It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Something to consider before you vote me thereby making me the final mislynch: I'm usually much better at appearing Towny when I'm scum. I plan my posts and I care about whom I alternate and whom I 'team up' with. In this game I was kind of suspect the entire time. Because I say what I think without planning. As town, one has to share all thoughts. As scum, one had to hold up appearances. That's the fundamental difference.

Now of course this is self-meta and loads of WIFOM, but those of you who know me, know that I can appear very towny if I want to. So why wouldn't I, if appearances were all I cared about?
Lifthrasil: Wouldn't vote ZFR. If he is scum that was his best game yet!
Thanks I wish I were scum this game. Would have been cool.

It's Red's indecisiveness that's causing me to think he's Town. A fellow scum would have told him to "believe" X is scum and Y is town.
Then again if his partner is one of you three, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that that's the coaching itself "continue to pretend to be the indecisive newbie." Any of you could pull it off.

If Red is town, two of you three are a pair of scum. If I pick right, hooray. If I pick wrong, we lost. However, if I pick wrong and Lift is the scum, I'd be kicking myself for being fooled by him twice. Out of the options where I end up wrong, I'd rather take the one where I don't kick myself. It's unpleasant, and I can't do it properly; last time I had to kick myself I couldn't do it and had to ask someone to do it for me.

But I can't say I wasn't swayed by your last posts, Lift.

Anyway, think I'm ready to vote too.
I'm ready too. After the next set. :-)
Lifthrasil: I'm ready too. After the next set. :-)
Cool! I like tennis too.
Lifthrasil: I went back over Bookwyrm and he appears quite pushy at times. But he keeps enough distance and backs off just in time to avoid the impression of being the main driver behind mislynches. All in all his posts give off a very planned air and planning posts for effect is something scum does.
Backs off of what? I hammered Flub, and I was first on both the Pooka wagon and then on the Micro wagon. You are correct in that I didn't spend copious amounts of energy trying to drag people into my lynch choices, but I've long since learned the futility of such an endeavor.

I do think and I do present most of my thoughts/impressions so other townies can both try to see what I'm seeing and make their own judgement about whether I'm town.

If it makes you feel better, I'll help drive your lynch.

Vote Lift

I suspect your partner will become more clear with the choice of the next NK.

Lifthrasil: Especially since, with the state of the game, I guess we're have a very experienced scum somewhere.
Since Red is the only inexperienced player left, I'd say that you're right.

Lifthrasil: Bookwyrms post where he counts vote willingness reads like: "well, I made sure that we're have enough votes for the final mislynch. Let's finish this"
Heh. I was outlining where people seemed to stand. And where people didn't seem to be making a stand.

Lifthrasil: Something to consider before you vote me thereby making me the final mislynch: I'm usually much better at appearing Towny when I'm scum. I plan my posts and I care about whom I alternate and whom I 'team up' with. In this game I was kind of suspect the entire time. Because I say what I think without planning. As town, one has to share all thoughts. As scum, one had to hold up appearances. That's the fundamental difference.

Now of course this is self-meta and loads of WIFOM, but those of you who know me, know that I can appear very towny if I want to. So why wouldn't I, if appearances were all I cared about?
Is your argument here that you'd have been more on the ball, more townie looking, if you were scum? "I'm town because I look scummy"?
Well, if we're voting:

Vote Lift
Vote Lift
Looks like your scum buddy turned on you. How you like them apples? :P
Bookwyrm627: Looks like your scum buddy turned on you. How you like them apples? :P
Looks like a quickhammer. trent and Red?

Or are you slowrolling?
Nope. Scum just quickhammered me. I'm still Town. So this is game over. Congrats to scum for a perfect game!

Nope. Scum just quickhammered me. I'm still Town. So this is game over. Congrats to scum for a perfect game!
Post edited August 18, 2019 by Lifthrasil
gg then. Trent and Red after all?

I meant to add this before voting, not that it matters now anyway:

If I assume Red as Town, then from the remaining three I don't see Bookwyrm-trent a scumpair. They wouldn't have voted together on Pooka on D2.
I was never coached, by the way.
Lifthrasil: Nope. Scum just quickhammered me. I'm still Town. So this is game over. Congrats to scum for a perfect game!
Oh, man, sorry.

My refusal to see a newbie scum lost us the game.

Congrats to winners.

Enjoy the festival, Lift.
RedFireGaming: I was never coached, by the way.
In that case: well played! You won't get any newbie treatment in the next game. Your'e now officially dangerous! ;-)

Btw. if you like DragonForce, you should check out Hammerfall. And if you like Metal at all, check out VanCanto. They do A Capella Metal. Sounds like a strange concept, but is awesome!

@ZFR: no problem. I will enjoy the rest of my alloys. :-)
There's a bit of dithering around, then suddenly a proverbial rush on Lifthrasil. He shakes his head and mutters something about "hammered" as the spec ops lead him away.

They return with a well-worn officer's insignia and a crumpled Polaroid of Lifthrasil in a tuxedo.

Lifthrasil has been lynched, he was Vanilla Town.

---------------

Vote Count

Lifthrasil - 3 votes (Bookwyrm627, ZFR, RedFireGaming)

Not voting: Lifthrasil, trentonlf

Lifthrasil is closest to lynch, at L-0.

---------------

ZFR and trentonlf are quite surprised when Bookwyrm627 calmly guns the spec ops down and then pulls off his face. RedFireGaming laughs gleefully, then whips out a pocket-size neutron bomb, slams it on the table, and phases out. The much-admired discipline of the HMSS Spectator goes to pieces as the ship begins disintegrating. A few make it to the escape pods, where they'll spend the next couple centuries in hibernation before maybe being discovered by a future expedition. All in all, the World Government has to label the mission "rather a failure", in the words of the Supreme Chancellor.

The game is over!

Congratulations to Bookwyrm627 and RedFireGaming for a flawless victory.

Mafia Nightchat : https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/JJMsQjX8ePgW

Observer Thread : https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/fPnLnXQZWASYz