It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Several parts of the interface that were already in Spanish, have been in English since the last update.
Hijin25.948: Several parts of the interface that were already in Spanish, have been in English since the last update.
Well, that's in line with GOG's continuous improvement procedures:

If it's broken --> do not fix it
Else --> break it

:-P
XenonS: I wonder why this has not been asked here:

What is the right settings for GG in a firewall as for the FTP / UDP Protocoll? In and Out for what port ? For any port?

Thank you,
Same thing here I'd like to know how to configure a firewall for GOG Galaxy.
I'm using Windows 10 firewall, blocking all incoming traffic and allowing outgoing on a case-by-case basis so i need to know which rules are required. There are a bunch of exes and also two services.
GOG please clarify this !
Post edited September 15, 2017 by lecharlatan
How is the FPS counter tracking framerate? I feel like it's way off for me. I've been trying it out in No Man's Sky (probably not the best game to try it with due to its optimization issues) and it's showing me framerates way higher than it looks like it should be.

Whether I'm in space or near a planet's surface the framerate's showing 100+ FPS, but I know from checking with Steam's FPS counter that generally I see 45-55 FPS in space and 20-25 FPS near planet surfaces*. I can see similar dips in the counter with GOG Galaxy, but the numbers are always at an odd amount by comparison.

*-As a note for any other users reading this: I'm above the min specs but still somewhat below recommended specs, so this is only reflective of a lower mid-range system's performance. For other users with better systems it's somewhat better, but still flaky due to aforementioned optimization issues.
XenonS: I wonder why this has not been asked here:

What is the right settings for GG in a firewall as for the FTP / UDP Protocoll? In and Out for what port ? For any port?

Thank you,
lecharlatan: Same thing here I'd like to know how to configure a firewall for GOG Galaxy.
I'm using Windows 10 firewall, blocking all incoming traffic and allowing outgoing on a case-by-case basis so i need to know which rules are required. There are a bunch of exes and also two services.
GOG please clarify this !
You only need to allow outbound access to galaxyupdater.exe and galaxyclient.exe, ports 80 and 433, TCP protocol.

Hope it helps.
tangerina: You only need to allow outbound access to galaxyupdater.exe and galaxyclient.exe, ports 80 and 433, TCP protocol.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the help ! I still have an error launching the client saying it could not check for updates.
And the achievement system is not working either, i'm guessing that the game itself has to be allowed to communicate (just like Uplay games).

EDIT : no luck with the achievements even after allowing the game in the firewall...
Post edited September 16, 2017 by lecharlatan
tangerina: You only need to allow outbound access to galaxyupdater.exe and galaxyclient.exe, ports 80 and 433, TCP protocol.

Hope it helps.
lecharlatan: Thanks for the help ! I still have an error launching the client saying it could not check for updates.
And the achievement system is not working either, i'm guessing that the game itself has to be allowed to communicate (just like Uplay games).

EDIT : no luck with the achievements even after allowing the game in the firewall...
Did a brief test and seems you need to allow a couple more .exes too.

In short:

a) galaxycommunication.exe
Location - C:\programdata\gog.com\galaxy\redists
Outbound access, port 514, UDP protocol

b) galaxyupdater.exe
Location - C:\programdata\gog.com\galaxy\temp\desktop-galaxy-updater
Outbound access, ports 80 and 443, TCP protocol

c) galaxyupdater.exe (yes, same executable name but different path)

d) galaxyclient.exe
Location - folder in which you installed Galaxy

Client update works fine with these rules. Don't know about achievements since I use Galaxy just in order to download the offline installers, but it might be working too, check it out.

Btw, I recommend Windows Firewall Control if you use Windows FW. It is an easy to use frontend which provides an excellent logging feature -- very helpful when you need to troubleshoot connection problems.
Post edited September 16, 2017 by tangerina
tangerina: Did a brief test and seems you need to allow a couple more .exes too.

