It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
***Galaxy Launch Bug*** (If your aware, sorry for the double post)

I'm running Galaxy 1.2.27 BETA and while launching the program I recieve this error (Pic1). After I close the prompt Galaxy launches correctly. This seems to have started happening after the last update. I'm using Win7 64, and WinX 64 machines. Its more annoying than a deal breaker, and maybe its just hitting Beta users. Just felt I should mention it.

Thanks for taking a look into this.
Attachments:
pic1.png (270 Kb)
Post edited October 27, 2017 by UltraComboTV
Sphix94: Hey there,
I`ve problems with the gog connect service u`re offering right now. After 2 days trying now it still say that i`m queued to connect with my steam account. My settings on steam are public btw. Is there a problem right now,a bug or smth. else? Hope u can help me with that.
Thank you^^
GOG connect has nothing to do with GOG Galaxy for which this thread is for. I would suggest you to contact GOG support to tell them your issue.

Don't know if this is a known issue. But using the chat function within a game for me is nearly impossible. I enter the GOG Galxy overlay and I can see how Galaxy is trying to build up my friend list to the right. It takes ages until he found all of those and if I try to connect with anybody GOG Galaxy ttells me several times that I am offline until it finally works. At the moment I finish the game to use chat since this is the only real usuable option for me - but this kind of takes the whole meaning out of the chat overlay, don't you think? I's also like to add that this issue did not occur recently - it was always this way - for years now.
Post edited October 28, 2017 by MarkoH01
I`ve problems with the gog connect service u`re offering right now. After 2 days trying now it still say that i`m queued to connect with my steam account. My settings on steam are public btw. Is there a problem right now,a bug or smth. else? Hope u can help me with that.
Thank you^^
MarkoH01: GOG connect has nothing to do with GOG Galaxy for which this thread is for. I would suggest you to contact GOG support to tell them your issue.

Don't know if this is a known issue. But using the chat function within a game for me is nearly impossible. I enter the GOG Galxy overlay and I can see how Galaxy is trying to build up my friend list to the right. It takes ages until he found all of those and if I try to connect with anybody GOG Galaxy ttells me several times that I am offline until it finally works. At the moment I finish the game to use chat since this is the only real usuable option for me - but this kind of takes the whole meaning out of the chat overlay, don't you think? I's also like to add that this issue did not occur recently - it was always this way - for years now.
Alright,my bad. I contaced the support now. I thougt that i can ask this here because there is the oportunity to connect your steam games on Galaxy.
Thanks anyway^^.
Sphix94: Alright,my bad. I contaced the support now. I thougt that i can ask this here because there is the oportunity to connect your steam games on Galaxy.
Thanks anyway^^.
Yeah, but that is not Galaxy specific but more of the part of Galaxy that is a mirror of the website. Meaning you would probably have the same issue had you just tried to use connect using the website (www.gog.com/connect)
Gotcha. I`m waiting for the support and see what it is.
Hi,

Cheers for Gog connect, great idea.

So tried to connect steam account games from Halloween selection. Sadly only half the games I have on the list are recognized.

Hand of fate
layers of fear
and the walking dead michone

these games do not seem to be recognized even after multiple checks across the day.

Anyone have similar issues and is there away around it?

Thanks
galaxy no longer supports Vista OS?
The problem started a year ago and has not yet been fixed
https://www.gog.com/forum/witcher_adventure_game_the_online_beta/error_with_kernel32dll/page1
Kirin_Persus: Hi,

Cheers for Gog connect, great idea.

So tried to connect steam account games from Halloween selection. Sadly only half the games I have on the list are recognized.

Hand of fate
layers of fear
and the walking dead michone

these games do not seem to be recognized even after multiple checks across the day.

Anyone have similar issues and is there away around it?

Thanks
Like I said before. I suggest that you contact support to solve the issue. Even if there would be others here having the same issue I highly doubt anybody could help you. The only thing you could do is to try to refresh the page by pressing the "refresh" button. Sometimes connect does not recognize all games at once. If this does not help contact support.
Post edited October 29, 2017 by MarkoH01
Is there a way to make the "screenshot taken" image at the bottom right go away faster- or not pop up at all?

