It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ListyG: [...]
OK. I knew which type of answer I have to expect.

Right now, nobody can contribute to this thread because people like you are derailing it with your personal agendas and personal attacks.
foad01: Right now, nobody can contribute to this thread because people like you are derailing it with your personal agendas and personal attacks.
No she is right. Nothing was stopping you from contributing 3 hours ago instead of posting the usual meme's. Here's an example of what "actual contribution" is:-

Half the issues mentioned in post #1 can be fixed with better metadata. Eg:-

Title = "Pillars Of Eternity: Hero Edition", Family = "Pillars Of Eternity"
Title = "Pillars Of Eternity: Definitive Edition", Family = "Pillars Of Eternity"

then change the script that tags games as "owned" to search for the "Family" metadata instead of "Title" when marking games as owned would fix the "GOG doesn't show owned games as owned" problem on both the website and Galaxy.

Now your turn...
AB2012: Now your turn...
Besides fixing the issues mentioned in posts #1 and #4 GOG should consider releasing Galaxy for Linux. I've read now several times that people actually want such a version of Galaxy.
AB2012: Now your turn...
foad01: Besides fixing the issues mentioned in posts #1 and #4 GOG should consider releasing Galaxy for Linux. I've read now several times that people actually want such a version of Galaxy.
I'd even pay for it.
i've always wondered if GoG could release a lightweight version of the galaxy client that only served as a cloud save manaager for their games.
ListyG: Before you jumped in with your "everyone here but me are stupid luddites" thread-crapping, people here were discussing about how to improve the GOG experience for everyone. All you have been doing is arguing that only Galaxy users "deserve" to see improvements, which genuinely does come across as staggeringly arrogant and self-centered.
One could flip this and say it's staggeringly arrogant and self-centered to demand GOG update an archaic website method when a much better one has already been developed, no? Seems odd to demand they cater to your very niche whims over the vast majority of consumers.
From what I heard before, GOG doesn't seem to have a "Linux guy" anymore. By that I mean they obviously have someone continuing to make the old MojoSetup installers, but not someone that can do a new system. Apparently this is why many games are marked like "Support: Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, Ubuntu 18.04" even though they're now on Ubuntu 22? With Customer Service being understaffed, I can't see them hiring a team just to do a Galaxy for Linux to be honest. And doesn't the Heroic Launcher given them less incentive?

StingingVelvet: One could flip this and say it's staggeringly arrogant (snip)
"A web technology company should have a deliberately bad website to attract more people. Anything else is arrogance" - StingingVelvet.

^ Honestly, this is just mindless shit-posting now.
Post edited March 21, 2023 by ListyG
Just note that GoGalaxy is a convenience tool for people that want it. Pretty sure most don't here. I don't know anyone that uses it. I understand you aren't going to get any achievements unless you use it, but does anyone really pay attention to those in Steam too?

I don't think GoG is doing anything wrong at this point. I am fine with their model and hope they never change. As long as they don't change, I am happy to route my money their direction. I just wish they had better Linux support which seems to be less and less lately. I can live without Linux support, but it was nice at one time but it is not going to make me not shop here.
13ison: ...resources are certainly limited...
There are only so many older games they can release without significant risk. Lots of the games I'd want might not be very popular here or at any other store. Others might not be able to run well enough to release. How does one determine how much time and money should be spent on a maybe?

13ison:
How would they make it work on the large number of distributions?
Post edited March 21, 2023 by DoomSooth
All ill say is, if the OP likes comparing to Steam so much, they might as well go and frequent that store and use their forums. GOG is GOG not steam. Many have reasons why we are here. New customers users are important but repeat/regular customers are more so. And many of us are used to the GOG short comings especially the forums. We all understand its using an old proprietary system which has limitations and frankly they have said a few times they will do something but its something way down their priority list.
xman1: Just note that GoGalaxy is a convenience tool for people that want it. Pretty sure most don't here. I don't know anyone that uses it. I understand you aren't going to get any achievements unless you use it, but does anyone really pay attention to those in Steam too?

I don't think GoG is doing anything wrong at this point. I am fine with their model and hope they never change. As long as they don't change, I am happy to route my money their direction. I just wish they had better Linux support which seems to be less and less lately. I can live without Linux support, but it was nice at one time but it is not going to make me not shop here.
Im pretty happy with it for what it is and accept its limitations. Dont use GOG Galaxy myself either (do many of the long time users ?)
Post edited March 21, 2023 by Niggles
rtcvb32: I'd add not to annoy or disparage paying customers to becoming disgruntled non-paying customers to that list.
Ice_Mage: Any examples of this? I only recall staff members being polite and apologetic.
Being blocked for 2 weeks to 6 months (or any length of time really) really raises one's level of permanent apathy for a site or company. There's better ways to handle it if the tools were added/implemented.

And i agree the public staff interactions (of those we get replies here) are polite and professional.

But at this point i really don't care. I'm more inclined to tell them to buy from Epic or Steam or anywhere else except here at this point. I wish they'd complied 2 years ago when i requested a full refund (with appropriate exceptions) so i could just close out and never look at GoG again and this chapter of using this site would be done with.
rtcvb32: ... so i could just close out and never look at GoG again and this chapter of using this site would be done with.
Since the games can be played without the client, you can still do so.
Download, play. Never visit again. But for some reason you are here.
Also, do not forget about this list, which is constantly growing. There is no quality control.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2/page1
RekontVerlon: Also, do not forget about this list, which is constantly growing. There is no quality control.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2/page1
This will forever be a bit of an issue, I am afraid.

As much as I've pointed the finger at GOG and CDPR in this topic, for some things, I don't think there is that much GOG can do regarding the lack of updates or lack of feature parity in some titles - at least with a number of cases. They don't exactly have the weight or market share to throw a "get it sorted or else" kind of ultimatum... and sometimes there's legal stuff involved.

That said, I agree that it is a problem and it would be good to see the list shrink rather than grow.
RekontVerlon: Also, do not forget about this list, which is constantly growing. There is no quality control.

Teilwyn: This will forever be a bit of an issue, I am afraid.

As much as I've pointed the finger at GOG and CDPR in this topic, for some things, I don't think there is that much GOG can do regarding the lack of updates or lack of feature parity in some titles - at least with a number of cases. They don't exactly have the weight or market share to throw a "get it sorted or else" kind of ultimatum... and sometimes there's legal stuff involved.

That said, I agree that it is a problem and it would be good to see the list shrink rather than grow.
I think gog could at least add notes on the game page about the missing part of content. (for some new releases they did this)