It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
AlBQuirky: Could you please stop Galaxy from "auto-starting" when I click on a game to play? I HATE Steam because there is no choice but have it running. Please don't make me HATE Galaxy for the same reason.

I have checked all available "settings" and see nothing that says, "Auto-start Galaxy when games are launched."

To be clear: I do NOT want Galaxy running JUST to play my single player games!

[EDIT]
Or do I just need to uninstall the "thing?"
BKGaming: It's just a change to the shortcut settings, you can bypass it by going directly to the exe file of the game and making a new shortcut.
Thanks for that. It is easier for me to just uninstall Galaxy at this point.
My GOG Galaxy stopped working today and i did nothing to that happen:

Nome do aplicativo com falha: GalaxyClientService.exe, versão: 1.2.22.31, carimbo de data/hora: 0x59ae7055
Nome do módulo com falha: ucrtbase.dll, versão: 10.0.14393.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x57898db2
Código de exceção: 0xc0000005
Deslocamento da falha: 0x0003fc07
ID do processo com falha: 0x4604
Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d327d9b8e9501d
Caminho do aplicativo com falha: H:\Jogos\GOG\GalaxyClientService.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
ID do Relatório: 3984144b-7132-44e1-ba8e-0ab55891a51e
Nome completo do pacote com falha:
ID do aplicativo relativo ao pacote com falha:

Falha no bucket 109123523162, tipo 1
Nome do Evento: APPCRASH
Resposta: Não disponível
ID do CAB: 0

Assinatura do problema:
P1: GalaxyClientService.exe
P2: 1.2.22.31
P3: 59ae7055
P4: ucrtbase.dll
P5: 10.0.14393.0
P6: 57898db2
P7: c0000005
P8: 0003fc07
P9:
P10:

Arquivos anexados:

Esses arquivos podem estar disponíveis em:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_GalaxyClientServ_8f2a1dcb67e75b1783389c53c43b42e0b f13aaf3_152e4bca_30892628

Símbolo da análise:
Verificando novamente solução: 0
ID do Relatório: c69cbbf8-b792-427e-bfc0-99ad4e4d2e00
Status do Relatório: 0
Bucket com hash: b1b6c1a754d33c3fd4b6cb0dae305cd3

Anybody has a clue to what is happening and what i have to do to correct this? (Without having to reinstall +100 games)

Thanks!
Already uninstalled and reinstalled Gog Galaxy (setup_galaxy_1.2.22.31.exe) and the same error happens.
When i click in GOG Galaxy icon the GalaxyClientService enters in loop starting and stoping without Galaxy starts. (Like a loop). And everytime there is a new message error like above.

OBS: All the games are running ok, if i click directly on ther icons on their folders. It´s just GOG Galaxy that won´t load at all. Any help?
flaviossa: My GOG Galaxy stopped working today and i did nothing to that happen:
Yeah, this crash is basically the root cause of the long startup problem... We were planning to release the fix today, but unfortunately we have to postpone it for tomorrow. Sorry :|

Liosan
Thanks Liosan! Will wait for the fix :)
same problem here. Out of nowhere Galaxy takes forever to start today...
Post edited September 07, 2017 by Pat123
The fix should be out :)

Liosan
Liosan: The fix should be out :)

Liosan
Just got it some minutes ago, everything seems normal for now, good job!
back to normal now!! thank you!!
Liosan: The fix should be out :)

Liosan
Still having this problem I reported to the bug tracker even after updating: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_official_discussion_thread/post649
Where do i get the fix? Install GOG Galaxy again?
(I cant update thru Galaxy because it doesn´t start at all!!)

The installer available thru the page is still "setup_galaxy_1.2.22.31.exe"

Edit: Ignore my post :)
Post edited September 08, 2017 by flaviossa
What bugs me most is the broken update system. 1st "galaxy client is updating" raises quick to 100% and then it starts again and often stops halfway without any notice. The client is running but it is confusing.
I would try the hotfix but all I get is "There was a problem updating the application" and the download on the website is not the updated one...
Ok, a couple of things.

1) Making "C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy" the default location is just asking for problems. Make that the root of C: or whatever else but not the UAC infested zone. Yes, it's secure in there but any problems will put users without experience thru a lot of hoops.

2) The uninstaller needs fixing as well. It always requires a reboot to get rid of "GalaxyClientService.exe". Always. This should not be happening but it does that all the time. Installing Galaxy over it doesn't work because the file requires admind rights no user actually has. And finally, the uninstaller doesn't even say that a reboot is necessary.

3) Even if I download the latest Galaxy setup files it's still updating during install. What exactly is Galaxy updating here?
NightmareChild: 2) The uninstaller needs fixing as well. It always requires a reboot to get rid of "GalaxyClientService.exe". Always. This should not be happening but it does that all the time. Installing Galaxy over it doesn't work because the file requires admind rights no user actually has. And finally, the uninstaller doesn't even say that a reboot is necessary.
I think you can avoid reboot if you kill the process "GalaxyClientService.exe" via the task manager.