The sound effect is sufficient and the "screenshot taken" image is actually added to subsequent screenshots.
is there a way to make galaxy into a smaller window? I used to make it smaller with the double arrow but it doesn't work anymore. Thanks
Venom: Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== CLOUD SAVES - STAGGERED RELEASE ==

The Cloud Saves backend will be enabled for selected users in batches. We expect the full rollout to take at least a few days. If the cloud saves feature didn't start working for you yet please give us a few days. We will be posting updates on the rollout process in this thread.

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

# 1.2.20 (August 25, 2017)
## Changes and Improvements:
- [Windows] CPU usage improvements for GOG Galaxy Overlay
- [Windows] Overlay will now react to change of keyboard layout (eg. from EN to RU characters)
- Improved version detection of imported games. Galaxy will also not perform file adjustment if it's not needed. Supported only by newer games
- Importing and updating The Witcher 3: GOTY (DVD version) will properly use differential patch mechanism (greatly reduced download size)
- Galaxy update popup made more reliable

## Bugfixes:
- Game updates will no longer fail with disk access problem, after redeeming single DLC with a gift code
- Slightly optimised download process, Galaxy will no longer stop downloading for a while during unpacking small files
- Galaxy will not freeze after quitting during applying diff patches
- It is now possible to log out without internet
- [Windows] Fix for screenshots in Dragon Age: Origins and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
- [Windows] Mouse cursor should not duplicate when opening overlay and moving the mouse simultaneously

# 1.2.21 Beta (August 25, 2017)
## Changes and Improvements:
- Added desktop notification if there are unread notifications in the top menu

## Bugfixes:
- Top menu won't switch to mobile mode in Galaxy
- Fix for excessive memory usage in top menu

1.2.22 (September 05, 2017)
Changes & improvements:
- New top navigation (already known from GOG.com)
- New notifications system:
new notifications dropdown in the top navigation
added desktop notification for forum replies
added desktop notification for wishlisted items discounted
improved pluralisation in desktop notifications
- [MacOS] GOG Galaxy bundle name is renamed to 'GOG Galaxy.app'
- Desktop notification reminding about unseen notifications respects your other notifications settings - e.g. if you've disabled desktop notifications for chat
- GOG Galaxy now supports Wistia videos
- Improved a bit performance, by doing less HTTP requests, which were expected to fail anyway
Bugfixes:
- Fixed an issue with Galaxy trying to install 64-bit redistributables on 32-bit systems
- You can see your own message written in another chat window immediately
- Fixed a bug which could falsely show Not Authorized status on Game, if you've had connection problems when trying to view it
- When you're on settings page of not installed game with auto-updates disabled globally, you won't see untrue sentence "The version you're currently on is no longer available"
- Fixed issue where login/registration form would disappear after 30s (Which existed only in 1.2.21)
- Fixed "Import Folder" not working in certain circumstances
- Fixed false positive conflict when syncing cloud storage
- Time of notification (e.g. "a few seconds ago") in the dropdown will change dynamically when you change Galaxy Client's language
- Text in game settings will no longer overlap, when the game had only two rollbacks and autoupdates were disabled

1.2.23 (September 09, 2017)
- Hotfix for long Galaxy start, when it was installed not to default location
- Friends' statuses should be more up to date

1.2.24 (October 11, 2017)
- Reworked how the navigation history works, fixing numerous bugs (left/right arrows in top menu)
- Added option to specify command line options when launching games (in each game's settings)
- "Unread notifications" notification doesn't produce sound, and does not have a setting entry by itself
- New in-game achievement notification animation and design
- Improved looks of the close button for chat in Galaxy Overlay
- Galaxy will show a spinner while verifying a game's private channel password. An error will be shown if the password is invalid
- Small improvement in resources usage
- Multiple desktop/in-game concurrent notifications sounds less choppy
Bugfixes:
- Fixed grey (disabled) screen on login screen
- "Continue previous session" setting for starting page will now properly remember the last page you visited before quitting
- Game view background image scaling on ultrawide screens now works properly (no more grey areas on the sides)
- Galaxy will no longer try to install 64 bit redistributables on 32 bit systems
- Fixed a rare crash during game update
- Fixed a bug causing Galaxy to freeze when using it with a slow internet connection
- Sound volume regulation is respected for in-game notifications (50% quieter by default)
- After changing windows back and forth (alt tabbing), input in the overlay will work correctly
- Fixed a visual issue with (hint) text for rollbacks overlapping other text under it
- Time of notification (e.g. "a few seconds ago") in the dropdown will change dynamically when you change Galaxy Client's language
- Galaxy will no longer lose games when updated from version 1.1.30 to latest :)
- The "You have unread notifications" notification won't show up more than once for the same notification
- You won't see "Version you're currently on is not known" paragraph in not installed games settings anymore
- Some scenarios (e.g. importing older game builds with auto-updates disabled) will no longer show newest game version label if Galaxy is not sure about that
- In above scenarios, you'll see "The version you are currently on is not known. You can select the version to update to." instead of untrue "The version you are currently on is no longer available"

