It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

trentonlf: Why in the world did you thing now was a good time to claim CSPVG? If both your claim and yog's claim is true then all you are doing is handing the scum our two investigative roles on a silver platter.
HijacK: For some reason, I doubt there are only 2 investigative roles. last game didn't have so many players and town still had 2. Or was it 3?

JMich: Inactivity post. CSPVG claim is a weird one, but one that can't be analysed that easily today. I do find noteworthy though the fact that no one believes we may have two sane town cops in our midst. Let's see how it develops though.
HijacK: That is incorrect. I do believe in this probability. Not a lot, but I think it is possible.
I think last game Dedo was a town cop and you were a flavor cop. Krypsyn was a mafia cop. I can not remember what Vitek was, a town watcher?
RWarehall: I really still think every town should have a serial killer on a leash ready to be sicced on overconfident scum. But I guess that's just me!
HypersomniacLive: If you were in our shoes, would you keep you around on a leash?
I would consider it for the possibility of burning a mafia night kill or even better a mafia strongman attack (if they are limited in that regard).
If you believe I won't screw you, the mafia has to target me for a kill before I can help town do extra damage to them. That is the real plus. If you kept me around until I could give town a night kill as well, that's extra. Frankly, I don't believe the mafia would let me stick around for that to happen though. Basically its a gamble. If you believe me, tonight or one night soon, a townie is saved from a night kill because mafia kills me instead (and town gets an extra chance of a lynch as well). Or if you don't and think I will turn on you. If you think I'm lying about Night 1, you lose an extra town member (assuming I don't target the same one as mafia). If I'm not lying about being fangless until Night 3, the worst I can do is post restrict someone. I think there is a valid reason one might keep me alive and force the mafia to do the dirty work.

As to HijacK, for someone who claims to use so much logic, why is his so lacking. The truth is I initially mentioned my honest and real read that I felt a prize winner leans very slightly town because of the grilling cristigale received. Essentially, HijacK was stifling her honest discussion about the odds someone might be a scum prize winner. Stifling debate is an anti-town action regardless of his actual alignment. Remember, regardless of what my PM says, I was playing to help town to start. Very slightly town, was my reading of cristigale based on lack of any other useful information. I still find it very interesting how cavalierly HijacK wanted to silence one of the prizes. Just saying, but if I were the other kind of scum and I was sitting in a night zero meeting, I'd probably try to suggest that if there were any way of lynching a non-mafia prize winner, that would be a good course of action. Before my reveal, imagine this, town lynches a prize winner followed by a night one prize winner kill. Isn't that a dream come true for mafia? And if one of the other two are actually scum, that would be no "fabulous" prizes helping town and one helping mafia...

Sorry, but I always read things like "remember last game when you lynched me as a town power role" or "I've been town three games in a row, people thought I was scum and lynched me early" as a possible scum tell. Talk about pleading for town points for nothing. Going to prior games as "evidence" one might be town this game? I don't care if someone has been town 12 times in a row in past games. Their chance of being scum this game starts exactly the same as anyone else's...
adaliabooks: [...]

As for the name... a quick google search turns up this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tequila_Yuen

So while the name is not all Mexican, Tequila is. And the character referenced is a cop. Either it's a very clever addition by CSPVG, or it's true and reinforces his claim.
HypersomniacLive: Hmm... that's interesting, wonder how many will now do a search for their own name to see what comes up, I admit I did.
This also sheds a different light on yogsloth's refusal to state his own name - if names can be searched online and hint at what alignment each player may have...

It's getting late here, so here's a suggestion to anyone else tempted to come out and make a role claim.
I had already googled mine, that's why I googled CSPVGs. I have to say, having seen what his name relates to I definitely believe he is a cop. Whether he is a cop, or a role or flavour cop is another thing. Or whether he is town or scum.

I'm tending to agree with JMich, that there is little left to be gained by not removing RWarehall now. Especially as we can talk at night and continue our analysis and discussions with a confirmation of his role and alignment.

Vote RWarehall
adaliabooks: [...]

As for the name... a quick google search turns up this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tequila_Yuen

So while the name is not all Mexican, Tequila is. And the character referenced is a cop. Either it's a very clever addition by CSPVG, or it's true and reinforces his claim.
HypersomniacLive: Hmm... that's interesting, wonder how many will now do a search for their own name to see what comes up, I admit I did.
This also sheds a different light on yogsloth's refusal to state his own name - if names can be searched online and hint at what alignment each player may have...

It's getting late here, so here's a suggestion to anyone else tempted to come out and make a role claim.
I also just did a search of the name and added milk to my search and came up with this line from the movie.

