It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
I am totally fearing the backwash of messages, yeah bring it on, for having bought an awesome game from GOG, played it through to the end, several times, and yet I have not been able to discover how to leave a rating or a comment, or any type of opinion of mine own on the GOG website. I mean, there are other users out there, they leave their comments and ratiings on a five star level, magically, but I find myself searching everywhere for the magic button that will allow me to share my rating. Someone please delete this message when I have found that button.
Hey, I already posted about this in a game-specific forum, but...

GOG Galaxy: What does it add for Stellaris?(1 posts)

What does downloading the game with GOG Galaxy (as opposed to getting the game files) do? Is that really necessary for multiplayer? I'm not an expert on what multiplayer options Stellaris has. Do any of them not work with the offline install? Does the game have a "check for updates" button that allows you to get updates from online and have them installed in a very straightforward fashion without Galaxy?

My old computer seemed to run slower when I ran both GOG Galaxy and Steam at the same time (I have different games on each; I did not run multiple games at once, but might close one and open another without logging out of the service). Hopefully that wouldn't be an issue with my new computer, with a better processor and an SSD, although I'm on the same internet connection.
andrew.kern: I am totally fearing the backwash of messages, yeah bring it on, for having bought an awesome game from GOG, played it through to the end, several times, and yet I have not been able to discover how to leave a rating or a comment, or any type of opinion of mine own on the GOG website. I mean, there are other users out there, they leave their comments and ratiings on a five star level, magically, but I find myself searching everywhere for the magic button that will allow me to share my rating. Someone please delete this message when I have found that button.
On the store page of the game scroll down to User Reviews. There should be a row of stars next to your avatar which you can click to rate the game. And below this a button "+ Add Your Review". Be warned that the review system is... not very good.
Delete if too off topic but, I wanted to thank the devs. GOG Galaxy 2.0 got me an erection today
Yes. Good job to the Galaxy devs. I know I am in particularly hard on you guys about the lack of Galaxy updates and features, but Galaxy 2.0 looks well worth the wait. Let's get this beta started. ;)
Will Galaxy 2 have linux suppor?
andrew.kern: I am totally fearing the backwash of messages, yeah bring it on, for having bought an awesome game from GOG, played it through to the end, several times, and yet I have not been able to discover how to leave a rating or a comment, or any type of opinion of mine own on the GOG website. I mean, there are other users out there, they leave their comments and ratiings on a five star level, magically, but I find myself searching everywhere for the magic button that will allow me to share my rating. Someone please delete this message when I have found that button.
Easy, just check this picture...
Attachments:
Hi, i'm new. Is possible to change name?
BlueZaffira: Hi, i'm new. Is possible to change name?
Contact support and they will help you.
Can a Blue shed light on whether it would be possible in the upcoming version of Galaxy to access 'keys' section of games that come with additional keys/codes for various purposes?
Yann_Darko: Easy, just check this picture...
Thank you!
Now if I could just delete this thread...
Seriously, I so love GOG.
What does that stand for, anyway?
God Of Games?
Yann_Darko: Easy, just check this picture...
andrew.kern: Thank you!
God Of Games?
"Good Old Games"
At first, and during many years, GOG mission was to bring back classical vintage games and made them compatible with modern computers. After a while there has been (not much of) a debate to decide if they would start to sell more recent games too... They did change the formula, and now the Good Old part has been seriously toned down, but the name remains.
andrew.kern: Thank you!
God Of Games?
Yann_Darko: "Good Old Games"
At first, and during many years, GOG mission was to bring back classical vintage games and made them compatible with modern computers. After a while there has been (not much of) a debate to decide if they would start to sell more recent games too... They did change the formula, and now the Good Old part has been seriously toned down, but the name remains.
Thank you for preserving the Good old Games!
Post edited May 25, 2019 by andrew.kern
Yeah this thread is super long.
Quick question with this cross platform stuff; does this mean we'll finally be getting non-gimped versions of multiplayer games without the matchmaking ripped out of them in favor of steam; or should we just be ignoring Galaxy and just be on steam?
K thanx
faroot:
GOG Galaxy game stats can not be deleted / erased at the moment.
I was given a partial solution for my case though, probably due to insignificant amount of data.