did people think of the setup?
Now that the game is over: I will say that I loved the flavor text you added and the bits where some roleplayed to honor me a bit....it was all nice, and I wish more did it in general. Also nice game overall. :)
RedFireGaming: Thanks everyone! Agentcarr, the setup was amazing, and so was the [Story? Background? I don't know the specific word.]
As of now, it is my real life birthday, and this was a really nice way to top off the day.

I don't think I've gotten this much adrenalin and stress from a game before.

This is also probably the last time anyone will trust me, judging by Pooka and Lift. At least I haven't played secret Hitler! (Yet)

Congratulations to Trent for being the first to figure me out! GR and Pooka, sorry for killing you.
agentcarr16: NP, enjoyed hosting again.

What did people think of the setup?
GameRager: Now that the game is over: I will say that I loved the flavor text you added and the bits where some roleplayed to honor me a bit....it was all nice, and I wish more did it in general. Also nice game overall. :)
Thanks. :) I wasn't planning any flavour, so I'm glad that it managed to come together so well.
PookaMustard: I am the town cop.
Bookwyrm627: Briefly scanning, since I have reply notifications. I don't have time right now and I'm on mobile anyway, so keeping this short.

If Pooka is lying, then real cop please keep your mouth shut about it for now. Scum!Pooka could be fishing for the cop on his way out.

And yes, I'm following my own advice on this as well.
p.s. This post pinged pretty hard. It's the same logic SPF used in that last 2018 game, when he also had an ulterior non-town motive for trying to lynch the claimed town cop.

It's generally not good advice from a town POV. ;)
bler144: on the overly slim chance scum picked Godfather for the role
Why overly slim chances of picking GF?
GameRager: Now that the game is over: I will say that I loved the flavor text you added and the bits where some roleplayed to honor me a bit....it was all nice, and I wish more did it in general. Also nice game overall. :)
agentcarr16: Thanks. :) I wasn't planning any flavour, so I'm glad that it managed to come together so well.
TBH(as I said) I wish more would make the effort(players and OPs)...it makes the game more than simple analyzing and back and forth as it usually is.
bler144: I didn't follow closely, but...

1) Town hasty-lynched the doctor D1, and

2) then lynched the person who had been copped (by the flipped town cop) at LYLO on the overly slim chance scum picked Godfather for the role AND that Godfather just happened to be Lift which, regardless of anyone's gut, makes it the lowest percentage play on the board?

Yikes.
1) The unclaimed doctor was lynched in the last hours of the Day, and the biggest other wagon was probably the Town Cop.

2) What says that Lift wasn't GF? I think the lynch was more based on player's behavior over previous days.
Bookwyrm627: Briefly scanning, since I have reply notifications. I don't have time right now and I'm on mobile anyway, so keeping this short.

If Pooka is lying, then real cop please keep your mouth shut about it for now. Scum!Pooka could be fishing for the cop on his way out.

And yes, I'm following my own advice on this as well.
bler144: p.s. This post pinged pretty hard. It's the same logic SPF used in that last 2018 game, when he also had an ulterior non-town motive for trying to lynch the claimed town cop.

It's generally not good advice from a town POV. ;)
How is "Don't accept a claim from someone at L-1 at face value" not a town move?

Hard to say how successful I was from the inside (fairly successful, based on how town read I was), but I was trying my best to scum hunt as though I were town. I suspect that had I been town, I might actually have called for his lynch harder after that claim, though the mechanical reason for me leaving his wagon was true.
Post edited August 18, 2019 by Bookwyrm627
bler144: on the overly slim chance scum picked Godfather for the role
ZFR: Why overly slim chances of picking GF?
It's the "AND that GF is Lift" that makes the combo slim.

Bookwyrm627: /snip
That part is fine, you should scrutinize the claim. It's the trying to suppress a counter claim that increases the likelihood the lynch goes through that's more dubious.

If you aren't the cop, let the cop decide if it's worth coming forward and how their claim may be judged. Though in general, 1) the cop should come forward - the point is to catch scum, and 2) especially in our games town shouldn't go around lynching claimed town cops because they were a bit suspicious because a lot of us play pretty sloppy.

I think the only real hitch is whether the real cop in that scenario has a better/worse claim than the fake claimant. At best for mafia the fake claim to bring out the real cop is just mitigating a result that's still bad for them.

And I understand flub's lynch happened in a rush - it's the age old GoG mafia problem where town puts off making a decision and then kinda has to rush into something, or more rarely where town does build actual wagons and then decides to fire drill off onto somebody more exciting at the last minute.
Post edited August 18, 2019 by bler144
I miss today due to real life and come back to see the game over LOL

Nice game bookwyrm and Red! Thanks agent for hosting, had fun.

