It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jcoa: Guilty Gear X2 is now gone.
Well... shit.

I mean, it's not a problem for me personally as I already own it but still... shit. It seems games have been dropping like flies from the catalog as of late. I'm starting to get paranoid now...

>_>

<_<

I_I
Post edited February 01, 2014 by cannard
gamebin: This list is not exhaustive (and is not meant to be) or done all by myself. Many members on this thread and other forums have contributed to it. I am not going to individually credit each contribution, but I appreciate and thank everyone's help because this is a great online community.
Can you please add to the list missing manual for Jagged Alliance: Deadly games?
The manual describes crucial things like keyboard controls to UI features which mouse can't do. Without it you are missing lot.
cannard: I mean, it's not a problem for me personally as I already own it but still... shit. It seems games have been dropping like flies from the catalog as of late. I'm starting to get paranoid now...
While it sucks that half a dozen games were removed within less than a month, most of those weren't removed because of anything gog-specific.

Re-Volt was (temporarily?) removed because a bunch of forum fanboys were pissed that the South Korean rights holder used community mods for the gog version without their permission.
Wallace & Gromit was removed because Telltale couldn't be arsed to prolong their license to the IP.
Guilty Gear was removed because of, you guessed it, moar legal bullshit.

If there's any reason to be paranoid, it's the lawyers!
Post edited February 01, 2014 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: While it sucks that half a dozen games were removed within less than a month, most of those weren't removed because of anything gog-specific.

Re-Volt was (temporarily?) removed because a bunch of forum fanboys were pissed that the South Korean rights holder used community mods for the gog version without their permission.
Wallace & Gromit was removed because Telltale couldn't be arsed to prolong their license to the IP.
Guilty Gear was removed because of, you guessed it, moar legal bullshit.

If there's any reason to be paranoid, it's the lawyers!
I'm not sure I follow you here - are you saying that what the IP holder did was ok in your book?
HypersomniacLive: I'm not sure I follow you here - are you saying that what the IP holder did was ok in your book?
Not at all. It definitely is a dick move using community created content without giving proper credit. However, having the game pulled altogether isn't exactly the most desirable outcome. I've paid a quick visit to the fan forum in question and was a bit bewildered by the self-congratulatory tone of its users at having the game removed from circulation (thus my rather dismissive wording - I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. I can't claim to know nearly enough about the facts of the case to make any kind of objective claim). What if the Korean IP-holder can't be bothered to supply gog with a non-modified version or a deal of some other kind can be struck? What would that achieve other than the very game they have been keeping alive for 15 years going right back into obscurity?
fronzelneekburm: Not at all. It definitely is a dick move using community created content without giving proper credit. However, having the game pulled altogether isn't exactly the most desirable outcome. I've paid a quick visit to the fan forum in question and was a bit bewildered by the self-congratulatory tone of its users at having the game removed from circulation (thus my rather dismissive wording - I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. I can't claim to know nearly enough about the facts of the case to make any kind of objective claim). What if the Korean IP-holder can't be bothered to supply gog with a non-modified version or a deal of some other kind can be struck? What would that achieve other than the very game they have been keeping alive for 15 years going right back into obscurity?
While having the game pulled isn't the most desirable outcome, keeping it available non-modified is, IMHO, not a the way to go either, just for the sake of keeping it available.
If the Korean IP-holders can't be bothered to supply GOG with a modified version, then they shouldn't be making any money from it.
If they can't make a patch of their own but also can't be bothered to offer the unpatched/ original version, then they shouldn't be making any money from it.
If they can't co-operate and credit the modding community but still want to use their efforts, then they shouldn't be making any money from it.

Why? Because it sends the wrong message that pubs/ rights holders can trample over anybody as long as they end up with a profitable (patched/ better/ etc.) product.

And yes, I read some of the posts on the fan forum, and yes there are some worrying signs of "IP ownership" by the fans. I was as much surprised and baffled by the intensity of their stance as the next person. That doesn't change the fact that they're in the right in this specific matter.
At this point, the only viable solution I see is for IP holder to release the original version as it seems unlikely that they're going to reach an agreement any time soon.

EDIT 2: Oh boy! Thanks to Gydion providing the link to the discussion I mentioned in my first edit, I've now read the latest developments of this story. Given that:
-- the community patch was made using the source code of an unreleased Xbox port that was obtained under unclear conditions, and
-- with the names of MS popping-up in relation to the development of that port,
I firmly believe that GOG did the right thing to pull the game. Even if the IP holder and the community come to an agreement regarding the use of the patch in the official release of the game, the best course for GOG would be to stay clear of it - the legal uncertainty is too high to take a risk, unless they also own the rights to the source code for the cancelled Xbox port, which sounds quite unlikely though.
So basically regarding GOG, the best course is to release whatever version is regarded as the latest official one by the previous rights holder (Throwback Entertainment). Unless the current one comes up with their own patch based on the source code they do have legal rights to.

EDIT: Just to add that we've derailed this threat enough, I think. IIRC, there's another discussion going on regarding this matter, but I can't find the link to it now.
Post edited February 02, 2014 by HypersomniacLive
HypersomniacLive: I'm not sure I follow you here - are you saying that what the IP holder did was ok in your book?
fronzelneekburm: Not at all. It definitely is a dick move using community created content without giving proper credit. However, having the game pulled altogether isn't exactly the most desirable outcome. I've paid a quick visit to the fan forum in question and was a bit bewildered by the self-congratulatory tone of its users at having the game removed from circulation (thus my rather dismissive wording - I'm sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes. I can't claim to know nearly enough about the facts of the case to make any kind of objective claim). What if the Korean IP-holder can't be bothered to supply gog with a non-modified version or a deal of some other kind can be struck? What would that achieve other than the very game they have been keeping alive for 15 years going right back into obscurity?
Well, I have to say I'm confused... is this community created content, while great, not in first place just "tolerated" by the IP holder (as it was leaked and used without approval)?
Should be the community not humbled that the IP holder now made the unofficial adapted variant now the official and "canonical" version?

I mean, seriously, they expect that the rightful owner should ask them for permission while they originally started themself without permission?
Post edited February 02, 2014 by shaddim
HypersomniacLive: EDIT: Just to add that we've derailed this threat enough, I think. IIRC, there's another discussion going on regarding this matter, but I can't find the link to it now.
Release: <span class="bold">Re-volt</span>.
Post edited February 02, 2014 by Gydion
I recently found my copy of the Stonekeep novel "Thera Awakening". Knowing that this is not offered as a bonus download with the game I contacted GOG.com. I planned to scan in my novel, offering them the scans for their use. Today the response was interesting as it was not the typical canned response that I was expecting.

I will paraphrase, but the novel should be coming soon. GOG.com has scans of it, and they are currently waiting for Interplay to clear it for release.
EnforcerSunWoo: snip
EnforcerSunWoo, thanks! Looking forward to read the novel. As I found out on the net, it helps a lot to understand a game.
Dark Reign missing the "Dark Reign: Battles of the Outer Rim" expansion.
Entomorph has a problem with a scrambled soundtrack.
Cultures is missing the expansion Cultures: Die Rache des Regengottes
I really appreciate gamebin's effort but since the list is updated so rarely, maybe it would be a good idea if someone hijacked this thread
damien: I really appreciate gamebin's effort but since the list is updated so rarely, maybe it would be a good idea if someone hijacked this thread
I really should update it once a month. :-)

I was doing it twice a month for a bit, but that's probably too many.

Luckily, some issues seem to disappear by the time I get to it.
Post edited February 14, 2014 by gamebin