In short:

a) galaxycommunication.exe
Outbound access, port 514, UDP protocol

b) galaxyupdater.exe
Location - C:\programdata\gog.com\galaxy\temp\desktop-galaxy-updater

c) galaxyupdater.exe (yes, same executable name but different path)

d) galaxyclient.exe
Location - folder in which you installed Galaxy

Client update works fine with these rules. Don't know about achievements since I use Galaxy just in order to download the offline installers, but it might be working too, check it out.

Btw, I recommend Windows Firewall Control if you use Windows FW. It is an easy to use frontend which provides an excellent logging feature -- very helpful when you need to troubleshoot connection problems.
Thanks again ! I confirm that the client update now works. I was missing the second GalaxyUpdater.exe.
Hi, everyone!
Is it possible to make a gift in GOG Galaxy to someone, who is not registered at GOG yet? Via the email link e.g.
Whenever i get notification through GOG Galaxy and click on it - the client immediately crashes. Version is 1.2.23.
Galaxy Overlay isn't working on a specific game, Rebel Galaxy. How can I fix it? Is is still possible to get achievements without the overlay?
Hello all,

quick tricky question, if I have a GoG galaxy game installed on my pc but bought elsewhre, I can surely add it in my Gog Galaxy library. If I change my computer in the future, will those type of games still available on my GoG account ?

More specific case: I bought Caesar 3 on steam, I can install it from steam and add it to my GoG library. If I go with a brand new computer and only use GoG galaxy, will I find back Caesar 3 and install it from the GoG galaxy on the new PC?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
Post edited September 20, 2017 by Mohawkward
Mohawkward: Hello all,

quick tricky question, if I have a GoG galaxy game installed on my pc but bought elsewhre, I can surely add it in my Gog Galaxy library. If I change my computer in the future, will those type of games still available on my GoG account ?

More specific case: I bought Caesar 3 on steam, I can install it from steam and add it to my GoG library. If I go with a brand new computer and only use GoG galaxy, will I find back Caesar 3 and install it from the GoG galaxy on the new PC?

Thanks in advance for the answer.
What do you mean by adding a Steam game to your GOG library/account? Steam and GOG are separate, and buying games on one doesn't entitle you to the game on the other. However, every now and then GOG does offer GOG Connect, whereby certain games you own on Steam can be claimed on GOG at no cost, but these opportunities have only come around a few times and don't stay for very long, so you have to claim them before the opportunity ends, but once claimed on GOG it remains in your GOG account completely separately to your Steam account.
Suggestion for Galaxy.

Any chance we could get a live chat room on the forum page of each game? We could use this to friend up, and join a game with people who are actually online & ready to play right now. This would be a great feature.
Post edited September 20, 2017 by UltraComboTV
bananzer: Hi, everyone!
Is it possible to make a gift in GOG Galaxy to someone, who is not registered at GOG yet? Via the email link e.g.
Yes, just buy a game and select that it should be a gift in checkout. You'll have an input to fill the e-mail adress.
PainOfSalvation: Whenever i get notification through GOG Galaxy and click on it - the client immediately crashes. Version is 1.2.23.
Please post this as a title of mantis issue, and attach your logs. Instructions are there after you log in and click this link:
http://mantis.gog.com/bug_report_page.php
TentacleMayor: Galaxy Overlay isn't working on a specific game, Rebel Galaxy. How can I fix it? Is is still possible to get achievements without the overlay?
It depends whether the problem is that overlay is not working, or something more.

Please upload your logs to http://mantis.gog.com/bug_report_page.php

Other than that, you might want to contact support. They have solutions for common problems.
Mohawkward: More specific case: I bought Caesar 3 on steam, I can install it from steam and add it to my GoG library. If I go with a brand new computer and only use GoG galaxy, will I find back Caesar 3 and install it from the GoG galaxy on the new PC?
It depends whether you add it to your GOG library via GOG Connect (https://www.gog.com/connect) or just import the game to GOG Galaxy and it says "NOT CONNECTED" when you display it in Galaxy.

If it's the latter (most probably), then you won't be able to install it on the new PC through Galaxy as you don't own it here.
Post edited September 21, 2017 by Johny.