Tequila: Should I salute you?
Alan: You've got the gun. I'll go and milk a cow if you want.
Tequila: Sorry, I don't drink milk

Not sure if it has any baring on the game or CSPVG but figured I better post it just in case.
Interesting, here is the link for my character's name.
https://prezi.com/9k_7a0gjqw2r/is-drinking-cow-milk-healthy-for-humans/

By the way, see, you townies and scum really should change your ways...
"The consumption of milk has been linked to cancer,iron deficiency, heart diseases and many other health problems."
Sage103082: I also just did a search of the name and added milk to my search and came up with this line from the movie.

Tequila: Should I salute you?
Alan: You've got the gun. I'll go and milk a cow if you want.
Tequila: Sorry, I don't drink milk

Not sure if it has any baring on the game or CSPVG but figured I better post it just in case.
Hmmm, interesting. If RWarehall is to be fully believed, his driving force is his lactose intolerance (at least that's what I get from his name and what he has said). So you would assume that maybe the mafia are similarly anti-milk.

I'll have to have a read of the OP again and see what flub mentions, whether it's controlling milk production or stopping it the mafia want.
HypersomniacLive: Aren't you a tad too eager to finish D1 and terminate discussions?
Wrong! Discussions don't cease upon lynch. We are allowed to talk during night.
RWarehall: As to HijacK, for someone who claims to use so much logic, why is his so lacking.
I'm sorry, but what? You call me for lack of logic yet you come up with the most outrageous BS to us to keep you alive? Fascinating. Double standards much?

RWarehall: I would consider it for the possibility of burning a mafia night kill or even better a mafia strongman attack (if they are limited in that regard).
If you believe I won't screw you, the mafia has to target me for a kill before I can help town do extra damage to them. That is the real plus. If you kept me around until I could give town a night kill as well, that's extra. Frankly, I don't believe the mafia would let me stick around for that to happen though. Basically its a gamble. If you believe me, tonight or one night soon, a townie is saved from a night kill because mafia kills me instead (and town gets an extra chance of a lynch as well). Or if you don't and think I will turn on you. If you think I'm lying about Night 1, you lose an extra town member (assuming I don't target the same one as mafia). If I'm not lying about being fangless until Night 3, the worst I can do is post restrict someone. I think there is a valid reason one might keep me alive and force the mafia to do the dirty work.
Also, I never said anything about my past games being an indication that I am Town in this game, so don't put crap in my mouth. That's all you.
Online for a few minutes and trying to catch up. This may have to be several small posts.

For RWarehall, I see absolutely nothing that could sway me from making him the Day 1 lynch, and it seems this is well understood by everyone.

I would like to say I appreciate very much the participation, humor, and grace he's bringing to the role. :) Very well played, and as I always view the true goal of playing this game to have fun, he's certainly been adding to the fun factor. Thumbs up from me, mate! That said,

Vote RWarehall

Since we get to continue talking at night and all.

The big news is, of course CSPVG and his amaaaaaazing coincidence that he is the town cop, and investigated me night zero.

Others have expressed already most of my thoughts on this. If town, it's a very inconveniently-timed reveal.

I do think it's worth noting that one of the "hot" topics of conversation the last couple of Mafia games has been how much mass role-claims can damage the game and make it too easy for Town to win. If you were a veteran mod, advised by other veteran mods, what would you do to counteract this strategy? Two cops? Could be.

I would believe in two sane town cops long before I believed that both of us are town cops, but paranoid or insane. This game may be crazy, but I doubt it's bastard.

Far more likely is scum bluff intended to confuse the newbie or the outright gullible. (I won't mention names there, *cough* ADALIA *cough*) We'll probably have to hack this out in Day 2 once the NK and other actions resolve. I do sort of resent the fact that I'm basically forced to use my night 1 investigation on CSPVG now, though. I still find it highly likely I'm killed tonight (But catching the serial killer Day 1? Totally worth it.) and won't be able to report my findings... but yep, I don't see any real choice about who I investigate now. I would have much preferred to investigate the missing player (HINT HINT - WHERE'S THE PINEAPPLE ALREADY?)

It's almost too much to deal with right now. I think we're at the place where we can finish off Day 1, keep chatting at night, and once all the night actions are resolved figure out what to do with CSPVG. I hope I'm around for it, but if not, I'll still have fun in the observer thread. :)

btw, I still think sitting on my character name is a good idea. If I survive in Day 2, I can see it being more useful to reveal at that point. Especially as I strongly dislike CSPVG's character name.
Almost off to work for the night, but I'll leave you with this...

