It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Actually, all of the games you see in that shelf shot already ARE on GOG unless I missed one :)

edit: except for Nomad, which I just noticed in that picture...
Licurg: You also missed Archimedean Dinasty :P
It was 2blurry4me :P
JudasIscariot: Actually, all of the games you see in that shelf shot already ARE on GOG unless I missed one :)

edit: except for Nomad, which I just noticed in that picture...
There is also Archimedean Dynasty right next to Heroes IV.
Ninja'd.
Post edited July 21, 2014 by Grargar
Licurg: You also missed Archimedean Dynasty :P
JudasIscariot: It was 2blurry4me :P
I assume Ubisoft was like, "No! Bad GOG! No more classics for you!" and shooed you away with a rolled-up newspaper. After all, as the new head of marketing, I'm sure you know all that goes on within.

WC4 is next to WC2; what's the game in the top-left corner? Reader Rabbit?

Also, you know what would liven up that shelf?
Post edited July 21, 2014 by tfishell
I remember GOG getting a positive review in a gaming magazine several years back, maybe the magazine you got for making a membership with Gamestop? I can't really remember anything else about it, sorry.
Is that Reader Rabbit in the top left ?

edit: and ninja'd
Post edited July 21, 2014 by Potzato
JudasIscariot: It was 2blurry4me :P
tfishell: I assume Ubisoft was like, "No! Bad GOG! No more classics for you!" and shooed you away with a rolled-up newspaper. After all, as the new head of marketing, I'm sure you know all that goes on within.

WC4 is next to WC2; what's the game in the top-left corner? Reader Rabbit?

Also, you know what would liven up that shelf?
I am not the head of marketing or any other department :) Just lil ole me :)
tfishell: ...
JudasIscariot: I am not the head of marketing or any other department :) Just lil ole me :)
Oh, they didn't tell you?
JudasIscariot: I am not the head of marketing or any other department :) Just lil ole me :)
tfishell: Oh, they didn't tell you?
Yeah no, I cannot into Marketing simply because that requires a higher level of education than I currently possess :P
high rated
And that explains the "North America" term I've noticed lately being associated to Guillaume Rambourg. Wonder if GOG will make any related announcements and when.

JudasIscariot: Yeah no, I cannot into Marketing simply because that requires a higher level of education than I currently possess :P
Currently being the key word. ;-)
JudasIscariot: Yeah no, I cannot into Marketing simply because that requires a higher level of education than I currently possess :P
You cannot what? Sneak into it? That would be a piece of cake for a Thievin' Bastard like you. :P
Very interesting articles.
I imagined that the foundation of GoG was buried somewhere in a method to counter the big polish black market for games.
My best buddy for many years when I was an extremely poor kid was polish and always had his connections to this market and carried cracked games like Mortal Kombat 2, Hell Cab, Little Big Adventure, Gene Machine, etc... home which were not or not yet even available in Germany.

Interesting to see how something international like current GoG could grow out of this and people finally have no need for piracy anymore. :)

PS: I want Archimedean Dynasty too... and of course Hell Cab.
Post edited July 21, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Reddit thread for those interested - http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2baxob/nostalgia_is_a_powerful_drug_how_gogcom_is/

Interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_publishers

Looking over how many games seem to be owned by publishers that are in CA or have subsidiaries there, it would be a tremendous boost to GOG's catalog to bring them.

If that works out, perhaps GOG really will consider an East Coast office for pubs like Bethesda.
Post edited July 21, 2014 by tfishell
Grargar: You cannot what? Sneak into it? That would be a piece of cake for a Thievin' Bastard like you. :P
I was using the form of written English used in Polandball comics and referring to how Poland cannot into space :P
JudasIscariot: I was using the form of written English used in Polandball comics and referring to how Poland cannot into space :P
Your ability to can is not.
JudasIscariot: Poland cannot into space :P
Because you no more satellite. :D
Post edited July 21, 2014 by Klumpen0815