1.2.25 (October 16, 2017)
- SDK Networking optimizations

1.2.26 (October 19, 2017)
Bugfixes:
- Fixed networking issue when joining/creating lobby for the first time in game run
- Fixed a bug where in-top-menu notifications didn't appear after app restart in some cases

1.2.27 Beta (October 24, 2017)
- A dialog will now be shown if the cloud save sync fails due to not enough space in the cloud
- Improved security in communication between Galaxy Overlay and it's UI
Bugfixes:
- MORE dropdown, or GOG Logo dropdown will not fail to open anymore (happened sometimes)
- [MacOS] Fixed Scan & Import falling in recursive loop, when encountering a symlink leading to root directory (Such symlinks happened in WINE games, eg. Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga)
- Fixed possible cloud saves synchronization freeze after a failure in receiving synchronization request
- Game update will no longer result in broken installation, when new version doesn't have previously installed language
- GOG Galaxy will no longer fail to update itself in some instances due to insufficient permissions
- Error popups (like "Failed to load game database") will be now translated to your application's language
So the only reason i use GOG is for Witcher and i have yet to complete the game becuase my hardrive died and lost all my progess. That said, cloud saves are a great addition! :P
Liosan: Hey NoAGood,

do you have display scaling? I mean the "Make Text And Other Items Larger Or Smaller." option in control panel.

Liosan
NoAGood: Hi Liosan,

I can change the text size for eveything .. At the moment it is on the middle setting, (125%) because my eye sight is poor.

I'll set it to 100%.for a test and see if it works. The only program off the desktop and to large is Gog Galaxy.

I've set it to 100% and Galaxy window will resize. A double click on the top of the window bar will make
it full screen. Another double click will take it back to the "sized" window.

So in other words, this works for galaxy, but everything else is a bit small for me to read, due to my poor eyesight.

Is this the only solution?

Thanks!
You could try this: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/10436/using-program-compatibility-mode-in-windows-7/ - in compatibility settings there is an option to "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" which would affect only one application. I haven't tried it, though :)

Did the issue resolve itself? There is a technical limitation about how many requests can be processed daily, so the situation you describe might be normal.

bushwhacker2k: Is there a way to make the "screenshot taken" image at the bottom right go away faster- or not pop up at all?

The sound effect is sufficient and the "screenshot taken" image is actually added to subsequent screenshots.
Wait, what? It's added to the next screenshot? In what game? I tested a few and it works fine...
Post edited October 30, 2017 by Liosan
Z_Star: So the only reason i use GOG is for Witcher and i have yet to complete the game becuase my hardrive died and lost all my progess. That said, cloud saves are a great addition! :P
But there really is no need to quote the whole OP just to tell us ;)
Z_Star: So the only reason i use GOG is for Witcher and i have yet to complete the game becuase my hardrive died and lost all my progess. That said, cloud saves are a great addition! :P
MarkoH01: But there really is no need to quote the whole OP just to tell us ;)
I don't see an issue with it unless your delicate system is metered by lines displayed; if so, then it hardly effects the sane world.
MarkoH01: But there really is no need to quote the whole OP just to tell us ;)
kittehoverlord: I don't see an issue with it unless your delicate system is metered by lines displayed; if so, then it hardly effects the sane world.
Nope it is not. But since there was nothing from the OP specifically the user did respond to it's just not nice to quote the whole OP. If everybody would do this you would be scrolling a lot. It's just a thing you try not to do and if you are new to such things it's nice (at least that is my opinion) if somebody tells you about it. Hey, I did not mean to yell or anything like it - that's why I put a smiley behind it to take the "fire" out of the critizism. It was just meant as a friendly reminder.
Post edited October 31, 2017 by MarkoH01