For all the patting yourselves on the back for almost lynching or thinking you revealed scum (Yog excepted).
Everything I did before the reveal was intended to help town and hurt mafia. So if you thought you caught a scum tell, you are sadly mistaken and better seriously reassess what you think is scummy. Some of you caught a bit of my ploy like Hyper, although he got it completely backwards.

My goal in day one was to put myself out there as a target to the mafia. My fabulous prize of Bulletproof where I had to pick a day to use it, is only useful if I can somehow get attacked. So I put myself up front. Intentionally downplayed my prize (while technically weak. technically the truth), the goal was to make the mafia think I was sandbagging, so they would attack me. The trick was hoping they didn't have a permanent Strongman and if they had Strongman one-shots, they wouldn't want to blow them night one.

For all those who thought there was any fishing for town points, here's a bit of advice. The way to get town points is to find scum or screw up there plans. My town cred was going to come from making the mafia blow a night kill on my bulletproof. Anyone who thinks discussing odds or numbers about how many are scum, somehow is a play for town points, or should even be given town points, is in the wrong game. It's funny how HijacK jumps on everyone's case like they are fishing for town points, while claiming he's going to all this sacrifice for the town. HijacK, don't you think by your definition, all the things YOU do wouldn't be considered fishing for town points if someone else did it? Double standard much?

Town, if you want to win, you need to stop stifling useful discussion (well, beyond power role claims). Might have to put a muzzle on HijacK who has a knack of shutting up new players. There is a reason he has been called an anti-town player even after he is revealed as town...
RWarehall: For all those who thought there was any fishing for town points, here's a bit of advice. The way to get town points is to find scum or screw up there plans. My town cred was going to come from making the mafia blow a night kill on my bulletproof. Anyone who thinks discussing odds or numbers about how many are scum, somehow is a play for town points, or should even be given town points, is in the wrong game. It's funny how HijacK jumps on everyone's case like they are fishing for town points, while claiming he's going to all this sacrifice for the town. HijacK, don't you think by your definition, all the things YOU do wouldn't be considered fishing for town points if someone else did it? Double standard much?
First of all, I never fished for town points. And I believe this is fairly obvious by the speech patterns I adopted this game, so you make absolutely no sense here.

RWarehall: Town, if you want to win, you need to stop stifling useful discussion (well, beyond power role claims). Might have to put a muzzle on HijacK who has a knack of shutting up new players. There is a reason he has been called an anti-town player even after he is revealed as town...
The reason I am called anti-town is because I play rough. I shut no new player, as a matter of fact I listened to a new player like Hyper and basically encouraged her to continue her play. What you're trying to do here is put yourself in a stupid position by attempting to paint me in a bad light for a second time while, if you look at hard and cold facts, I WAS RIGHT! The odds of all prize winners to be town were too good and too stupid to be believed, and here you are, sir, as a testament of the fact that I was right to distrust this possibility. You would've received a free pass if we were to believe you, and no matter how much you say you were going to help town, I don't believe it. In the end you would've drawn a line somewhere in order to win, and you would have hurt town. So do me a favor and better use your energy to actually help town if what you say about helping us is true. My job is to assure town wins, not to sugar coat possibilities of someone to be town, rather than scum.
Ugh, whatever, let's hope for an overnight replacement.

Unvote Ixamyakxim
Vote RWarehall
OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT

HijacK - 1 (RWarehall)
RWarehall – 11 (HijacK, Sage103082, Ixamyakxim, trentonlf, JMich, TwilightBard, adaliabooks, yogsloth, DarkoD13, CSPVG, ddickinson)

Not Voting - All others
Post edited December 14, 2014 by flubbucket
I'm sorry, I thought I included my reasoning for investigating yogsloth in my previous post, but it seems that I left it out somehow. Anyway, I used my ability on yogsloth because I had a niggling suspicion of him all of last game. As we went into this one, I found myself feeling much the same way. So I thought it best to investigate him and clear up any suspicions I may have had about him.

Moving on, I knew that my claim would slightly confuse proceedings, but I felt that it was necessary to claim now to avoid future confusion, if that makes any sense. I thought that if I claimed now, it would actually seem less suspect than if I claimed later.

My intention was also not to discredit yog, but rather have a think out loud (with input from others) about just how many investigative roles there may be in the game, and what the mafiosi have to counter this.

Lastly, after my claim and a bit of talk, many of you don't seem that inclined to let this day continue any longer. At this point, having had some of your thoughts, I think that I shall say Unvote: Robbeasy and Vote: RWarehall.
I was originally waiting to vote, especially after some people mentioned waiting until the deadline. But as so many have voted already, I might as well vote now. There are a few people I think could be Scum, but I will keep my vote with the self-confessed serial killer.

Vote RWarehall (sorry RWarehall)