It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Surrounded by great games and don’t know which one to play next? Worry not, we’re here to help you solve this classic gamer’s dilemma with the GOG Games Festival! We’ve packed the next two weeks with new releases, hot gaming deals, the latest demos to try, and a whole line-up of exciting upcoming titles that you can wishlist.

First, take a look at titles that are coming soon to GOG.COM, including Psychonauts 2, a highly anticipated platform-adventure game that is set to premiere next week, on August 25th. There are more upcoming titles joining our catalog, including adventure simulator Occupy Mars: The Game, the point-and-click thriller Slender Threads, the charming adventure game Eastward, and a brutal action RPG titled No Place for Bravery. Also, be on a lookout for a spicy sci-fi adventure game Subverse. Stay tuned as more titles and announcements are set to appear on GOG.COM in the coming days!

If you simply can’t wait to get your hands on some of the upcoming titles, check out our collection of demos during the GOG Games Festival. You can also discover a true FPS classic in a totally new light by grabbing a free copy of Quake II RTX. This version of the game includes three levels to test with more ray tracing-fueled visual fireworks if you own the original game.

We’re also expanding our catalog of classic games with four grand installments of the cult action-adventure series featuring the famous Lara Croft. Tomb Raider: Legend (-86%), Tomb Raider: Anniversary (-89%), Tomb Raider: Underworld (-89%), and Tomb Raider GOTY (-80%) are now available on GOG.COM!

We hope that with these and the upcoming game announcements, demos, and new releases we’ll stimulate your appetite for new gaming discoveries. If you’re still looking for your next game to play, we have prepared a wide selection of over 1,200 game deals up to 90% off that will satisfy even the most fastidious tastes. They include:

· Amazing Cultivation Simulator (-15%)
· BioShock Infinite Complete Edition (-75%)
· Cyberpunk 2077 (-33%)
· Dorfromantik (-10%)
· Gods Will Fall (-75%)
· Iron Harvest (-70%)
· Mafia III (-75%)
· Metro Exodus (-60%)
· Pizza Connection 3 (-80%)
· Shadow Warrior 2 (-85%)
· Tropico 6 (-50%)
· The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition (-80%)

Prepare yourself for another unforgettable gaming adventure by visiting the GOG Games Festival which runs until September 2, at 1 PM UTC.
tfishell: Just saw that there's new Quake 1 improvements available on Steam, I assume it'll be years before they show up here but hopefully eventually :p
Huh, thanks for pointing that out! The oldskool Dooms got upgrades almost a year ago and those don't seem to be here either. What gives?

This kinda deserves its own thread. I mean, the mere fact that Bethesda released a version of Quake that features music out of the box makes it ESSENTIAL.
Isn't it amazing that ridiculous, unpopular moves by GOG seem to be quickly followed up with consumer-friendly moves?

See here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/piggybacking_off_cyberpunk_2077/page1

That said, glad to see more Tomb Raider games here, also thrilled to see maybe a more open approach to content with Subverse coming soon. I even went against my "better judgment" and made a purchase, though the deep discount in this case helped matters, since I am pretty jaded with GOG's direction (see above).

The way I see it, it is important to boycott the current DRMified direction of things, but also important to buy any must-have offline installers while we still can. The direction of selling online-locked content is here, and I think it's better to buy the actual DRM-free installers outside of verifications and clients, before we aren't even given that choice.
Cool to see we're getting the new Psychonauts sooner rather than later. I was expecting that one to show up a couple years down the road. Thanks GOG!
Nice to see the Tomb Raider Legend Trilogy and the 2013 reboot get added. I'll be buying it over the weekend once my VISA bill ticks over (for budget management reasons). Now we just need Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and the Lara Croft top down shooters to complete the set! Oh, and Lara Croft GO, just because. Make it happen GOG!
Thehotdogman: ...I was expecting that one to show up a couple years down the road. Thanks GOG!
Didn't think this was gonna show up at all considering that microsoft(xbox game studios) is the publisher.

Hopefully we'll see a pattern here.
Post edited August 20, 2021 by retron22
Great to see more Tomb Raider titles! Instabuy!
HELL YEAH, finally, all my yammering about the tomb raider titles came to pass, now as soon as Square gets rid of the remaining denuvo infections from the last two titles, we may just yet see them over here!

There is hope!

Thanks, square/GoG! my GoG TR collection is nearly complete!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I can look at the other sale items I suppose! :)

EDIT 2 Did anyone else see that the RTX version of Quake 2 is *free?

EDIT 3 *With the base game you get all the levels, stand-alone you only get 3...
Post edited August 20, 2021 by TZODnmr2k5
The Just Cause games could really do with some more votes.

Community Wishlist
fonimul: The Just Cause games could really do with some more votes.

Community Wishlist
Done my part!

I'm still eagerly awaiting for Square to disinfect the last two tomb raider games and bring them over here, as there is still hope yet!
fonimul: The Just Cause games could really do with some more votes.

Community Wishlist
Done, for JC 1 and 2.
Thehotdogman: ...I was expecting that one to show up a couple years down the road. Thanks GOG!
retron22: Didn't think this was gonna show up at all considering that microsoft(xbox game studios) is the publisher.

Hopefully we'll see a pattern here.
I think it's because Double Fine already had made plans to release it on GOG before they got bought by Microsoft.
Instabought the old TR-trilogy.
Now waiting for the release of "Rise of..." and "Shadow of...", to (re-)buy the new TR trilogy.
I'm glad to have Tomb Raider GOTY here and I'll definitely buy it, but the price is insulting (when compared to Steam).

On Steam, the full price of Tomb Raider GOTY is $19.80 and the sale price is $3.87, and that includes the multiplayer content and functionality (which costs $9.00 full price and $1.90 on sale). On GOG, the full price is $19.99 and the sale price is $3.99, and that includes only the single-player content (no multiplayer content or functionality).

In other words, GOG is selling the game (on sale) for $3.99, and the same content is sold on Steam for $1.97, so GOG customers have to pay a little over twice as much (102% increase). The full price is similar -- $19.99 on GOG versus $10.80 for the same content on Steam (85% increase for GOG customers).

Why are GOG customers expected to pay considerably more for less content?
cmclout: I'm glad to have Tomb Raider GOTY here and I'll definitely buy it, but the price is insulting (when compared to Steam).
Actually it was a freebie on Steam last year, so...

Just finding out that the Devolver games gets a highter discount the more of them you own/buy.
Owning 5 titles you can reach
90% for Broforce 1,39 €
95 % for Absolver 1,49 €; Hotline Miami 0,49 €; Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number 0,79 €
Hard to refuse this offer.
Post edited August 20, 2021 by Dogmaus
TZODnmr2k5: EDIT 2 Did anyone else see that the RTX version of Quake 2 is free?
To clarify that statement, the RTX version is free, but you still need to own the base game. If you do not own the base game, then you get only the 3 levels from the original shareware distribution.