If I had actually been here today I’m not sure I would have voted Lift, probably still would have voted Red. If I had made it to the end with bookwyrm and Lift or ZFR I probably would have not voted bookwyrm still, I had him as one of my stronger Town reads. Nice job on fooling most everyone bookwyrm :-)
holy hell

you mafia bastards! You were all too flawless! Congratulations!

Seriously, I thought it was bookwyrm and trent given the last investigation I had right before I died (ZFR was town for me).

----
Speaking of, since this is my most sloppy game. How did I mess up this badly? The knowledge will help me later.
PookaMustard: Speaking of, since this is my most sloppy game. How did I mess up this badly? The knowledge will help me later.
What made me most suspicious of you, was your choice of investigation target. With the very low number of investigations you would get in such a small game, it seemed like an awful waste to waste an investigation on someone you read as Town, instead of trying to find scum. Had you investigated ZFR because of your previously stated suspicion or if you had investigated someone you couldn't read at all, then I would have believed your claim.
PookaMustard: Speaking of, since this is my most sloppy game. How did I mess up this badly? The knowledge will help me later.
Lifthrasil: What made me most suspicious of you, was your choice of investigation target. With the very low number of investigations you would get in such a small game, it seemed like an awful waste to waste an investigation on someone you read as Town, instead of trying to find scum. Had you investigated ZFR because of your previously stated suspicion or if you had investigated someone you couldn't read at all, then I would have believed your claim.
You do have a point. I recalled that in the SH games I mentioned, I didn't have a definite scum read, so I would resort to looking at those who are active, since, as zeogold likes to say, "he who shouts the loudest has the floor." By then, I would see, "oh, she talks a lot and seems most liberal, let me check her" only to turn up with a Fascist result. I kept her at bay the whole game (though we still lost to the fascists anyway).

Here, I had a definite scum read (ZFR). Had I investigated him, I could have ended this town-on-town violence and channeled it somewhere else. Still, I found it interesting that there were enough votes to lynch.............the person who was read town by the cop. I mean yes, there is a chance you could've been the godfather, but it still looks odd to me that on Day 3, you're immediately the agreed target.

But anyway, my choice of investigation target was made clear after I claimed. The problem I'm more concerned about how is I got to be most suspect to the point that I needed to claim in vain hopes that I could get a mafioso lynched.
Post edited August 18, 2019 by PookaMustard
I was on vacation, so haven't really checked in, so what were the scum roles?
Btw, congrats to scum, gg
Lifthrasil: Good night, by the way. The music's done for today and I'm tired.
RedFireGaming: You'll have to give me your favorite bands in the morning.
My absolute favourite out of the bands that were playing is Van Canto.
Followed by Hammerfall, Lordi, Versengold, DragonForce, Subway to Sally, In Flames (awesome show), Battle Beast and Eluveitie.

But you asked also about German Metal. Bands, that unfortunately weren't on the festival but are very good, are:
Blind Guardian
Axxis

(both are Power Metal)

And some medieval Rock bands, in order of my preference, who mostly sing in German (or Latin):
Saltatio Mortis
In Extremo (who performed in the computer game Gothic)
Corvus Corax
Schandmaul
Faun
For me, the one thing that you did wrong was claiming you agreeing with Lift was an implicit breadcrumb.

If you didn't make a breadcrumb, and as mentioned PR don't always breadcrum lest scum find them, you should have just said so. To me it seemed you were a scum trying to conjure up breadcrumbs were none existed.

And as Lift and trent mentioned, as a cop in general, especially in small games, you should be looking to scum instead of Town. Of course there always might be exceptions, but in this case I don't think Lift was a good choice if you wanted to clear him.

Also, I tunnelled too much, sorry about that.
bler144: Though in general, 1) the cop should come forward - the point is to catch scum,
Not if the fake claimer slipped and can be caught without a CC. I remember Joe's game where scene claimed, was caught and I specifically asked any real Cop not to counterclaim there too.
Otherwise any scum would claim cop on L-1 to draw out the real one.
trentonlf: If I had made it to the end with bookwyrm and Lift or ZFR I probably would have not voted bookwyrm still, I had him as one of my stronger Town reads.
If Lift was there, he'd have been cleared by Pooka's read and Red's flip, so it would have been me, you and Bookwyrm. And I'd have probably voted you.
Post edited August 18, 2019 by ZFR