The Queen of Hearts originally suggested to simply cut all of your heads off and be done with it, but the Red Queen thought of something much better. You are to settle this amongst yourself, she said.
“I reckon it must have been that Alice girl,” someone shouted from the back. “I never liked ‘er.”
“Alice isn’t here anymore. She returned to her world long ago. No, all the mafia are right now in this very room, we are sure about that,” replied the Red Queen. “Have fun,” she added with a cold smile.
“And remember, if you don’t make any progress with your investigations, there is a plan B,” added the Queen of Hearts. “There always is a plan B.”
Rules - Stolen from Damnation, who lifted them from Zchinque, who borrowed them from Damuna, who originally stole them from Zchinque, with a few touches added by bazilisek along the way.
1. The moderator for the game is bazilisek. Should you need to contact me, you can reach me through the PM system of this forum.
2. All players have a vote, which they may place on any player. A vote may be withdrawn by unvoting. Once a player has more than 50% of the votes, that player will be lynched and the game will go to night. No amount of unvoting can prevent this.
3. A player may also vote nolynch. A majority of nolynch votes will end the day without a lynch.
4. You may not post in the game thread during night phases.
5. Please remember to bold your votes and unvotes like this: Unvote Damuna, vote Zchinque.
6. When you are dead, you are dead - stop posting. A single "bah"-post is permissible and encouraged.
7. Don't ever, under any circumstances, edit your posts. This is very important! Editing a post is grounds for being modkilled. Two consecutive posts of the same user in a short time frame will merge, creating the appearance of an edited post. The time limit after which this stops happening seems to be 10 minutes (investigated by Vitek), but you might want to err on the side of caution.
8. Please bold any requests for votecounts or questions to the moderator.
9. Do not discuss the game with anyone outside the thread, except for people specified in your role PM, and then only at such times as the PM specifies. Breaking this rule will get you modkilled.
10. Do not quote or paraphrase too closely any PMs you receive from the mod. If you are afraid that your paraphrasing is too close, contact me and I'll take a look at it.
11. All players should post at least once every 36 hours. If you expect to be away for more than 36 hours, please let me know either through PM or in the game thread. Failure to do this will result in me sending you a prod via PM and in thread to which you will have 24 hours to respond.
12. The time limit for a day of in-game time is one week real world time. If no one has the majority of votes when the limit is over, the day will end in a nolynch. There will be ample warning before that happens.
13. If you can no longer participate in the game, let me know and I will try to find a replacement.
14. When the game ends, any player whose win condition has been fulfilled wins the game, even if that player is dead. Players who are modkilled or have been replaced will automatically lose the game.
15. All roles have been randomly assigned.
Here’s a sample town vanilla role PM:
You are Humpty Dumpty (Town Vanilla).
From your position up there on the wall, you saw everything. You knew a lot, but mostly kept it to yourself. You never learned what was it that made you the mafia’s target number one - you must have seen something at night, but you got used to witnessing so much odd stuff over the years you probably didn’t even pay any attention.
Well, it didn’t matter. A quick shove from behind was enough; you splattered all over the ground before you knew what was going on. Turns out living on a wall did have some downsides to it, after all.
One thing’s for sure: not even the joined forces of the entire royal cavalry and infantry are going to get you out of this one.
- None. You excel at making puns, but that hardly counts.
You win when all the other factions are dead."
Still in Wonderland:
Went through the looking glass to the other side:
0. bazilisek (Humpty Dumpty - Town Vanilla) - shattered to pieces on Night 0
12. fexen (Cook - Town Vanilla) - got served on Day 1
10. Robbeasy (Mock Turtle - Town Miller) - torn limb from limb on Night 1
2. Taleroth (Bandersnatch - Town One Shot Vigilante) - turned into a zoological exhibit on Day 2
4. jesskitten (Dormouse - Town Macho Cop) - committed a very obvious suicide on Night 2
1. Typhoon45 (March Hare - Mafia Godfather/Jester) - shishkebabed on Day 3
9. TwilightBard (White King - Town Post Restricted Tracker) - got his screws tightened on Night 3
3. ViolatorX (Tweedledum/Tweedledee - Mafia Roleblocker) - opened up on Day 4
5. QuadrAlien (Caterpillar - Town Doctor) - all broken on Night 4
8. nmillar (White Knight - Town Vanilla) - lanced and pillowed on Night 5
11. Rodzaju (Bill the Lizard - Mafia Flavour Cop) - lost his head on Day 6