It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
takezodunmer2005: (snip)
The maddening thing is that version 1.1 worked flawlessly and for some reason, the damn program constantly freezes up and cannot even update/fully install my games without a hard re-start via process hacker/Task Manager!
(snip)
Johny.: Bugfixes for freezes are coming in next update 1.2.7 AKA bug hunting. :) I hope it will resolve your issue.
Thanks for the reply/info...I'm eagerly waiting, also once all of galaxy's bugs are ironed out (Several versions down the line naturally) gets ironed out will we have category tagging/organization options in the future? Anything to usurp steam's dominance in the market, I'll fully support! :^)

Greywolf234: Hi i would like to report a new bug I just experienced , using Galaxy 1.2.6 . it loads up fine but after sitting idle for a while it says its not responding and I have to ctl-alt-del and close it that way. I am using windows 8.1 and is fully updated.
I see that your working on bug fixes for freezes on next update!
Yeah, I have the same issue, they're aware of it and will hopefully have a solution via vers 1.27!
Post edited May 18, 2017 by takezodunmer2005
Hi all,

we just released GOG Galaxy 1.2.7, mostly with a bunch of stability improvements and bugfixes. You'll find the changelog in the usual spots - in the pinned post in this thread, and in the menu in top left corner of GOG Galaxy :)

Liosan
Thanks for 1.2.7... that was quick. :)

Anyway, apparently a butch of games got updates for the overlay and for some reason "Starbound" is giving me a server problem message when trying to update but the other games updated fine. Must be something on GOG's end.
Updated Galaxy to 1.2.7, but Witcher 3 isn't running any more.
witcher3 exe appears in the task manager, using one cpu core and ram usage is rising and rising. Game doesn't start

edit: game starts without galaxy
Post edited May 18, 2017 by Nebelchen123
We're experiencing issues with the Cloud Saves backend servers. You might notice some "Failed to sync storage" errors while syncing games.

All your local content is unaffected, and all changes made will be synced automatically once all issues are resolved.
BKGaming: Anyway, apparently a butch of games got updates for the overlay
Yes, a few games received minor updates required to support the overlay.

BKGaming: and for some reason "Starbound" is giving me a server problem message when trying to update but the other games updated fine. Must be something on GOG's end.
We've removed the broken Starbound update, so the game should install/work fine. There will be a new minor update in the coming days to fix the overlay.
Experiencing exactly the same problem as Nebelchen123. Witcher 3 just maxes out the Ram and network bandwith and doesn't start.
Poddy30: Experiencing exactly the same problem as Nebelchen123. Witcher 3 just maxes out the Ram and network bandwith and doesn't start.
It would help us debug this issue if you would create a new issue in our bug tracker and attach your logs:
http://mantis.gog.com/bug_report_page.php
(instruction for the logs are on the bug report page)
I was already using cloud sync for Witcher 2. After update to 1.2.7 today, there is no evidence about cloud sync. Where was "Saves synced" (or something like that), now there is only "Installed". Did I lose my Cloud Sync feature ? :)
Good luck and thanks for what you created :)
Post edited May 18, 2017 by hubacek.jakub
Poddy30: Experiencing exactly the same problem as Nebelchen123. Witcher 3 just maxes out the Ram and network bandwith and doesn't start.
I have the same problem after update to 1.2.7.
When I try to use Witcher 3 with overlay, it crashes in 1 second after launch.
If I disable the overlay, it conumes all the network bandwidth and crashes all the other network connections.
If I launch Witcher 3 without this buggy GOG Galaxy, it works perfect!

The Witcher 2 crashes after 5 minutes when launched via GOG Galaxy and all saves created in this session are missing!
hubacek.jakub: I was already using cloud sync for Witcher 2. After update to 1.2.7 today, there is no evidence about cloud sync. Where was "Saves synced" (or something like that), now there is only "Installed". Did I lose my Cloud Sync feature ? :)
Good luck and thanks for what you created :)
My previous post about cloud saves server status was lost on the previous page, but the storage servers experienced issues today, and we've taken them offline to perform maintenance.

Cloud saves servers are now coming back online, and the system is restoring syncing functionality to all games and users, but that's an ongoing process.

In the meanwhile all your local data is available and you can play games and make new saves. The cloud backup of your data is safe, and syncing will be restored once all servers are online. All changes made locally while serves were offline will be synced automatically, without any additional user actions.
Post edited May 18, 2017 by Venom
Venom, can we please expand cloud saves to more games already? Are you guys going to do the batch release for this too? I'd love to have cloud saves for Thimbleweed Park for example.
"Universal cloud saves" gave me the impression that every game on this service would have cloud saves. Or that the Linux version of Galaxy was out and saves could transfer between that, Windows, and Mac.
Not sure if it’s important enough to open a Mantis report so I’m going to post this here.

The GalaxyComunicationService is crashing every time I start Shadow Warrior Classic Redux since I’ve updated to 1.2.7.
After that there is a little graphical glitch with the menu to select what you want to play (the main game or the expansion) but it’s possible to start the game.
Grimlock: Not sure if it’s important enough to open a Mantis report so I’m going to post this here.

The GalaxyComunicationService is crashing every time I start Shadow Warrior Classic Redux since I’ve updated to 1.2.7.
After that there is a little graphical glitch with the menu to select what you want to play (the main game or the expansion) but it’s possible to start the game.
We'd be thankful if you'd post a bug report. :) Thank you.

About TW3 not starting from Galaxy Client for some of you - as a workaround please run the game directly from the executable. We'll investigate the issue.

To find it, you can use MORE -> Manage installation -> Show folder
Post edited May 19, 2017 by Johny.